Silverdale Girls Basketball

propel

Before this basketball season I thought Silverdale was a place I might like to send my kid. But the past couple of months have changed my mind. There are very few things you have in life and your word is one of the most important you. On Feb. 9 Meigs was to play Silverdale but the Silverdale girls coach did not won't to play this game because he said Meigs ran the score up in the first game. You as a basketball coach are looking for to things how much you improve from the first of the year and how you can play and handle the pressure of teams that are better than you. Sometimes the outcome of the second one may not turn out pretty and end up in an ugly loss. But your kids will grow from it and become a better player. We went through a tuff loss to McMinn Central lost by 40 and my daughter was at a loss for words. My advice to her was I love you; the sun will still come up tomorrow and let this loss make you a better player in the future. So many times in life parents try and remove events in our kid’s life that will make them grow to be a better person. Kid need to see how hard work is what makes them grow not Mommy or Daddy help. To say all that Silverdale gave their word to play Meigs and backed out on the game because someone’s kid would not reach their scoring average on the night. To me Silverdale is saying to the kids when times get tough just quit and find teams you can beat. Just like to say great job by the Boys coach they played McMinn Central but seen the girls would not. My motto what don't kill you makes you stronger.

It is true that he keeps his kid in to reach her average per game. It happened against Red Bank in the CCS Tournament. Coach and daughter looking at the scorebook at halftime counting her points, while up by 40 at half. At the start of the 4th, up by 50, she is still in, playing man/man getting 4 straight steals and layups before being fouled hard. It was an intentional foul and the coach came running onto the court as if he were upset. It is really bad when the CCS AD apologizes to the Red Bank coach for that display of sportsmanship....or lack there of. He can't take what he dishes out. Most teams are going to get beat bad at some point in time, it's like Propel said, your kids will grow from it. Red Bank has gotten much better since then, but still gets beat by 20 on a regular basis. They start 3 freshmen and have no seniors on the team.