D-II State Predictions

nashwrestling

106- Trey Chalifoux over Michael Murphy

113- Oliver over Westbrook

120- Elsea over Michael Eckhart

126- Hal Fisher over Nick Gray

132- Adam Connell over Mike Akers/Brandon Brunner...although Brunner has won every match up between the two this year, something tells me that Akers has a great shot at pulling off the upset. Most entertaining weight by far this year!

138- Patrick Cosgrove over Sutherland... a move that many did not see coming, Cosgrove dropping down and winning is something that will give FRHS a shot at pulling off an upset over CBHS

145-Mark Marchetti over Parrish

152- Baker over Kurtz in the first all Memphis state finals match I can remember

160- Hataway over Popp

170- Walthall over Parker

182- Clements over Hoodenpile

195- McOlgan over Garstin

220- Mason over Cook

285- Robertson over York

Team Predictions: I see the Purple Irish scoring a ton of points in the lighter weights... particularly from 106-145, but it not quite being enough to hold off the Purple Wave of Memphis. As much as I would love to see my Irish repeat as State Traditional Champions, it would take a lot this year. A lot of ground will have to be made up in the consolations and we would have to get some help along the way. Nevertheless, should make for an exciting weekend as always.

1. CBHS

2. THE Father Ryan High School

3. Baylor

4. McCallie

5. MBA

6. BA

7. St. Benedict

8. The field

Match of the tournament: Mike Akers-Brandon Brunner in Semis at 132

OW: Kaleb Baker

Coach of the Year: Chris Lewis

Rookie of the Year: Trey Chalifoux

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

106- Trey Chalifoux over Michael Murphy

113- Oliver over Westbrook

120- Elsea over Michael Eckhart

126- Hal Fisher over Nick Gray

132- Adam Connell over Mike Akers/Brandon Brunner...although Brunner has won every match up between the two this year, something tells me that Akers has a great shot at pulling off the upset. Most entertaining weight by far this year!

138- Patrick Cosgrove over Sutherland... a move that many did not see coming, Cosgrove dropping down and winning is something that will give FRHS a shot at pulling off an upset over CBHS

145-Mark Marchetti over Parrish

152- Baker over Kurtz in the first all Memphis state finals match I can remember

160- Hataway over Popp

170- Walthall over Parker

182- Clements over Hoodenpile

195- McOlgan over Garstin

220- Mason over Cook

285- Robertson over York

Team Predictions: I see the Purple Irish scoring a ton of points in the lighter weights... particularly from 106-145, but it not quite being enough to hold off the Purple Wave of Memphis. As much as I would love to see my Irish repeat as State Traditional Champions, it would take a lot this year. A lot of ground will have to be made up in the consolations and we would have to get some help along the way. Nevertheless, should make for an exciting weekend as always.

1. CBHS

2. THE Father Ryan High School

3. Baylor

4. McCallie

5. MBA

6. BA

7. St. Benedict

8. The field

Match of the tournament: Mike Akers-Brandon Brunner in Semis at 132

OW: Kaleb Baker

Coach of the Year: Chris Lewis

Rookie of the Year: Trey Chalifoux

I think that you forgot to consider Pierce Olson at 138. Dont see Cosgrove beating Sutherland or Olson depending on how the brackets work out.

I see Brunner over Akers in a close match and Connell over Brunner in the finals.

Oliver of CBHS is a solid wrestler and seems to be a fine young man and if Baker weren't on his way out could possible grab the honors of OW for the State Tournament!

I agree with the Chalifoux over Murphy.

106 Chalifoux (FRHS)

113 Oliver (CBHS)

120 Santi (CBHS)

126 Gray (CBHS)

132 Brunner (Baylor)

138 Olson (BGA)

145 Parrish (CBHS)

152 Baker (CBHS)

160 Hataway (CBHS)

170 Walthall (CBHS)

182 Clements (Baylor)

195 McOlgan (CBHS)

220 Mason (BA)

285 Robertson (MBA)

The intermat top 50 in the nation Brothers from Memphis flex their muscle this weekend displaying their prowess in DII TSSAA by winning in a blowout. I have Santi in an upset over Elsea of McCallie in the finals at 120, as well as Parrish beating Marchetti (if you consider that an upset), and Hataway reversing a 2 point defeat against Popp. CBHS has a TSSAA record of 8 state champions, and legitimate possibility of having 10 finalists (add Tisdale 106 & Armstrong 285)... I, myself am not a CBHS fan nor supporter, but I have not seen this dominate of a team in a LONG time. Best of luck to all the competitors this weekend!

This tournament will be a battle for second place. I see FRHS edging out Baylor, and McCallie/MBA 10-20 points behind that for 3rd/4th.

106 Chalifoux (FRHS)

113 Oliver (CBHS)

120 Santi (CBHS)

126 Gray (CBHS)

132 Brunner (Baylor)

138 Olson (BGA)

145 Parrish (CBHS)

152 Baker (CBHS)

160 Hataway (CBHS)

170 Walthall (CBHS)

182 Clements (Baylor)

195 McOlgan (CBHS)

220 Mason (BA)

285 Robertson (MBA)

The intermat top 50 in the nation Brothers from Memphis flex their muscle this weekend displaying their prowess in DII TSSAA by winning in a blowout. I have Santi in an upset over Elsea of McCallie in the finals at 120, as well as Parrish beating Marchetti (if you consider that an upset), and Hataway reversing a 2 point defeat against Popp. CBHS has a TSSAA record of 8 state champions, and legitimate possibility of having 10 finalists (add Tisdale 106 & Armstrong 285)... I, myself am not a CBHS fan nor supporter, but I have not seen this dominate of a team in a LONG time. Best of luck to all the competitors this weekend!

This tournament will be a battle for second place. I see FRHS edging out Baylor, and McCallie/MBA 10-20 points behind that for 3rd/4th.

Red Bank owns the record of most champs with 8 (10 finalists in 1963 .. CBHS can tie them

106 Chalifoux (FRHS)

113 Oliver (CBHS)

120 Santi (CBHS)

126 Gray (CBHS)

132 Brunner (Baylor)

138 Olson (BGA)

145 Parrish (CBHS)

152 Baker (CBHS)

160 Hataway (CBHS)

170 Walthall (CBHS)

182 Clements (Baylor)

195 McOlgan (CBHS)

220 Mason (BA)

285 Robertson (MBA)

I like the majority of your picks. I've not seen Parrish this season but I've seen Marchetti a couple times this season. I dont think that any beats Marchetti in his weight class or above or below his weight class but Kaleb Baker. Of course, Olson did give him a very good match in the Ryan finals only losing 5-3.

Edited by getreal2005

D2 prediction predict if wrestled D1 champ

106 Murphy win vs Navarro or cyree d1

113 Oliver win vs Debian d1 (these 2 good as any lb4lb in state)

120 Elsea lose vs Stevens or Stevenson d1

126 Gray win vs Dodgen d1 or any d1 this weight

132 Connell or win vs whoever wins d1... weak this yr

138 Sutherland win vs Langford d1

145 Marchetti loss vs Freeman d1

152 Baker *OW Win vs Dickerson d1 *OW of all classifications

160 Popp win vs Lopez d1

170 Parker lose vs Solomen d1

182 Clements lose vs Henry or West d1

195 McOlgran lose vs Boykin d1

220 Cook lose vs Satterfield or d1 runner up

285 Robertson lose to Bruno or podney d 1

and there you go ghouse...you know my predictions and my 2nd place as well in some weights for d 1

Edited by mfceo