FCS vs Watertown

UCSportsFan

Well George you were right, looks like FC had a chance to win the game! What happened? How was FC able to come out and compete with H2O tonight?

Cleve knew he couldn't run with Watertown's horses. We slowed it down and cut their offensive production by 40 points from the last time. If we had more experience I believe we would have won. I'm sure we learned from it. I was proud of our boys. Sorry we couldn't pull it out. But it was nice to see Bradshaw sweat a little. And I didn't see any smirking to the FC fans either. A little taste of humble pie, I'd say.

Cleve knew he couldn't run with Watertown's horses. We slowed it down and cut their offensive production by 40 points from the last time. If we had more experience I believe we would have won. I'm sure we learned from it. I was proud of our boys. Sorry we couldn't pull it out. But it was nice to see Bradshaw sweat a little. And I didn't see any smirking to the FC fans either. A little taste of humble pie, I'd say.

Classic...0-forever vs whs this year and whs was humbled?

ANY team with hand picked players is going to be talented. Maybe cleve just gave the kid from his former team that came with him a heart check after they got stomped by close to half-a-hundred just saying.

Perspective...couple more games and y'all can focus on baseball. With this record looks like you have been focused on it since November.

Classic...0-forever vs whs this year and whs was humbled?

ANY team with hand picked players is going to be talented. Maybe cleve just gave the kid from his former team that came with him a heart check after they got stomped by close to half-a-hundred just saying.

Perspective...couple more games and y'all can focus on baseball. With this record looks like you have been focused on it since November.

Hand picked players? Wow you guys really dont have anything against us besides being a private school. I played there and I promise you I wasnt hand picked or given a scholarship or any crap like that. If you think they are all hand picked then go look at how long those players have been in school there.

Hand picked players? Wow you guys really dont have anything against us besides being a private school. I played there and I promise you I wasnt hand picked or given a scholarship or any crap like that. If you think they are all hand picked then go look at how long those players have been in school there.

Hand-pick

vb(tr) to choose or select with great care, as for a special job or purpose.

That was actually not even a recruiting comment. Handpick meaning the kids that are there are there for specific reason ie sports.

I don't care how long you or anybody else has been there. Your" fingers" into that community have evolved and started recruiting out of the Little League sports. NOT ILLEGAL. just not on the same playing field with publics who are bound by school zones. Now, when you get those kids there and then allow them to play sports and not pay … ILLEGAL.

Regardless of what is said… Have fun D2

Hand-pick

vb(tr) to choose or select with great care, as for a special job or purpose.

That was actually not even a recruiting comment. Handpick meaning the kids that are there are there for specific reason ie sports.

I don't care how long you or anybody else has been there. Your" fingers" into that community have evolved and started recruiting out of the Little League sports. NOT ILLEGAL. just not on the same playing field with publics who are bound by school zones. Now, when you get those kids there and then allow them to play sports and not pay … ILLEGAL.

Regardless of what is said… Have fun D2

How about that kid for Watertown who played football at Brentwood Academy? I heard he played there 4 years and then transferred to Watertown for basketball. Interesting. Sounds like he was picking schools "for specific reasons, ie sports" to quote you a little bit. Call it what you like, you are jealous. Any kid in Wilson County can go where ever he wants to. All he has to do is claim his zoned school doesn't offer a class he wants. That's what you ought to be spending your time whining about.

Edited by GeorgeBailey

How about that kid for Watertown who played football at Brentwood Academy? I heard he played there 4 years and then transferred to Watertown for basketball. Interesting. Sounds like he was picking schools "for specific reasons, ie sports" to quote you a little bit. Call it what you like, you are jealous. Any kid in Wilson County can go where ever he wants to. All he has to do is claim his zoned school doesn't offer a class he wants. That's what you ought to be spending your time whining about.

Honestly don't know about a kid from Brentwood. All the kids I see on the box scores were all 8th grade and freshman when I was in Lebanon So he must not play that big of a role. But as I said I don't know the situation you're referring to… Regardless…

As far as ur argument goes. Watertown Doesn't have to play against the other three high schools in the county. Like they do you. So those Norene/Watertown kids would go to your school and we have to play them. (Any school that accepts kids from another zone shouldn't have to play against that school, it just creates too much turmoil)If they leave to go to Central which has happened that I'm aware of hated to lose him but at least we don't have to face them. There is no arguing with you people. Which is actually the route cause of all of it... you just think you're better than everybody else! As I said we are done with you ... I guess until you get up there with the big dogs and can't hang, and your "mission" changes again ...have fun in D2.

Edited by JustinCase

Honestly don't know about a kid from Brentwood. All the kids I see on the box scores were all 8th grade and freshman when I was in Lebanon So he must not play that big of a role. But as I said I don't know the situation you're referring to… Regardless…

As far as ur argument goes. Watertown Doesn't have to play against the other three high schools in the county. Like they do you. So those Norene/Watertown kids would go to your school and we have to play them. (Any school that accepts kids from another zone shouldn't have to play against that school, it just creates too much turmoil)If they leave to go to Central which has happened that I'm aware of hated to lose him but at least we don't have to face them. There is no arguing with you people. Which is actually the route cause of all of it... you just think you're better than everybody else! As I said we are done with you ... I guess until you get up there with the big dogs and can't hang, and your "mission" changes again ...have fun in D2.

Wow, that was hard to follow. Whatever. It's okay if they "choose" your school as long as they don't "choose" FC, right? I got it. We live in America, remember? We have freedom to choose. Some choose public, some choose private. To each his own. Neither I, my wife nor our children were recruited to play sports at Friendship. We all chose to attend there. And we have all played ball. It's a small "community" environment. One which we feel is best for us.

Sounds like someone thinks that they should be the head of the TSSAA. why dont you let them do their job and you do yours. and unless you are in the TSSAA then it is not your job to determine whats fair or not. so why dont you keep to talking about the games cause i'm about tired of hearing the 4 year old yell "but thats not fair"

Maybe this will jog your memory:

From the Wilson Post Article on December 14th

ROSTER ADDITIONS -- Watertown's boys picked up a couple of new players Thursday afternoon as half-brothers George Theragood and Robert Caruthers became eligible.

Theragood, a senior, transfers in from Brentwood Academy while Caruthers comes from Centennial. A 6-4, physical post, Theragood played four years of football at Brentwood Academy and was a middle school standout at Lebanon's Walter J. Baird before moving to Williamson County.

After playing basketball at BA as a freshman and sophomore, he sat out his junior year of hoops due to shoulder surgery.

Edited by DoyleHargravesConstruction

Maybe this will jog your memory:

From the Wilson Post Article on December 14th

ROSTER ADDITIONS -- Watertown's boys picked up a couple of new players Thursday afternoon as half-brothers George Theragood and Robert Caruthers became eligible.

Theragood, a senior, transfers in from Brentwood Academy while Caruthers comes from Centennial. A 6-4, physical post, Theragood played four years of football at Brentwood Academy and was a middle school standout at Lebanon's Walter J. Baird before moving to Williamson County.

After playing basketball at BA as a freshman and sophomore, he sat out his junior year of hoops due to shoulder surgery.

Thanks, Doyle. JustinCase has selective memory, you know. He only remembers negatives about FC and positives about public schools.