2013 Sullivan South Rebels

2000southreb81

In reply to the previous 2 comments: 1. I'm not with Elizabethton; I really have no dog in the race; just stating an objective opinion. 2. To say North lost a lot is an extreme understatement. They lost what, 19 or 21 seniors? Most of all were key contributors. 3 of them being their most explosive offensive players, and yes I know the Tight End was kicked off early. Also, Kiree's younger brother is no longer playing for North.

Please save the comment though, but don't magically forget it when it comes true.

Is the Thompson kid going to D-B?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In reply to the previous 2 comments: 1. I'm not with Elizabethton; I really have no dog in the race; just stating an objective opinion. 2. To say North lost a lot is an extreme understatement. They lost what, 19 or 21 seniors? Most of all were key contributors. 3 of them being their most explosive offensive players, and yes I know the Tight End was kicked off early. Also, Kiree's younger brother is no longer playing for North.

Please save the comment though, but don't magically forget it when it comes true.

Then if you're not with betsy then why are you hollaing from the mountian top then?..Im not fans of ethier south or north,But i RESPECT both schools and there programs.And im just sayin to the other 3 rivers schools to keep a watch out for them KINGSPORT side of sullivan county schools.Cause like a wise man said before.DONT STAND ON THE TRACKS WHEN THE TRAIN IS RUNNING THOUGH!!..And im not taking nothing away from besty,Ive got RESPECT for them as well.Just sayin watch out for those two schools.

Trust me i want,If they smash them ill be the first one to say i was wrong.WILL YOU?

Saying that South and North are gunning for 2nd and 3rd is a pretty accurate statement. Elizabethton is a different animal than all others in the 3 Rivers, and before anyone says it I'm the furthest thing from a Betsy fan. But I also take pride in giving credit where credit is due...

I understand where you are coming from given the success Elizabethton has had over the years. I'm referring to both past decades and in the last several years in a 3A/4A conference and in the 3A playoffs. We have had a great rivalry with them over the years and I believe the series is very evenly split so we are not talking about "different animals" when it comes to comparing these two programs. We expect to win against Betsy at least as much as we lose. Now Turner at Elizabethton IS a different animal but I still like our chances and am highly doubtful that the Rebels will get "smashed" by anyone in the regular season over the next couple years at least. That comment was what started most of this discussion. South and Elizabethton will definitely add to the quality of the eastern side of the 4A playoffs.

I understand where you are coming from given the success Elizabethton has had over the years. I'm referring to both past decades and in the last several years in a 3A/4A conference and in the 3A playoffs. We have had a great rivalry with them over the years and I believe the series is very evenly split so we are not talking about "different animals" when it comes to comparing these two programs. We expect to win against Betsy at least as much as we lose. Now Turner at Elizabethton IS a different animal but I still like our chances and am highly doubtful that the Rebels will get "smashed" by anyone in the regular season over the next couple years at least. That comment was what started most of this discussion. South and Elizabethton will definitely add to the quality of the eastern side of the 4A playoffs.

I assume you meant Thomas as in Ethan Thomas. Turner was the other RB last year. And I do not think South will get "smashed" by Elizabethton, but I also do not think they will beat them. Just my opinion...

I assume you meant Thomas as in Ethan Thomas. Turner was the other RB last year. And I do not think South will get "smashed" by Elizabethton, but I also do not think they will beat them. Just my opinion...

Yep - I meant Thomas. Had Turner on my mind after watching him for several seasons.

South should have a prolific passing attack. Unfortunately they should also have trouble stopping the run, particularly anything outside the tackles. If the Cyclones take care of the ball, I see them winning this one similar to last season's game. It should be for the conference championship in week #10 which will be fun.