Sweetwater's non-region schedule effects

thriller

this years game could have easily been 30-7 but two fumbles on the 1 and 2 yard lines kept it from that and the fumbles werent even caused one was a faulty exchange and one was just simply dropped !! the saftey could have been a td also so 35-7 ;)

[Edited by CIZZLE on 10-29-02 5:55P]

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by swamp:

Ummmmmmmmmm, we're getting way ahead of ourselves putting Sweetwater in the championship game against Milan/Huntingdon aren't we? Aren't we forgetting Tyner, Goodpasture, Lipscomb in the east and the region 5 and 6 teams in the west?

where did you gather the information that lead you to believe that i made any such prediction? if you'll look again, i merely asked if the strength of non-regional schedules, or lack there of, would have bearing on the afore-mentioned teams' playoff runs. i chose to use sweetwater since there are many posts on here about their undefeated season. i used huntingdon and milan as examples b/c i am from west tn and am familiar with their programs, and i have knowledge of the caliber teams that they play, and many times beat, year in and year out. furthermore, huntingdon is the only legitimate contender from region 6 as far as a state championship is concerned. let me say, that i have much respect for the other teams in region 6, especially riverside, but i don't percieve them as having realistic shots at a championship this year. the same goes for region 5 this year. i respect them all, and i know that lewis co. is consistently atop its region plus waverly is doing an awesome job this year, but in my humble opinion neither team will go past the quarterfinals this particular year. and in closing, if i'm not mistaking, those 3 schools spoken of are all private institutions, and will therefore always be considered championship hopefuls, b/c of just that--they are private schools in a public division.

[Edited by thriller on 10-30-02 1:04A]

I wasn't singling you out. The thread just seemed headed that direction.

And, no, Tyner isn't private.

Posted by thriller:
Posted by swamp:

Ummmmmmmmmm, we're getting way ahead of ourselves putting Sweetwater in the championship game against Milan/Huntingdon aren't we? Aren't we forgetting Tyner, Goodpasture, Lipscomb in the east and the region 5 and 6 teams in the west?

where did you gather the information that lead you to believe that i made any such prediction? if you'll look again, i merely asked if the strength of non-regional schedules, or lack there of, would have bearing on the afore-mentioned teams' playoff runs. i chose to use sweetwater since there are many posts on here about their undefeated season. i used huntingdon and milan as examples b/c i am from west tn and am familiar with their programs, and i have knowledge of the caliber teams that they play, and many times beat, year in and year out. furthermore, huntingdon is the only legitimate contender from region 6 as far as a state championship is concerned. let me say, that i have much respect for the other teams in region 6, especially riverside, but i don't percieve them as having realistic shots at a championship this year. the same goes for region 5 this year. i respect them all, and i know that lewis co. is consistently atop its region plus waverly is doing an awesome job this year, but in my humble opinion neither team will go past the quarterfinals this particular year. and in closing, if i'm not mistaking, those 3 schools spoken of are all private institutions, and will therefore always be considered championship hopefuls, b/c of just that--they are private schools in a public division.

[Edited by thriller on 10-30-02 1:04A]

JUST IN CASE YOUR MEMORY IS BAD I DO BELIEVE THAT OS HAD THE BALL INSIDE THE 30 PROBLY 5 OR TIMES ALSO WE HAD IT INSIDE THE 20 3 TIMES SO YOU FUMBLED AND WE GAVE UP BIG SACKS THE NEXT GAME WILL BE A MUCH BETTER DISPLAY I HOPE. OHH BY THE WAY DO YOU NOT REMEBER THAT LONG PASS THAT WAS PICKED OFF THEN YOUR RECIEVER MADE A GOOD PLAY AND GOT THE BALL BACK. THAT WONT HAPPEN AGAIN I PROMISE. SWEETWATER WILL LOSE BAD TO THE FIRST TEAM THAT IS A PASSING TEAM. THEY HAVE TO SEND EVERYONE EVERY PLAY TO BE A SOMEWHAT EFFECTIVE DEF. SWEETWATER WILL NOT BE PLAYING AT MTSU I PROMISE. 3RD ROUND IC COMING.

Oliver Springs has got to be the worst losers I have ever heard of. If Oliver Springs is so good then they will show it in the playoffs, because their season stunk at 5 - 4 and they might get beat by Wartburg. Sweetwater is going to finish 10 - 0 and region champion and all your talk doesn't tarnish that one bit. Sweetwater now has to go out and win every week or they go home. There are some very fine teams in the 2A race and Sweetwater is one of them with a good chance to bring it all home, but the rest are going to also try to bring it all home. The last team standing bring home the golden football. Go Cats :(

Yes, OS is 5-4, but OS has played a much tougher schedule than Sweetwater. Has has lost to Smith Co. by 14, Kingston by 3, and Boyd by 17. Those three teams are much better than Heritiage, Loudon, Tellico Plains, or Coffee Co. could ever dream of being. I still say that Smith Co. is the best team OS has seen all year. You guys need to play some competition, then see if you come out 10-0.