State Duals Results - Post Here

rlwest40

Pigeon Forge had a huge lead but Greeneville has stormed back. With two matches left in A-AA, it's tied 30-30.

Father Ryan pins at 185; CBHS hanging on 22-17

8:20 pm:

CBHS get tech fall then a first period pin, score is 33-17 start of 285. Match started at 120.

Greenville defeats Pigeon Forge 36-34 by pin in the 113 weight class.

WOW.....sorry for PF, good for Greenville!

Not sure FR has enough at this point.

Congrats to Cleveland ! They pinned 9 of the 13 in the first period. The other 4 were

in the second period.

Those kids looked good.

How many state champs will come from there? Thats what I love about it (especially when it was all together).

You will have upsets along the way. This to me requires more focus than any other sport. Win and advance, that's all that matters.

Wrestlers, its a subjective sport to officiate. You have the power to remove as much subjectivity as possible.

Hustle, all the time, back to the circle, quick to get set into position. Dont stall, show me the other wrestler is stalling by YOUR actions.

Moving forward, as much as possible. At the edge of the mat, turn and face your opponent, make that attempt. Just an attempt. Fool me if you can.

Show me you have control for your 2. Demonstrate it. Prove to me you are going to have your way. Dont depend on some odd criteria for control. That keeps it subjective. Make it hard and fast. I want you to make my job easier and by doing that you will win more often than not.

Get a warning for stalling, then a point? Now I'm looking for it. My fault? No, you brought it to my attention.

First period did you work your opponent hard enough for me to call stalling on him? Good for you! Now I am looking for it and, again, YOU brought it to my attention, but this time its working for you! Now's the time to go after him.

Locked hands? If you did it once, chances are you'll do it again. I'm looking.

False start? You tried to beat my whistle?! Good for you! You get two free ones every match, they cost you nothing. If you arent trying to beat my whistle and never false start, shame on you. I would save one for the third period, just in case, but it would definitely be in my bag of tricks.

If you do everything I have stated here, will every call go your way? No. Will the referees miss some? You bet.

But you have some control, even power of guiding the match to your favor.

Good luck in two weeks!

Edited by reftn

Congratulations to Cleveland for winning the State Dual Championship! Congratulations to Wilson Central for placing 2nd. Congratulations to Soddy Daisy for the character and toughness it takes to keep going in the face of serious adversity. Thanks to every team who wrestled in this tournament. Just being in the State Duals has its merits and should be cherished by all. Most of all, thanks to all the wrestlers who put it all out there for all of us to enjoy. Everyone should have a little more respect for each other and It's only cool to see someone proud of their wrestler or team when they show respect for the other.

Well put wrestle or cousin of 90... I know my communication skills are unclear and misunderstood on occasion, but I appreciate what this sport does for our young men and all involved.

Bless your heart star raider - my nearby neighbor & others not so near. It was Great to see many of you yesterday ESP. Murphy, Kurt Smitz (rateur?) and Rob Norrad. And more big reunion!!