Tri-County Seven- Week #8

coachh17

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Mother Nature could have a say in things with all this snow. With key games scheduled for tomorrow, UC @ East, Eliz @ JC, Unaka @ NG, Cloudland @ Hampton, none of the teams want to have to reschedule and have games piled up at the end of the season. You want to have time to prepare for each opponent and it is hard to do when you have 3 or 4 game weeks. Certainly hope the weather lets up and the games can be played safely. Looking forward to the coming weeks.

I kno that, every1 knows Rhodes is div 1 player. That to me really doesnt mean alot to me when u put those 2 teams on the court together. Ive seen several girls over the past 10 yrs as good as her or better but it doesn't always change the outcome of the game. It should be very interesting at cloudland, that has to be the hardest place i kno of to come out with a win at with any team!

Unicoi beat Elizabethton 45-38 last night. Unicoi is getting better as the year goes on and its obvious that the injuries have taken their toll on Eliz. Even though they host the district and regional, that may not be enough of an advantage to make a sectional game. Where are you coachh with your analysis? I have a feeling you would have already posted if they had won.

I watched the game. I had moved Unicoi County up to #2 this week and knew that they had a good chance to knock off the now damaged Lady Cyclones at home. To their credit, they did in a fairly ugly game. Edwards led the way with 16 points, primarily on drives to the basket and offensive putbacks. She is just tougher than the Lady Cyclones, who did not play physical enough to stop her. The Lady Devils also hit several uncontested three pointers at big moments in the game when defenders appeared lost. I still believe the Lady Cyclones have enough talent to make a sectional game, but they look completely out of sync and flat without DePew and McCurry, who are not coming back. Seniors DeMoss and Madgett did not have their best games last night. They along with fellow senior Roberts will need to step up and lead this team through this transition. I think Bradley can run the point effectively. I am still not a big fan of the half court offense. It is jammed up and does not create space. 15 foot jumpers off the dribble are low percentage shots. I would try to pound it inside to Roberts, Madgett, and DeMoss in isolations and have them make power moves to the rim. If double teams come, kick it out to the Marosites twins for open threes. I also would like to see them press man-to-man and be more agressive defensively in the half court to generate steals and easy fast break points. Quick, long, and athletic kids like the Marosite twins, McCrary, and Robinson could be terrors defensively. The JV destroys people that way. Go Cyclones.

Edited by coachh17