AAU Top 100

truthsquad

I figured being a man of your screen name that would be a relatively easy question to answer... Not quite sure where there might be any ambiguity? But then again, being that you are so committed to your region and supporting what we do here in Memphis, please accept my apologies for thinking that it was anything shy of cowardice not finding me yesterday.

I tend to find your screen name somewhat ironic as truth can be defined is a state of character, or an actual existence. Personally I believe you should change your screen name to joker as it pertains to the terms political usage… Because after all you are playing politics and have no real desire to see the success of what others are working hard to accomplish.

See, you seem to forget that there are number of people who give of their time to plan, arrange and carry out these events. Individuals who don’t care about cousin Kevin’s deer meat stew, John Satterfield’s commentary or if it was an adult or kid officiating a match making a bad call. Plain and simple, this is a matter of trying to build a sport in a state where others say the “culture†is lacking.

Humor us and present your plan for making it all better! After all, Gable says we are more than coaches; we are ambassadors of the sport… This is where your comment that I am agreeing with you is proven wrong. You sir, in my opinion, are a pot stirrer.

I want to echo SAC's Thank you to all the teams who braved the weather to make the long trip to Memphis for the Bobcat Challenge. Along with last year's region tournament this was a big step in getting more to-and-fro club traffic betweeen the west and the rest of the state. Not expecting the dam to burst but these are good first steps. I think you will continue to see west Tennessee clubs at future AAU tournaments in Middle and east Tennessee and hopefully there will be a few more clubs that travel out to memphis for non-top 100 events going forward. I think everyone understands the geography challenge.

Kudos to the Arlington Wrestling Club for stepping up to host the tournament and thanks to the Team TN crew that came out to make sure Arlington was supported. No tournament is perfect but this tournament was significant and with the experience gained I am sure future tournaments will be even better.

A big thank you to everyone in Memphis involved with running this tournament. Everything went well and the wrestling was top notch. From the facilities and hospitality, to all the workers and volunteers I thought it was a great success and hopefully we can use this to grow our relations with our bothers in the west. Im disappointed Truthsquad didnt take me up on my invitation for a sit down discussion but atleast we all had some good laughs discussing him in the hospitaity room and coaches meeting.

Truthsquad, this is the last time I will acknowledge anything you say unless you contact me directly. Again, I am going to clarify a few points you are wrong on. Why you have a fascination with the McCalie state tournament years ago I have no idea. First off it was a split state tournament that year. We had a pee wee and a big kids state. There were barley over 300 kids in the tournament at McCallie so there was no need for more than 6 mats. If there was a need we would have put down more mats in the gym right next to the one we used. The floor was not crowded at all as it was the only time were were able to keep people in the stands. In fact there was no 8 mat rule until we combined the pee wee and big kids state tournaments. If that perfectly ran tournament bothers you so much why arent you complaining about the one this past weekend? Memphis only used 6 mats instead of the "required" 8 for a top 100. ( Disclaimer.., Memphis did not need 8 mats and the tournament ran perfetly on 6 ) Why are you not crying about that? The reason you arent is because you just have an axe to grind with Chattanooga. McCallie was chosen to host the tournament over your school years ago and it still bothers you.

As far as your comments to captainchaos, it makes no sense to think we are going to travel outside our city when we have a tournament here in our own town. We do travel everytime there is a top 100, no matter if its in Pigeon Forge, Heritage, Mt Juliet or Memphis we will be there but the rest of the time we have to support our own teams and wrestlers. If we dont support our own teams then our region will start lagging behind and I can assure you thats not going to happen. If you would tell us your name or team maybe we could verify all of this supporting you do but until then you arent going to get much credit from the wrestling circles. By the way... I thought it was really odd you didnt even come to the tournament this weekend but you started all this complaing about everyone supporting it. Its even more cowadly that your team was there but you were not. Hmmm... getting pretty warm on guessing who you are arent I ?

Edited by YOUTHCOACH16

YouthCoach16,

Thanks again to you and your group for making the trip to join us this past weekend. All the groups who came in certainly added to the tournament. It was good to have a few minutes to catch up in the hospitality room.

I hope you guys found some good food before you got out of town. See you this weekend.

YouthCoach16,

Thanks again to you and your group for making the trip to join us this past weekend. All the groups who came in certainly added to the tournament. It was good to have a few minutes to catch up in the hospitality room.

I hope you guys found some good food before you got out of town. See you this weekend.

We had a great time and will definitley be back. We got some great advice on a place for dinner Saturday night. Thanks again for everyones help. Good luck to the Bro's this weekend. Well, good luck in all your matches except one. lol

We had a great time and will definitley be back. We got some great advice on a place for dinner Saturday night. Thanks again for everyones help. Good luck to the Bro's this weekend. Well, good luck in all your matches except one. lol

Good luck to your group tonight and we can just settle it all on the mat this weekend.

Glad the recommendation worked out well for you on dinner.

I just would like to express my thanks to all the volunteers that support TNAAU wrestling. In the past I have not always agreed with everything, but sometimes when you are a leader you are going to have to make decisions that don't necessarily please everyone. No matter how you feel about TNAAU you have to agree that we are headed in the right direction. We have been wrestling in TNAAU for 5 years now and wrestling has grown and competition has improved each year. Just in Clarksville which is a microcosm of the state, we have grown from 1 club to 3 clubs and with those clubs filling up, I expect it to grow from that number. All that being said if you want to see what happens when leadership and members start to grow discontented with each other and the two sides don't work together just check out the Team GA forum. The membership fee has went from $35 to $46 and parents are completely removing their children from the state tournament. I am proud to be member of TNAAU. Thanks for all you guys do! Keep up the hard work!

http://www.gnwa.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20745&sid=a0b99588dd82b7418723effdc288f0e1

I just would like to express my thanks to all the volunteers that support TNAAU wrestling. In the past I have not always agreed with everything, but sometimes when you are a leader you are going to have to make decisions that don't necessarily please everyone. No matter how you feel about TNAAU you have to agree that we are headed in the right direction. We have been wrestling in TNAAU for 5 years now and wrestling has grown and competition has improved each year. Just in Clarksville which is a microcosm of the state, we have grown from 1 club to 3 clubs and with those clubs filling up, I expect it to grow from that number. All that being said if you want to see what happens when leadership and members start to grow discontented with each other and the two sides don't work together just check out the Team GA forum. The membership fee has went from $35 to $46 and parents are completely removing their children from the state tournament. I am proud to be member of TNAAU. Thanks for all you guys do! Keep up the hard work!

http://www.gnwa.org/...723effdc288f0e1

Oh the Humanity!!! An $11 increase?? No wonder parents would drop out and drive over and hour nightly to put their kid in a Chattanooga club, who can stand that? Come on Josh, you know its more than just an $11 increase thats causing problems down there. And GA sees their neighbor to the north kicking their tail every chance we get.

Anyway, good for TN, still a long way to go, but yes the state is definitely growing and getting better.

Oh the Humanity!!! An $11 increase?? No wonder parents would drop out and drive over and hour nightly to put their kid in a Chattanooga club, who can stand that? Come on Josh, you know its more than just an $11 increase thats causing problems down there. And GA sees their neighbor to the north kicking their tail every chance we get.

Anyway, good for TN, still a long way to go, but yes the state is definitely growing and getting better.

That was the point of the post was that they have more issues than just the price increase, just another great thing about wrestling in TN is that it is generally low in cost compared to other states. I am just trying to point out, from an unbiased stand point (as you can see from my past posts) that TNAAU is doing pretty good contrary to the post you graced us with a few weeks ago!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, if you attended the Bobcat Challenge / AAU Top 100 in Memphis, Arlington did everything they could think of to help promote the sport. See topics below. What do other clubs do to help market their events? We want to make sure we are doing our part to continue to grow the sport in Western TN.

Event photos: please see the note from the photographer below. It took longer than expected to get everything posted.

""Due to the extremely high volume of photos from the tournament we have come up with a easier way for you to view your pictures.

Please go to http://www.atkeepsakemoments.com/ and select the mat your child was on. This will take you to the site to view the photos and purchase if you like.

Commercial Appeal article: http://www.commercia...rowd-for-sport/

Edited by Cknett