TWF Individual Rankings & Predictions - TSSAA D1

coachknepper

Region 7 Champion at 138 lbs- JAKE SAHUTSKE FROM BEECH.

Not Badon

Your so easily talking about Jake losing to Badon. What about Badon losing to Gordon. And Cook??

Father Ryan Champ at 138 lbs is James Simpson who pinned Delgado from Hendersonville who a few hours ealier pinned Richard of Wilson Central. Richard placed 3rd.

By the way, to say that nobody has heard of Delgado from Hendersonville is doing him an injustice. He placed 2nd in his Region this past Saturday. I bet you Mr. Richard knows who he is.

Edited by facenthecrowd

Father Ryan Champ at 138 lbs is James Simpson who pinned Delgado from Hendersonville who a few hours ealier pinned Richard of Wilson Central. Richard placed 3rd.

By the way, to say that nobody has heard of Delgado from Hendersonville is doing him an injustice. He placed 2nd in his Region this past Saturday. I bet you Mr. Richard knows who he is.

What does that have to do with anything here?? And yes Delgato placed 2nd. He got his butt whooped by freshman Kaleb Rippy. But does that mean Rippy is better than Richard, Since Delgato beat Richard? No it doesnt. But that is a completely different subject than what we are talking about here! You are either lost or on the wrong topic

Edited by dca44

What does that have to do with anything here?? And yes Delgato placed 2nd. He got his butt whooped by freshman Kaleb Rippy. But does that mean Rippy is better than Richard, Since Delgato beat Richard? No it doesnt. But that is a completely different subject than what we are talking about here! You are either lost or on the wrong topic

Just like Richard got his butt whipped by Ezra from Cleveland. Ezra lost to Father Ryan's 126 lb wrestler. What this does mean is that Ezra whipped Richard. Delgado whipped Richard. That is what getting pinned is saying.

Not lost at all.

P.S. It was disrespectful to say nobody has heard of Delgado. I would be willing to bet there are many wrestlers and fans who know who he is.

Edited by facenthecrowd

Just like Richard got his butt whipped by Ezra from Cleveland. Ezra lost to Father Ryan's 126 lb wrestler. What this does mean is that Ezra whipped Richard. Delgado whipped Richard. That is what getting pinned is saying.

Not lost at all.

P.S. It was disrespectful to say nobody has heard of Delgado. I would be willing to bet there are many wrestlers and fans who know who he is.

And Rippy whooped Delgato. And Elan McCasland beat father ryans 126. What is your point?? That beating someone means your better than someone they beat? I know Mr. Delgato very well. I was making a point, trying to light a fire under the persons butt who assumed Simpson was better than Richard because of that match. Like i said before. You must be lost because thisnis a totally different topic. Nobody on here knows what your talking about because it is not under this topic. We were talking about coachkneppers picks. Not where austin richard placed at father ryan. And ps delgato most certainly did not whip richard. Richard was up 10-1 and made a mistake. You need to get your facts straight.

Edited by dca44

My reasoning for predicting the top-6 the way I did:

1) That is how is see them placing.

2) This is where from my coaching experience (17 years of middle school - college) I believe they will place.

I worded it 2 different ways just in case you didn't understand the first one.

I listed the 7-12 wrestlers to show the matches I was considering...you can trace them back through the bracket if you wish. These are the guys I think have a GREAT chance of placing...it all depends on their preparation for the tournament.

I will not sit here and degrade one wrestler or another. I happen to respect all of the wrestlers that you have mentioned over and over. On any given day, any man on the mat can win...period. Rankings do nothing to change that. It is still up to the individual to compete at a top level to achieve state placement.

In 2009, I watched a #1 seed at 125 in a National Tournament who was up 14-1 in the 3rd period get spladled and pinned by the #32 seed with 30 seconds to go. It happens. ANYTHING can happen.

Based on statistical analysis, in-depth research of individual matchups/records, and where I think each wrestler is (mentally/physically), I picked the way that I did. I picked 4 wrestlers from Beech to place at state from a team that just won Region 7. I don't think that is unreasonable.

I will give you an insight on how I chose the 285 match, which can obviously go either way but that has been dominated by Reagan the last 2 years (going 5-1 in head-to-head). It is very hard to beat a very good wrestler 3 let alone 4 times in a row, especially in very close matches, which the last ended 7-5 Reagan. I know both of these guys VERY well and love and respect their abilities and who they are as young men. They know me personally and know that it isn't a slight on their abilities that I picked one over the other. I went with my gut and chose Podany (THIS TIME).

Those that really know me know that I really don't care what you think about me or my opinion. I do, however, care deeply about the sport of wrestling, the competitors themselves, and the State of Tennessee and its wrestling community.

Please stop arguing about A beat B who beat C who beat A. The past is history and all that really matters is what these extraordinary athletes (by every standard) will display to us as fans, coaches, and fellow competitors over the next 3 days.

Edited by coachknepper

My reasoning for predicting the top-6 the way I did:

1) That is how is see them placing.

2) This is where from my coaching experience (17 years of middle school - college) I believe they will place.

I worded it 2 different ways just in case you didn't understand the first one.

I listed the 7-12 wrestlers to show the matches I was considering...you can trace them back through the bracket if you wish. These are the guys I think have a GREAT chance of placing...it all depends on their preparation for the tournament.

I will not sit here and degrade one wrestler or another. I happen to respect all of the wrestlers that you have mentioned over and over. On any given day, any man on the mat can win...period. Rankings do nothing to change that. It is still up to the individual to compete at a top level to achieve state placement.

In 2009, I watched a #1 seed at 125 in a National Tournament who was up 14-1 in the 3rd period get spladled and pinned by the #32 seed with 30 seconds to go. It happens. ANYTHING can happen.

Based on statistical analysis, in-depth research of individual matchups/records, and where I think each wrestler is (mentally/physically), I picked the way that I did. I picked 4 wrestlers from Beech to place at state from a team that just won Region 7. I don't think that is unreasonable.

I will give you an insight on how I chose the 285 match, which can obviously go either way but that has been dominated by Reagan the last 2 years (going 5-1 in head-to-head). It is very hard to beat a very good wrestler 3 let alone 4 times in a row, especially in very close matches, which the last ended 7-5 Reagan. I know both of these guys VERY well and love and respect their abilities and who they are as young men. They know me personally and know that it isn't a slight on their abilities that I picked one over the other. I went with my gut and chose Podany (THIS TIME).

Those that really know me know that I really don't care what you think about me or my opinion. I do, however, care deeply about the sport of wrestling, the competitors themselves, and the State of Tennessee and its wrestling community.

Please stop arguing about A beat B who beat C who bead A. The past is history and all that really matters is what these extraordinary athletes (by every standard) will display to us as fans, coaches, and fellow competitors over the next 3 days.

Well said