Greebacks Head Coach Ridge takes over at William Blount.

orngnblk

Heard today that Coach Justin Ridge took the head coaching position at his Alma mater William Blount.I wish him the best of luck there,most coaches desire to coach were the played so good for him!I am sure offensive coordinator Jason Hicks will be the new Head Coach(not official yet) at Greenback,which will be a great hire he knows the kids and he knows the system,he is a great motivator and most of the kids love playing for him,i also believe we will keep the D coordinator also which will help in the transistion,he inherits a team with 16 incoming Srs and 10 or 11 jrs all of which got plenty of playing time last yr.I look for GB to still be a tough team next yr,the schedule will be stiffer but you got to playem if you want to beatem!Good luck Coach Ridge!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

We're people expecting Coach Ridge to leave?

Yes a few of us thought last yr was it he pretty much let coach Hicks take alot of control of practice and things since he went to the central office.I also think that if he took that job last yr that he could only coach one more yr.We are still in very good hands tho.Hicks is a good one.

How are you guys looking next year. I know replacing 2 will be like trying to replace #24 for us. And your QB this year really performed well after switching positions his senior year.

I will start. Looks like we have a couple of holes to plug in the o-line. You guys might think it sounds crazy, but our backfield should be good, even with the departure of 24. QB play should be strong with a 3 year starting Senior at the helm. We should get back a strong TE from injury. Defense will be the piece of the puzzle we need to tighten up. That's my 2 cents worth, how about you guys?

Yes a few of us thought last yr was it he pretty much let coach Hicks take alot of control of practice and things since he went to the central office.I also think that if he took that job last yr that he could only coach one more yr.We are still in very good hands tho.Hicks is a good one.

Hicks is the best. Just ask him. Wonder why he told a couple kids a few weeks back he was going to Alcoa as assistant? Maybe that was before he knew Ridge would be leaving? Will be interesting to see how everything plays out.

I thought all you Greenback folks were on Coach Hicks after the Coalfield game? Coach Hicks will do fine. He will not be as lucky as Ridge. He had the QB that transferred in a couple years ago and some pretty good talent this year. I believe he knew when to get out. Not saying Greenback won't be good but I'm not sure it will be anything like you all have had for the past 2 years.

I thought all you Greenback folks were on Coach Hicks after the Coalfield game? Coach Hicks will do fine. He will not be as lucky as Ridge. He had the QB that transferred in a couple years ago and some pretty good talent this year. I believe he knew when to get out. Not saying Greenback won't be good but I'm not sure it will be anything like you all have had for the past 2 years.

In my opinion if you score 30 points you SHOULD win the game!I dont think the offense gave up over 300 yrds rushing(just answering your question not rubbing you raw).I think we had the kids on the sidelines to help in that game that didnt get the opportunity TO help.I do think that desicion is the head coach and the D coordinators they seen we were getting ran through like a sive.In regards i think Coach McCarter is a great D coordinator he just waited to long for the guys to get it turned around,you have to adjust even if you have to move people in the lineup.IMO only.We are single A if you have great players sometimes they HAVE to go both ways,its their job to make sure they can,believe me these kids are willing just waiting for the call.I agree as said before Hicks will be good for the program.We have the opportunity to be very good next yr not as much depth but have alot of Srs and Jrs that are really good athletes O-line should be better going to be big and strong and all move very well,hard to replace Seymour but the Anderson kid is a very good back along with Laforce.QB is the big question we will be able to run the ball but can we throw it,we have all our skill positions back other than seymour,both kids in the running for QB have alot of maturing to do and i hope they are in the weight room.D line will be strong have to replace a really good LB in kuhn that also will be tough but doable.alot of questions will begin to be answered in the spring.We have a very tough schedule next yr so it could be a long year,i hope not. Edited by orngnblk