14 A MVP

wtspfan

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote goes to Simone Pearson.Maybe Cross from South Fulton.With Fair being out for Union City could also have someone from UC in the running.But UC may have too much balance to have the MVP this year .No dominate player.But UC was the favorite and LC lost 3/5 of it's starting lineup and was picked 4th place by most everyone.And are in second place at the moment and in my opinion,Simone has carried LC in just about every game.

Edited by mrbigster

Reedy and Hudson are the best 2 in the district.They not only do it on the offensive end, they get the assignment of the other teams best players. Simone or Gray wasn't a factor against UC,Cross wasnt a factor against UC,Greenfield didnt score 30 points.They are good all around players and the best 2 in the district.One of them should get it,but they may split votes and Cross or Simone may get it.

Not sure UC has the best player in the district, but they definitely have the player(s) with lots of "value". Reedy has most of the point guard duties and goes beyond the normal "coach on the floor" status...the things she does mostly dont show up on statbsheets. Hudson is a lock down defender who handles the ball (racks up tons of assists), rebounds the ball, and is a tough one on one matchup.

All that saying, either of those two or Pearson or Cross would be great selections. For the record, I do think cross is the best offensive player in the district, and Pearson has proven herself over the years as well.

All are great players and people.

Hudson and Reedy were the best 2 on the court when they played LC,Pearson wasn't a factor, and they were the best 2 on the court when they played SF,Cross wasnt a factor.From those 2 games,not taking anything away from them because they are good ball players and people,its hard for me to look at those games and say they are MVP.Just my opinion, the best 4 are 1.Reedy,Hudson,Cross,Pearson.

I disagree.As for playing the other teams best offensive player like Reedy,Pearson does the same thing for LC.If Fair were playing ,pretty well would be a hands down vote.And Pearson would be guarding Fair.I'd go with Reedy over Hudson..Hudson is limited.Mostly a rebounder or gets easy baskets or garbage under the goal .In games I have seen,she missed a ton of easy layups.Last year maybe had 4 or 6 points.Don't have much of a shot.Not going to base my opinion on maybe the one game UC played Lake Co.Did Pearson get in foul trouble.UC has the best team and overall talent and unless Faair was playing ,not the MVP.And remember,Lake Co was picked 4th and Union City first.Why is Lake co doing better or much better than expected.Simone Pearson.I'd think she's averaging 18 to 20 points a game.Pearson has carried Lake Co and lit Dyer Co up the other night.She was the only player to show up against Halls and carried Lake Co overall against Liberty.

Edited by mrbigster

IMO,I think the MVP should go to reedy for the simple fact of take her off the union city team right now without fair where would uc be?

I thought Nettles was doing really well all those games that UC won.Again UC was picked to win the district and had a chance to win the State according to most players.and a lot of people were still saying that even after Fair was hurt and Nettles was there.When Nettles had her sprain and many thought UC may not get out of the district.so UC was loaded and have the best team but not the MVP.Pearson and Cross are both better individual players.and again.Lake Co was picked to be the 4th place team.Simone is carrying LC.Split with Cross and South Fulton,losing to South Fulton after leading most of the game and having a 2 point lead with Lake Co fouling South Fulton on a layup that was counted and then they hit the free throw with 10 seconds left to take a 1 point lead.LC came down and Simone shot with 2 seconds and was fouled with no call.And the Union City Messenger I was told even thought Simone was bumped but didnt get the call.So if Simone isnt playing,Lake Co probaly wouldnt finish in 4th place.Probably in 6th right in front of Humboldt and Trenton.But still are in 2nd.

IMO,I think the MVP should go to reedy for the simple fact of take her off the union city team right now without fair where would uc be?

Still in first place with Nettles and Hudson on the team.Lake Co has two go to players in Tiana Gray and Simone Pearson.Union City has 3 in Nettles,Hudson and Reedy and that was without Fair.And been reading a lot about the other girl,Skinner.So I'm sure they would still be in first place.Lake Co lost a lot from last year with Carnation and T.T..I really didnt think they would be doing as well as they have so far this year.And Tiana hasnt played as well and a lot of that I believe is that a lotm of teams are really playing on her tight as she is a spot up shooter and not allowing her to get open.That's making it tougher on Simone and she has ansewed in about every game.Believe she is averaging about 20 points a game,rebounding,bringing the ball up and down the court with Yancy and playing the other teams best player.I'm sure you will see her on Reedy unless Coach doesnt think he has someone to cover Nettles and Hudson down low.Then Simone will guard one of them and probably Yancy on Reedy,simply because she is quicker that Gray.Smart thing would be play a 2-3 zone.Pack it inside and make Reedy and the others shoot outside toward the free throw line and make Hudson shoot farther out in the middle or tyhe wing.Dont think she can shoot that well out from the basket.Nettles either.She gets most of her points with players driving and camping out under the basket for easy layups or on offensive rebounds,about the same as Hudson.

Edited by mrbigster

I'm not sure who the MVP should be, but my vote for Coach of the Year would have to go to the Halls coach....they have improved so much that it's crazy good....he's done an outstanding job whipping them into shape....as bad as they were the past few years, and then to play as good as they do now....Coach of the Year.