Class 1A and 2A All-State Team

jackets34

Only CA, but I figured you try to down play it for him. I'm not his dad. I'm just an ex player/fan. This just shows how little the people picking these players actually know. Find another way to belittle Cwood.

I was reading in my Murphy Fair book and Collinwood is not very good. They were 1-9 last year. That Statom man has only won 78 games. This Statom man needs to make these Collinwood boys lift some weights so they can get real strong. You think im joking but im not.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Pirate sees Roy's point, a good program has consistency. What has Cwood done over past 5-6 years?

Cwood has been down for the past 5 or 6 years but are a very respected program. Back in the days of Jonathan Ward they went 3 straight years with undefeated regular seasons only to lose o the privates in the playoffs. If the playoff system worked then like it does now I truely believe they would have some gold balls on their shelf and this is coming from somebody thats definatly not a Cwood fan.

Cwood has been down for the past 5 or 6 years but are a very respected program. Back in the days of Jonathan Ward they went 3 straight years with undefeated regular seasons only to lose o the privates in the playoffs. If the playoff system worked then like it does now I truely believe they would have some gold balls on their shelf and this is coming from somebody thats definatly not a Cwood fan.

I agree with that statement. SP is in the same boat. 2003, 2008 for SP could have produced hold balls as well if the current 6 class system would have been in place.

I would like to congratulate all of the young lads that made the allstate team. You young lads should consider it an honor for a legend such as myself to compliment you on this prestigious award. Just remember, achieving legend status is a choice.

are you going to tell everyone who you are or should i tell

Congrats to all the fine players from around the state that made the all-state teams. I've just got to ask how does Creed Rose from Cascade get left off the team? The kid had over 2000 yards rushing and 20 something tds. Seems all-state worthy to me.

We could all sit and name players that we think should have made it but the bottom line is they only take so many and the ones that made it were well deserving and congratulations to them all.

Collinwood.......under Statom.

1999 9-3 2nd round

2000 12-1 3rd

2001 11-1 2nd

2002 12-1 3rd

2003 9-2 1st

2004 3-7

2005 8-4 2nd

2006 9-3 2nd

2007 8-3 2nd

2008 8-3 Stones river bowl. Won 47-7 harriman.

2009 7-5 2nd

2010 7-5 2nd

2011 1-9

2012 9-3 3rd

All this in region 6.

112-49/ 10-9 in playoffs. Those numbers may be off by one or two games. I think Statom has done an amazing job at a 1a school back in the woods. He does it with one or two assistants. Next year he will have one assistant Wilson. Winborne is retiring. I got those numbers from coacht site.

Edited by TheWoodMan