Sad day for Smith County

Antwan

The final say would be up to RL I imagine. You don't think Rankin and Creasy are reaching a little?

Maybe. But you never know. Rankin has tons of family here. Son plays ball at tech. Be closer for him to see his boy. Money talks tho. Do you think that they would consider promoting from within? Dickerson maybe? And will the hackett boys stay put?

Guest Termite

The final say would be up to RL I imagine. You don't think Rankin and Creasy are reaching a little?

This isn't Cannon Co. or Macon Co. but it isn't not Ensworth either. I'm sure lot of coaches will be talking to Maynard and Gentry about the job, and I would expect them to give nothing but high praises for the program, community, and support. You know it hasn't been a secret that Maynord has interviewed for a job or 2 the last few years. Other coaches know this too and have inquired about the job should it come open. Larry (Tootie) Silcox is the A.D. and will have a say or at least a recommendation to Mr. Lewis I would think. Besides coaches that apply, it couldn't hurt to ask around. If there is somebody on a "short list" they are interested in, ask, all they can do is say no.

This isn't Cannon Co. or Macon Co. but it isn't not Ensworth either. I'm sure lot of coaches will be talking to Maynard and Gentry about the job, and I would expect them to give nothing but high praises for the program, community, and support. You know it hasn't been a secret that Maynord has interviewed for a job or 2 the last few years. Other coaches know this too and have inquired about the job should it come open. Larry (Tootie) Silcox is the A.D. and will have a say or at least a recommendation to Mr. Lewis I would think. Besides coaches that apply, it couldn't hurt to ask around. If there is somebody on a "short list" they are interested in, ask, all they can do is say no.

Spot on

Guest Termite

Maybe. But you never know. Rankin has tons of family here. Son plays ball at tech. Be closer for him to see his boy. Money talks tho. Do you think that they would consider promoting from within? Dickerson maybe? And will the hackett boys stay put?

Rankin is from here, all HIS family is here, he played here, got his 1st head coaching job here, his son plays 30 miles up the road from here, but I don't look for him to come back here......as a coach anyways. If anyone in the program would consider the head job, I think it would be Dickerson or more probable Harville. I think the 2 Hackett boys will stay with it. They love it too much to let go. Makes for interesting speculation though don't it?? Speculation eases the sting a little too. I think the powers at be now remember the Mayfield years and know the Rankin and Maynord years and will make a good choice.

Rankin is from here, all HIS family is here, he played here, got his 1st head coaching job here, his son plays 30 miles up the road from here, but I don't look for him to come back here......as a coach anyways. If anyone in the program would consider the head job, I think it would be Dickerson or more probable Harville. I think the 2 Hackett boys will stay with it. They love it too much to let go. Makes for interesting speculation though don't it?? Speculation eases the sting a little too. I think the powers at be now remember the Mayfield years and know the Rankin and Maynord years and will make a good choice.

Let me be the first to tell you as an owl fan the sting SUCKS!! But i do believe the ad/board and boosters see to it that a good choice is made. Do u think harville or dickerson could be successful?

Guest Termite

Let me be the first to tell you as an owl fan the sting SUCKS!! But i do believe the ad/board and boosters see to it that a good choice is made. Do u think harville or dickerson could be successful?

I'm pretty sure Harville has been offered jobs before.....maybe Macon Co.. Either would be a good coach, but only if they really want it. It's hard being from here and coaching here. Too many folks thing lil Johnny is a star, and (just my opinion) it's easier for someone else (outsider) to be the bad guy and play who needs to be playing, and not influenced by lil Johnny's parents. Maynord wasn't from around here, and didn't live here so it didn't matter what your name was If you could play, you played.Logan McKinney is a perfect example. Another thing is, I think both Dickerson and Harville have little kids. The head job is many, many hours if you do it right and could be a little difficult being the man that follows THE MAN too.