Granite city tourney

memphissoccerpimp22

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect Neosho who is also nationally ranked to be a factor here as well.

All the first day does there is set-up for the rest of the tournament. That tournament is won on the second day and I imagine it will be a tight race all the way through if all three teams wrestle to potential.

At this point I know CBHS has lost more than two but are wrestling extremely well as is Archer. It wouldn't shock me to see either Archer or CBHS crack the national top 50 rankings if one of them wins this tournament.

As of right now CBHS is in 2nd behind Archer, GA by 2 points. Top 5 are as follows:

1) Archer (GA) - 427.0

2) CBHS (TN) - 425.0

3) Lincoln-Way Central (IL) - 390.5

4) Neosho (MO) - 316.0

5) Lincoln-Way West (IL) - 307.5

Note that Neosho is currently ranked 42nd in the country by Intermat.

CBHS and Archer both put 11 wrestlers into the top bracket, 2 into the 2nd bracket, and 1 into the bottom bracket. It is looking like it could be tight throughout the day tomorrow.

They have two head-to-head match-ups right off the bat tomorrow with one favoring CBHS and the other a toss-up in my estimation.

Edited by ghouse

CBHS 06, 13, 20 and 26 advance to the semis in the gold brackets to start day two, as Acher's wrestlers fall in the same weights. Latest score...

1. Christian Brothers (Memphis) 489.0 2. Archer 427.5 3. Lincoln-Way Central 421.5 4. Neosho 365.0 5. Lincoln-Way West 320.5 6. Granite City 300.5

Edited by TO338

Cbhs has 6 in the finals with archer having 4.. This would be a very interesting dual to watch but I think cbhs finishes strong in this tourney winning it

Team scores heading into the finals...

1. Christian Brothers (Memphis) 636.0

2. Archer 577.5

3. Lincoln-Way Central 563.0

4. Neosho 461.5

5. Lincoln-Way West 382.5

Edited by TO338