14a MVP Who You Got?

copenoc

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He probably will not win it this year because the Falcons have struggled this year but in my biased opinion Zay Coleman is the MVP of this district. What he does for LC is amazing and he never comes off the court. Has played the ENTIRE game on numerous occasions and LC does not have much of a chance to win without him. Scored 29 vs. SouthFulton, over 30 vs TCA and Liberty and had 41 in a tournament win over Christmas in KY. Handles the ball well and is unselfish. I have not seen a better player and one more important to his team than Zay this year.

Wardawg I do think Zay Coleman is a great player and a top 3 nominee for Mr.Basketball but I dunno if I can give him the MVP because LC has had to many lows this year and the record shows it..But he probly is the best player in 14a and a great kid on and off the court..But I'm like u I don't think he will get it..So my next in line would hands down be the Stockdale kid from UC because he is so versitle and does so many things for the team as in Top scorer and Rebounder..ahe can shoot the 3 ..he can post u up or he can settle for the 15 footer and his basketball smarts plays a big factor..he don't take many bad shots and I think his around 70% from the stripe..next would be the Bradford kid from Humboldt and then the Robinson kid from Greenfield..Hawks from SF is a good mention as well..all these kids are great players and good luck to all of them in the district tournys.

copenoc I am with you on that. I think we all agree that as an all around basketball player, offense, defense etc. Zay is the best player in the district but the MVP typically goes to a player off of the top 2 teams in the league. So I see a kid from UC or Humboldt/Greenfield getting it. Even though Zay has been the best player on the court when LC played anybody, with the exception of Hubbs at DC, but even then I felt Zay meant more to our team than he did to his team on that night. Was the same in football with Devon Jones not being MVP but the kid from Trenton getting it mainly b/c they were district champs. That the way it typically works and I have no problem with it. Just regret that Devon and Zay did not have more help around them this year to make for a better season but maybe we can pull an upset come tourney time and hang around for a while.

I saw Hawks play against UC and he did nothing..he hit one 3 and the begining of the game and taunted the student body of Uc and got T,,ED UP,...he has a crapy attitude toward the game..to me he is a nobody..jus another kid that likes to run his mouth..I think he may had ended up with 8 or ten points..every time he would score he would tell the next player about it..Hawks just keeo ur trap shut and u will be fine ok.

Don't have a horse in this race but I have seen Greenfield, Bradford, South Fulton and Union City play this year. The Hawks kid absolutely dismantled Greenfield at SF (had 33 points), Union City is the best overall team IMO but I would have to say Mr. Dependable and the heart and soul of his team is Tony Robinson. Does that mean he is MVP? I'm not sure but his team is one of the best in the district and he averages like 20 ppg so he should be in the mix.

I saw Hawks play against UC and he did nothing..he hit one 3 and the begining of the game and taunted the student body of Uc and got T,,ED UP,...he has a crapy attitude toward the game..to me he is a nobody..jus another kid that likes to run his mouth..I think he may had ended up with 8 or ten points..every time he would score he would tell the next player about it..Hawks just keeo ur trap shut and u will be fine ok.

Don't know the kid and I really don't know his attitude, but I do know the student body of UC don't mind taunting the opposing team. I think it's funny and I know it gets under the skin of the opposing teams, if it gets bad enough that a player gets a "T" then the kids have done their job. They can be really harsh at times so we probably shouldn't judge a kid after they got under his skin.