GCA gets New Receivers coach

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Article II, Section 16.1 of the TSSAA By-Laws states,

"Children of full-time faculty members may be given financial aid, but such students, if transfers, shall be

ineligible for 12 months in any sport in which they have an athletic record for the previous or current year."

:o

Those kids are always given a hardship to play. I don't know why they are ruled ineligible. For example, Vic Wharton, 3 schools in 3 years and has not missed a game.

Don't see how any of this would meet the "Hardship" rules.

Section 24. Except for the eligibility rules in regard to age and to the number of semesters in school, the

Executive Director shall have the authority to set aside the effect of any eligibility rule upon an individual student when:

(a ) the circumstances causing the student to fail to satisfy the eligibility rule were unforeseen and unavoidable;

(b ) application of the rule to the student works an undue hardship in light of the unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances;

(c )application of the rule would not accomplish the purpose for which the rule was intended; and

(d ) in the case of a change of schools, the change is for reasons unrelated to participation in athletics.

The burden of establishing each of these elements to the Executive Director's satisfaction is upon the school at which eligibility is sought.

Maybe that's why the courts ruled that the T$$AA's records are subject to the open records laws, and the T$$AA has vowed to appeal that ruling. <_<

Edited by MountainTroll

i could understand if a kid's parents got divorced and they had to move or they lost their jobs or something like that? What i don't understand is this? If there is a hardship claim on this situation, How in the world could a Hardship qualify as going from a Public School to a High Dollar Private School? Now if a kids parents were in the vice-versa situation coming from a private school to a public school because one or both parents lost their jobs and couldn't afford it no more, that i could understand much better? Another thing i don't understand is why would a kid wait till their senior year to flop schools anyway? This situation has RED FLAGS written ALL over it but, it's ALL Rumors until something actually happens? To the GCA person claiming that their coach is paid rock bottom wages? That might actually be true but, when your coach is a Multi-Millionaire its just really hard for me or probably anybody else to feel very sorry about that situation! WORD UP!

i could understand if a kid's parents got divorced and they had to move or they lost their jobs or something like that? What i don't understand is this? If there is a hardship claim on this situation, How in the world could a Hardship qualify as going from a Public School to a High Dollar Private School? Now if a kids parents were in the vice-versa situation coming from a private school to a public school because one or both parents lost their jobs and couldn't afford it no more, that i could understand much better? Another thing i don't understand is why would a kid wait till their senior year to flop schools anyway? This situation has RED FLAGS written ALL over it but, it's ALL Rumors until something actually happens? To the GCA person claiming that their coach is paid rock bottom wages? That might actually be true but, when your coach is a Multi-Millionaire its just really hard for me or probably anybody else to feel very sorry about that situation! WORD UP!

look i get it you do not like randy. i thought the conversation was about what the assistant supplements were at gca and if it would be enough to cover his sons tuition it will not. now lets talk about red flags you are a gca parent your son plays receiver and so does the new kid if it is so easy and you are so unhappy pull him out and go somewhere else! PEACE OUT!

mr black will be a assitant coach only. he probably will be a paid assitant and receive a coaching supplement. the supplement at grace are very low from what i understand as far as paid coaches i would say they are one of the lowest in the state.

Lowest in the state!! I doubt it! I know several small county public schools whose Head coach supplement works out to less than 1,500$ per YEAR and whose assistants are less than 800$ per year. Usually publics are only allowed to pay 3 assts. any more coaches than that are doin it for free. I dont know what GCA pays their coaches but if they can buy all the fancy facilities and buildings they have I'm sure they can pay their coaches way more than what most get!

Lowest in the state!! I doubt it! I know several small county public schools whose Head coach supplement works out to less than 1,500$ per YEAR and whose assistants are less than 800$ per year. Usually publics are only allowed to pay 3 assts. any more coaches than that are doin it for free. I dont know what GCA pays their coaches but if they can buy all the fancy facilities and buildings they have I'm sure they can pay their coaches way more than what most get!

most of these are regulated by there county what schools are you talking about and i will look them up gca started out at 1500 for the first four years i think. i would think that would be on the lower end of the pay scale considering knox,anderson,roane,blount

GCA your Friggen Idiot and u better be carful who your sweatin on here cuz y'all cheatin like yalls always do ain't nuttin gone chang y'all ain't Neva goin be like da falcons an neva will u jus sum stupid rich Bouy whos has no skills dis prob da coch son Smh

you post something like this and im the idiot .... well im fine being the idiot. how many accounts do you have anyway? yes gca cheated and paid for it. does that make everyone there a cheater no it does not just like if someone steals something from where you work i guess that makes everyone there a theif. i do not know maybe i am crazy but that seems ridiculous.

Wow I never thought i would see the day that somebody from this school would actually fess up and admitt that they actually cheated. ((((((((((((soaking this monumental moment in))))))))))))) now lets get down to business cheater

You obviously think I'm somebody else?

If I had a kid I promise he or she would never waste their careers so,I guess your school would be out of the question unless we could get one of those special deals you all offer like sweeping the gym floors and getting a 10 thousand dollar supplement you call it? Bahahahaha i just hope everyone isn't like you GCA or this school would be in serious trouble No Doubt and thanks for the info i didn't know this kid was a wide receiver? Humm dads a wide receivers coach Hummm this is all making sense now.