FCS vs Watertown

UCSportsFan

All I have heard for the past 2 years is how much better the private school is and how bad their previous coach was. Now 2 years later you cant find an FCS poster on here and in my opinion Bradshaw put the state championship team together all the other guy did was sit in the chair after they fired him. I sat right behind the Watertown bench tuesday night and listened to him coach his kids and came away pretty impressed. I guess the reason there is no hype is because the private schools new coach didnt recruit well enough to be a contender this year. He cant coach thats obvious with the amount of athletes at that school. I say H2O wins by 38

Watertown 70

Private School 32

Edited by devilfanatic

All I have heard for the past 2 years is how much better the private school is and how bad their previous coach was. Now 2 years later you cant find an FCS poster on here and in my opinion Bradshaw put the state championship team together all the other guy did was sit in the chair after they fired him. I sat right behind the Watertown bench tuesday night and listened to him coach his kids and came away pretty impressed. I guess the reason there is no hype is because the private schools new coach didnt recruit well enough to be a contender this year. He cant coach thats obvious with the amount of athletes at that school. I say H2O wins by 38

Watertown 70

Private School 32

Did I read where Watertown had 2 6'5" brothers transfer in at the start of the second semester? Seems like H2O has been doing a little crootin of their own.

Watertown 70

Private School 32

Coach Bradshaw is a very good coach and an even better man. As for your thoughts, last years team had 8 seniors and only 1 player on this years team saw the court in close games last year. Also, Bradshaw coached teams with much more talent than last years FCS team and could never get a W in sub state games. Our bball team this year is very young, and quite frankly they're awful. They had multiple players who decided not to play basketball and instead focus on other sports. And I don't agree that Bradshaw put the state championship team together. Coach Bradshaw would've never let the state tournament MVP play the way coach Cleve let him play. Coach Bradshaw would've put him on the low block, Cleve put the ball in his hands and let him run our offense even though he was the biggest player on our team. Anyways, keep hatin Fanatic. I wouldn't expect anything less from you. As for the game,

Watertown 51

FCS 38

And no way does Watertown win it all this year, but I would've said the same thing about us last year

Coach Bradshaw is a very good coach and an even better man. As for your thoughts, last years team had 8 seniors and only 1 player on this years team saw the court in close games last year. Also, Bradshaw coached teams with much more talent than last years FCS team and could never get a W in sub state games. Our bball team this year is very young, and quite frankly they're awful. They had multiple players who decided not to play basketball and instead focus on other sports. And I don't agree that Bradshaw put the state championship team together. Coach Bradshaw would've never let the state tournament MVP play the way coach Cleve let him play. Coach Bradshaw would've put him on the low block, Cleve put the ball in his hands and let him run our offense even though he was the biggest player on our team. Anyways, keep hatin Fanatic. I wouldn't expect anything less from you. As for the game,

Watertown 51

FCS 38

And no way does Watertown win it all this year, but I would've said the same thing about us last year

Its not about "hating" its the fact that you guys blew up the message boards last year when you had a good team but this year there is nothing about the private school. No support for the school or team on here which tells me that for the most part there is no real fan base just a couple of kids on here posting. Support your team win or lose! The young men on the team this year would appreciate that i'm sure.

I guess its ok for the "christian" school posters to get on the bandwagon when the teams are winning but drop out of sight when times are tough. The rest of us REAL fans support our teams win or lose. :popcorneater:

yeah we're gonna be loaded like basically every year. We won't have as much depth from a pitching perspective, but when your starters can regularly go a whole game you don't need a ton of depth. Our top 5 pitchers are all going to be very good. It will be 4 seniors and 1 junior. All 5 will also play regular positions, but most of the time that is what happens in high school. This team has a lot of seniors on it. I don't know all the players on the team anymore, but I do know most of the older ones. I'm not a coach so I can't be sure exactly who will start, but these are my guesses. At catcher we'll have a senior, Gunner Osbourne, who transferred from MJ starting his sophomore year. He is a pretty good defensive catcher but I have no idea about his hitting. He played some last year when our starting catcher would be moved to third. The backup catcher will be a sophomore, Cody Walker, and has a decent arm from what I can remember, but thats about all I know. At first base, my guess would be either Godwin or Swindoll, both are seniors and both are pitchers. Both of these players are above average high school hitters and pitchers to say the least. At second my guess would be Stefan Remus. He is a senior and has always played outfield. Last year he played a few innings at second. He's never been a consistent hitter, but he is very fast, is a great bunter, and he can actually hit as long as he is confident and it doesn't get in his head. At shortstop will be Cale Mitchell. He has been the second baseman the last two years and will now be at shortstop. He played at short some last year. He is another hitter that isn't very consistent, but he's a good athlete and has some power. At third I think Tanner Martin will most likely start. He is a senior, but Cody Walker may get a chance to play there. Martin has some power, but he also struggles for periods of time when hitting. In left field I think Steven Hollis will start, he is a sophomore this year. He played some when I was a senior and he was only an 8th grader. He is very fast, he was the offensive MVP in the state championship football game, and I think he is primed to have a very good year. Playing center field will be Hunter Watts, he's a senior. He hit between .500 and .600 last year, I think he may have finished closer to .600. He is fast and can basically do everything except hit homeruns. In right field I'll go with Michael Hawks, he's a junior. He's got a sweet swing, but I'm not sure how consistent of a hitter he is. Swindoll and Remus can also play outfield if the need arises. I think this is the most talented team FCS has ever had. I don't think we'll do as well in the regular season as last year, but I also don't think we'll see them freeze up in the state tournament like last year. In the rotation we'll have 3 lefties and 2 righties. My rotation would look like this,

1 Swindoll

2 Godwin

3 Remus

4 Snyder

5 Hawks

There are all kinds of possibilities for the lineup, so I won't even try there. I know we'll steal a lot of bases and score plenty of runs.

Its not about "hating" its the fact that you guys blew up the message boards last year when you had a good team but this year there is nothing about the private school. No support for the school or team on here which tells me that for the most part there is no real fan base just a couple of kids on here posting. Support your team win or lose! The young men on the team this year would appreciate that i'm sure.

I guess its ok for the "christian" school posters to get on the bandwagon when the teams are winning but drop out of sight when times are tough. The rest of us REAL fans support our teams win or lose. :popcorneater:

I support them. I've went and watched them play, but what is there for us to say on these message boards? They don't want to hear people tell them that they get a thumbs up for trying hard. Losing is losing. It may be different at JC where getting a thumbs up for playing hard is the norm for the majority of sports, but at FC we play to win the game lol not just try hard. Do I need to repeat that there were 8 seniors on the team last year? Did you stop and think maybe some of those posters were their parents and thats why they don't post anymore. You act like we had 40 posters on here raving about FCS when I'd bet it was more like 4 or 5 at the most. Not sure what you meant by the whole christian thing, I didn't realize you had to post on CoachT to be a REAL fan, I'll remember that though haha maybe we can put y'all out of basketball again with a terrible team this year. We'll prob put you out in baseball too, or you'll lose to us by 15 before getting crushed in sub state.

I support them. I've went and watched them play, but what is there for us to say on these message boards? They don't want to hear people tell them that they get a thumbs up for trying hard. Losing is losing. It may be different at JC where getting a thumbs up for playing hard is the norm for the majority of sports, but at FC we play to win the game lol not just try hard. Do I need to repeat that there were 8 seniors on the team last year? Did you stop and think maybe some of those posters were their parents and thats why they don't post anymore. You act like we had 40 posters on here raving about FCS when I'd bet it was more like 4 or 5 at the most. Not sure what you meant by the whole christian thing, I didn't realize you had to post on CoachT to be a REAL fan, I'll remember that though haha maybe we can put y'all out of basketball again with a terrible team this year. We'll prob put you out in baseball too, or you'll lose to us by 15 before getting crushed in sub state.

I would love to see that match up in Gainesboro, it might be a different outcome if its there! As for the recruited baseball team, well you might do it but after this year there is going to be some lean years for the private school going into Div II. Can't wait to see what happens then and you can bet your bottom dollar i will be here watching and waiting!

I would love to see that match up in Gainesboro, it might be a different outcome if its there! As for the recruited baseball team, well you might do it but after this year there is going to be some lean years for the private school going into Div II. Can't wait to see what happens then and you can bet your bottom dollar i will be here watching and waiting!

You are one scary "creeper!" I would hate to think that one of the great joys of my life is hoping a group of kids lose a ball game.