11-AA Thread

31ballfan

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy, I'll have to knock the cobwebs loose. Harpeth lost alot of pitching.

I'll say:

In some order at the top:

Camden

Montgomery Central

Creek Wood

Harpeth

Stewart County, Waverly and Cheatham bringing up the rear.

It's about time for Central to have one of their years. If Sycamore was in this district this year, they'd be my favorite to win it. The top 4 will be competitive with each other depending on pitching and defense.

Looking for Ethan Hurt to have a BIG year for the Indians and Newton and Baker as well.

Ready for some buttercups to bloom and it'll be baseball season!

Harpeth losing Presley and Foriest is going to be tough to replace on the bump. They do have lots of prospects but not proven in District play. Offense should be good with Hurt anchoring the lineup. Also looking for a big year out of Bryce Baker, has a lot of pop in his bat and solid at SS. Too many new and unknown players to tell at this point.

Returning Varsity players should help stabilize the newbies

ksgovols, I actually see buttercups popping up in the grass beside my work B)

Creek Wood has a young squad with not a whole lot of varsity experience, especially on the mound. A lot of talent, and several starting positions that will have to be earned here in the next couple of weeks. Just glad that baseball season is finally here!

Edited by putboobieincoach

Hey! I saw some buttercups this week too boobie. I love those first warm days this time of year around a baseball field and the smell of dirt, cut grass and Neetsfoot oil, but.......................the coldest my butt has ever been has been at middle school and high school baseball fields. Baseball husbands, don't know what to get your sweetie for Valentine's Day? Mine asked for portable propane heaters twice when my oldest was playing. I got her the Mr. Heater version that sits on top of a 10 gallon tank that put out alot of heat but was too big for her to take on the road. It stayed in the garage at the Rock mostly. By junior year she wanted an upgrade to the 1 gallon screw in tanks with the piezo igniter. About $80 at Bass Pro Shops and light enough for the missus to carry. Some of the best money I ever spent and lasts longer than the roses do.

Played in the snow when I was in high school. Columbia beat McGavock coming off one of their state championship years 1-0 back in 79. I got the save. A flock of geese tried to light on the field over there at Two Rivers. It was 22 degrees and snowing. Good pitching weather.

Harpeth Middle against Dickson Middle in 06. About the same conditions at Buckner and the all dirt infield was frozen. I had on long johns and sweat pants under those thin coaching pants and liked to have froze my tail off. The wife watched as long as she could from the bleachers before moving to the parking lot.

Harpeth at Montgomery Central in 09. The infamous game where Nathan Foriest threw a no hitter, struck out like 16 and lost 1-0 and Harpeth stranded men on 3rd at least 3 times. Hello! Suicide squeeze anyone? We were warming the bats up behind the bleachers with the Mr. Heaters and still busted 2. Gosh dang it was cold!

Enjoy your baseball season! I can guarantee you that I will be a fairweather fan at best. If the weather is fair, I might be there. If it's colder than kraut, I can promise you I won't. Good luck Indians!

Edited by ksgovols

My freshman year at tha Wood we had a game where we played varsity first, I was on jv so I stayed and watched the whole game bundled up in blankets. It started snowing in the 6th inning, and as soon as the game was over Coach Clapper walked over and said yeah we arent going to play the jv game. Talk about mixed emotions lol...

I think Waverly begins to show signs of being more competitive this year. Every starter is back, 5 or 6 of which were freshmen last year. They also added another senior pitcher and a transfer who is a sophomore. This is not to say they will compete for the district, but should be better. Only 2 seniors this year as well.

I think Waverly begins to show signs of being more competitive this year. Every starter is back, 5 or 6 of which were freshmen last year. They also added another senior pitcher and a transfer who is a sophomore. This is not to say they will compete for the district, but should be better. Only 2 seniors this year as well.

Rumor has it Waverly's basketball coach has "suggested" to basketball players they not play baseball. Any truth to this? Losing Spencer would be a loss for the baseball team. Who is the senior pitcher and where's the transfer from? Any new players and transfers can always help

I hope this is not the case. Most of the kids in 11AA are going Juco at most in baseball or basketball and to suggest to them that they shouldn't play as many high school sports as they can get away with is selfish. AA schools should be sharing their athletes to the greatest extent possible and helping each other's programs out and doing what's in the best interest of the kids.

This would surprise me a little. Summertown has one of the finest A baseball programs around.