TWF Individual Rankings & Predictions - TSSAA D1

coachknepper

S/O to all the haters. Beech puts 6..let me say that again for yall, SIX, on the podium. And their first 2 state finalists. Sitting in 2nd 9 points ahead of Soddy. Congratulations coach Jeff Roberts. Best season in the programs history by far. Making history. Like coachknepper said, i guess they just are that good. Go Bucs!

Edited by dca44

Semifinal Prediction Accuracy (37 of 56 or 66.1%):

106: 2 of 4 (I had Cyree vs. Kieta / Navarro vs. Musa) Mullin & Knier

113: 2 of 4 (DeBien vs. Cerrito / Madut vs. Houser) Sumner & Lozano (guess I'm not really a Beech fan)

120: 3 of 4 (Stevens vs. Insalaco / Smith vs. Stevison) Hackett (Beech too...oops, may lose my honorary coaching badge)

126: 2 of 4 (Oliver vs. Russo / Shoemake vs. Dodgen) Ream & Mullin

132: 2 of 4 (Hamilton vs. Kazy / Blackwood vs. Small) Lemons & Treloar

138: 3 of 4 (Langford vs. Hamilton / Sahutske vs. Richard) Feuerbacher

145: 2 of 4 (Richmond vs. Rippy / Simpkins vs. Freeman) Croley & Coder

152: 3 of 4 (Dickerson vs. Hamilton / Bennett vs. Garrison) Giattino

160: 3 of 4 (Lopez vs. Reynolds / Sells vs. Leyva) Clark

170: 3 of 4 (Crane vs. Kennedy / Alexander vs. Solomon) Tucker

182: 3 of 4 (West vs. Davis / Wilson vs. Henry) Valentine

195: 3 of 4 (Boykin vs. Begley / Raulston vs. Shropshire) Bain

220: 3 of 4 (Satterfield vs. Shotts / Sullivan vs. Kramer) Baker

285: 3 of 4 (Reagan vs. Keeley / Podany vs. Wells) Leavell

State Placers Correct (57 of 84 or 67.9%):

106: 3 of 6 - Cyree, Musa (t-7th), Navarro, Crawford, Pelkey (t-7th), Kieta (t-9th)

113: 3 of 6 - DeBien, Madut, Cerrito (t-9th), Houser, Htoo (t-13th), Rose (t-13th)

120: 5 of 6 - Stevens, Stevison, Smith, Insalaco, Cox, Bromley (t-9th)

126: 3 of 6 - Oliver, Dodgen (t-7th), McCasland, Russo, Shoemake (t-13th), Armstrong (t-13th)

132: 4 of 6 - Hamilton, Small, Treloar, Blackwood, Hernandez (not in top 16), Kazy (not in top 16)

138: 4 of 6 - Langford, Richard, Taylor (t-7th), Williamson (not in top 16), Hamilton, Sahutske

145: 5 of 6 - Freeman, Richmond, Simpkins (t-13th), Rippy, Croley, Coder

152: 4 of 6 - Bennett, Dickerson, Russell (not in top 16), Garrison (t-7th), Warren, Hamilton

160: 4 of 6 - Lopez, Sells (t-13th), Solomon (t-9th), Reynolds, Leyva, Clark

170: 4 of 6 - Crane, Solomon, Kennedy, Rohrbaugh (t-7th), Alexander, Bennett (t-13th)

182: 4 of 6 - West, Henry, Davis, Wilson (t-7th), Valentine, Baltz (t-13th)

195: 3 of 6 - Boykin, Shropshire (t-9th), Raulston, Begley, Venuti (t-7th), Stukanov (t-13th)

220: 5 of 6 - Satterfield, Kramer, Shotts, Davis, Baker, Sullivan (t-13th)

285: 6 of 6 - Podany, Reagan, Leavell, Keeley, Wells, Evans

Finals Predictions Still in Play (bold was predicted Champion):

106: Cyree vs. Musa

113: DeBien vs. Madut

120: Stevens vs. Stevison

126: Oliver vs. Dodgen

132: Hamilton vs. Small

138: Langford vs. Richard

145: Richmond vs. Freeman

152: Dickerson vs. Bennett

160: Lopez vs. Sells

170: Crane vs. Solomon

182: West vs. Henry

195: Boykin vs. Shropshire

220: Satterfield vs. Kramer

285: Reagan vs. Podany

(20 of 28 finalists correct for a 71.4% rate)

Bray's Predictions (22 of 28 or 78.5% rate):

106 Cyree vs. Navarro

113 Debien vs. Madut

120 Stevens vs. Smith

126 Oliver vs. Dodgen

132 Hamilton vs. Treloar

138 Langford vs. Taylor

145 Freeman vs. Richmond

152 Dickerson vs. Bennett

160 Lopez vs. Sells

170 Solomon vs. Crane

182 West vs. Henry

195 Boykin vs. Raulston

220 Satterfield vs. Kramer

285 Reagan vs. Podany

Hamm's Predictions (19 of 28 or 67.9% rate):

106 Cyree vs. Navarro

113 Debien vs. Madut

120 Stevens vs. Stevison

126 Oliver vs. Dodgen

132 Hamilton vs. Blackwood

138 Langford vs. Taylor

145 Freeman vs. Richmond

152 Dickerson vs. Bennett

160 Lopez vs. Sells

170 Crane vs. Solomon

182 West vs. Henry

195 Boykin vs. Shropshire

220 Satterfield vs. Kramer

285 Reagan vs. Podany

Team Score Predictions (Current Rank)

1. Cleveland (#1) 4 Finalists

2. Soddy Daisy (#3) 2 Finalists

3. Wilson Central (#5) 2 Finalists

4. Ravenwood (#4) 2 Finalists

5. Beech (#2) 2 Finalists

6. Blackman (#14, 8 pts out of top-10) 0 Finalists

7. Walker Valley (#6) 2 Finalists

8. Clarksville (#7) 2 Finalists

9. Bradley Central (#8) 2 Finalists

10. Heritage (#9) 0 Finalists

only 2 teams out of predicted spot really with Beech higher (+3) and Blackman lower (-8)

Edited by coachknepper

I think you crossed a line when you purport yourself to be an expert and then proceed to handicap individual matches all the way through the entire tournament. If you want your favorites to make the finals, that is fine. But when you predict individual matches, from match one through infinity the kids see it and get a little bent about it. Then when you come back on here and talk about how well you did it is an insult to anyone with an understanding of statistics. One could have had a similar success at picking the semifinal matchups by choosing everyone who lives in Bradley County (Cleveland, Walker Valley, Bradley, and two from Notre Dame).

• Upvote 1

Please tell me where I have purported to be an expert? I am just tired of people running their mouth about those of us that put time and effort into doing these rankings and predictions with such words as "they don't know what they are talking about"

How else would you do predictions without picking individual matchups? If kids are getting bent out of shape, maybe they are concentrating on the wrong things? Rankings and predictions mean, as I have always "purported", nothing.

I think you crossed a line when you purport yourself to be an expert and then proceed to handicap individual matches all the way through the entire tournament. If you want your favorites to make the finals, that is fine. But when you predict individual matches, from match one through infinity the kids see it and get a little bent about it. Then when you come back on here and talk about how well you did it is an insult to anyone with an understanding of statistics. One could have had a similar success at picking the semifinal matchups by choosing everyone who lives in Bradley County (Cleveland, Walker Valley, Bradley, and two from Notre Dame).

+1 to you my man on the Bradley County observation.

Edited by JSamson7