District 3AAA

DyronNix

Science Hill is good but I would not place them above Oak Ridge, Powell, Maryville, or Bearden. They could definitely beat these teams but not consistently. Size is not their strength this year, it's speed and shooting.

Oh I would put them ahead of all of them except OR. Then their even. I've seen them a couple times and they are not small. Their bigger than all four of those u mentioned above. OR has the size and athleticism to play with them, the others don't. I thought maryvile would be a top five team in the state this year with all 12 players back, but their not. Their good but predictable, play to the level of opponent to much. That'll bite them one day. They have one athlete and some good ball players. But match ups are a crazy thing in high school sports, anything could happen.

Oh I would put them ahead of all of them except OR. Then their even. I've seen them a couple times and they are not small. Their bigger than all four of those u mentioned above. OR has the size and athleticism to play with them, the others don't. I thought maryvile would be a top five team in the state this year with all 12 players back, but their not. Their good but predictable, play to the level of opponent to much. That'll bite them one day. They have one athlete and some good ball players. But match ups are a crazy thing in high school sports, anything could happen.

I think all of the teams Chill mentioned are the class of the east, along with SH. I know SH plays some really good teams, but there district schedule is lacking. I guess DB and TN High are decent teams, but other than that it's pretty low quality. There coach does a good job of scheduling out of district foes to compensate for the weak district opponents. I also agree that size isn't there forte this year. Like Chill said, it's definitely there overall shooting ability and athleticism, but i think OR (again, not saying this because i am a fan lol) has better athletes. Have seen them both play and against one another as well. Good is a tremendous shooter, probably one of the best in the state. Not quiet sure i would pick Maryville to beat them more than once or twice if those two teams were to play ten times, though.

I don't think anybody in our district has underestimated Powell at all. I can see them winning the district and region. But, there's no way they can beat science hill, no way. I've seen them play, and I don't think any Powell player would be a starter on their team. Again, they are a really good TEAM, but u have to have some size, and a couple lock down defenders to beat them. Of course winning district, district tourney, and regional, are all great accomplishments, and I know 8 other teams that would love to be in powells position. Trust me, I am a big fan of their team, and team concept, so don't take any of this the wrong way.

I've seen Science Hill play also and to say no player on Powell's team would be a starter is crazy, expescially the way the way SH plays. Lets say none wouldn't start, they would still play alot. SH tends to sub 4-5 players at a time. SH just barely beat DB in double overtime last week, and from watching them, they are nothing specials. OR killed DB both times they played them, so I think OR, Powell, and Karns would have a good chance of beating them. SH is good, but they are not the team they were 2-3 years ago.

Edited by extremefury

I really think that some are giving Science Hill too much credit this season. They are extremely well coached and can beat anyone, but they lost most of their size from last year plus some good guards. Oak Ridge lost to them because they were missing kids. They have no one to counter Merrion inside. In my opinion, Science Hill only wins a substate game due to their great home court advantage. The teams I mentioned earlier play a tougher schedule and are just as good. Just my opinion...

I agree. SH is a tad overrated just looking at there record makes you think they're better than they are. OR has Maddox and Gray that game they win. Actually were handling SH pretty good until Good turned into Larry Bird and couldn't miss from 3 pt range. District 3-AAA has 3 teams that could beat SH, i think. If Halls played to there potential which they haven't lately they could even give them a game in my opinion. Not the way they have been playing lately, though.

Player of the Year: Devin Sibley (Karns)

Coach of the Year: Mike Ogan (Powell)

All-District Team: Karns - Tyler Maples; Clinton - Alex Willard; Central - C.J. Holloway; Anderson County - Ethan Hayes; Hardin Valley - Zak Carter; Oak Ridge - Jaylin Henderson, Rian Hall, Cory Fagan, Isaac Merian; Campbell County - Corey Poteet, Gunner St. John; Powell - Clay Payne, Dallas Fields, Jack Rase; Halls - Taylor Bunch, Stetson Moore.

Clinton beat HVA, after being down 14 at half. HVA had an 8 point lead with two minutes to go but kept shooting for some reason. CC beat central again. Ac had a 15 point lead on halls but literally threw the game away because they couldn't handle the press. Hal's wins by three I think it was. Halls played awful for three qtrs. Moore played one of the worst games I've ever seen him play. I still say he shoots way to far out.

So it's Halls vs CC, and Clinton vs karns. If Halls plays the way they did tonight it will be early exit for the devils. Winner gets powell. Woohoo! I of course think karns will win but Clinton is dangerous this time of year.

Clinton beat HVA, after being down 14 at half. HVA had an 8 point lead with two minutes to go but kept shooting for some reason. CC beat central again. Ac had a 15 point lead on halls but literally threw the game away because they couldn't handle the press. Hal's wins by three I think it was. Halls played awful for three qtrs. Moore played one of the worst games I've ever seen him play. I still say he shoots way to far out.

So it's Halls vs CC, and Clinton vs karns. If Halls plays the way they did tonight it will be early exit for the devils. Winner gets powell. Woohoo! I of course think karns will win but Clinton is dangerous this time of year.

Dang, Clinton playing good right now. I'll be surprised if they beat Karns, but hey HVA almost beat Karns the other night at home, so you never know. Interesting to see who Oak ridge will play Saturday.

Couple of interesting facts on how bad it was for Halls. 1st qtr. 12pts ball was in the paint 4 times 3 total points, a FG and 1 FT. Half time 2-6 from the line. Maybe got the ball in the paint 10-11 times total. Thanks god for the second half. Should be a good game Thurs @6. Actually I HOPE it's a good game. 1st time in the gym. Mad I won't get to see it full on Thurs. I can see why it's a home team favorite.

Couple of interesting facts on how bad it was for Halls. 1st qtr. 12pts ball was in the paint 4 times 3 total points, a FG and 1 FT. Half time 2-6 from the line. Maybe got the ball in the paint 10-11 times total. Thanks god for the second half. Should be a good game Thurs @6. Actually I HOPE it's a good game. 1st time in the gym. Mad I won't get to see it full on Thurs. I can see why it's a home team favorite.

Yea it should be a good game. Both games were close in reg season. It was some really good crowds too. Clinton , Halls and ac had good crowds, and of course CC packed it in. Now par, u can watch the Halls/CC game live on 1450wlaf.com if u can't be there.

Dang, Clinton playing good right now. I'll be surprised if they beat Karns, but hey HVA almost beat Karns the other night at home, so you never know. Interesting to see who Oak ridge will play Saturday.

Yea SS, if karns doesn't come out and put this game away early, it could be a long night for karns. HVA just couldn't put them away. Zack carter had at least 20 and he got them on his own, they didn't look for him all night He got rebounds and stuck them back in. I know u would rather see Clinton for sure. Clinton brought a lot of people, and there kids fed off the crowd for sure. Good luck.