Class 1A and 2A All-State Team

jackets34

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many schools are there in 1a 42? And there is just 13 schools that have all state players? They are way to many players making all state from the same schools. They should do it like the Mr Football put 1&2a together 3&4a 5&6a. Then pick 11 for offense plus the punter. Then pick 11 for defense plus the returner and call that the first team all state. Then they could pick 2nd team all state. Then it would not seem so watered down.

nobody from Collinwood made the team, what a jokie...Logan Montgomery was the best qb and Peyton Risner was the best db in the state

Old Pirate is wondering.....what or where did you get that info that these two were the best at their positions? If that is true that new Tenn coach will be calling...OP ain't got a clue who's the bestest, but what schools are recruiting these two & what kind of stats did they have? Edited by OLD PIRATE

C'mon Guys...It's The Sports Writers Who Covers The News For Area Papers That Vote...If'ns You Hosers Are In The Sticks And Don't Get Much Sports Coverage You Likely Aint Gonna Get A Kid In The Selection Process....So If Ya Kid Is Good And 2 Or 3 Of These Hosers Have Heard Of Your Athelete Then He Gets A Chance Of Being Voted In...It Has Nothing To Do With Stats Being Presented And Compared...It Aint That Scientific Or Scroutinied....But Hey Congrats To The Ones Who Made It And Dang I Wish The Ones That Deserve It Should Have...

Edited by Butchie

nobody from Collinwood made the team, what a jokie...Logan Montgomery was the best qb and Peyton Risner was the best db in the state

Are you joking? I was looking in my Murphy Fair book and this Montgomery boy and this Risner boy did not even make Murphy preseason allstate team. Let me ask you a question. If this Montgomery boy and this Risner boy is the best in the state, are they going to play in the SEC? I garuntee you if they are the best in the state, then they could play in the SEC. They are not even on the front cover of my Murphy Fair book. You think im joking but im not.

We are appreciative that Austin was selected. We also acknowledge that it takes 10 other guys doing their jobs well for others to excel individually. We appreciate the GCA coaching staff for developing him and teaching him many things about life and football. And most importantly the unselfish teammates the last 4 years that have made HS football a blessing to our son.

I don't know about the other lineman but Malik (2A Boyd) was very deserving. Austin said he was the best lineman he played against in his 4 year HS career. So kudos to Malik. He was very hard to deal with in the Boyd GCA game.

Congrates to all the GCA boys. And the good Lord has blessed me to get to watch my boy play wearing Tennessee Orange in his final HS game in the KY vs TN border bowl January 12, 2013.

Go Rams