Savannah Christian Academy

Savannah Country Day

St. Benedict at Auburndale

St. Pius X 0.01. St. Thomas

Trinity Christian Academy

University Heights Academy

Walker

Woodward Academy

This is only a guess, but maybe the #'s are down this year due to Jeff Walrich, the former HC for Holy Innocents left over the summer to bigger and better things. Just thinking the connections were lost with some of the schools not participating this year. Still a very tough tournament with schools from multiple states and more than several studs in most weight classes.

I always wondered why cbhs never attends this? Ghouse could you help me with that one? This is a big tourney covered by flo every year with the finals being streamed live, I just always thought this one was right up cbhs' alley.

This is an easy question to answer.

1) Atlanta is more then 300 miles from Memphis. Per TSSAA regulations all teams are allowed only one out of state trip exceeding 300 miles. We would much rather use that trip to attend a tournament like Kansas City for a few reasons.

a ) The KC tournament is tougher than the prep slam

b ) The prep slam is full of all the TN DII teams. We see those teams more than enough times throughout the year and have no desire to travel our one greater than 300 mile trip and have the best teams in the tournament be the same teams we compete against already. After-all, I don't believe there has been a year of that tournament yet than Baylor or Ryan did not win it.

Oddly enough I don't know if Flowrestling is covering the prep slam this year. They are out doing live streaming from Tulsa Nationals this weekend and one of the guys that usually covers it (Fretwell) is out coaching at Tulsa.

Edited by ghouse

G house has the answer but I am betting its ....why wrestle the same tn teams you have to wrestle all year and believe a team can only travel so far from there school and Atl is to far but but the KC tourney is close enough due to west tn location of school and a much better one for national attention.

This is an easy question to answer.

1) Atlanta is more then 300 miles from Memphis. Per TSSAA regulations all teams are allowed only one out of state trip exceeding 300 miles. We would much rather use that trip to attend a tournament like Kansas City for a few reasons.

a ) The KC tournament is tougher than the prep slam

b ) The prep slam is full of all the TN DII teams. We see those teams more than enough times throughout the year and have no desire to travel our one greater than 300 mile trip and have the best teams in the tournament be the same teams we compete against already. After-all, I don't believe there has been a year of that tournament yet than Baylor or Ryan did not win it.

Oddly enough I don't know if Flowrestling is covering the prep slam this year. They are out doing live streaming from Tulsa Nationals this weekend and one of the guys that usually covers it (Fretwell) is out coaching at Tulsa.

I was under the impression that TSSAA 300 mile rule was from the Tn state line and not the school address but I could be wrong. It would only make since that it would be considering how you can travel 300 miles within the state. Either way I see this rule as a huge set back for TN teams, along with the limited number of wrestling dates.