Region 7A tournament

chipper_jones_4mvp

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All 14A teams won setting up a SF and Humboldt and UC and LC semifinal at Humboldt Monday night.

If UC plays Monday night like they did tonight their season will end with a resounding loss to the Falcons. Not going to single anyone out, but we have players giving little effort and some of the same who have no interest in rebounding or going after loose balls. etc...

Why would.Humboldt get Sf? Would they not play the four seed which is.lake.county

Not sure its much difference in the 4 teams.Lake Co did defeat Humboldt once and lost two close games to Humboldt after falling way behind.Humboldt just beat UC and South Fulton took UC to overtime..And Lake Co did go to Greenfield with the season on the line and beat the number 2 seed that finished ahead of Humboldt.Also beat the top seeded team in the other district ,McKenzie by about 13 points at McKenzie last night..If Lake Co keeps Devon Jones and Zay Coleman out of foul trouble and the officials let the teams play they are as good as any of the teams.Devon had a very good game last night agaiinst McKenzie.He had his way against the Rebels down low and scored a lot of points on stick backs and easy baskets .UC isnt a big team but has very good shooters.I look for Devon to stay down low and hopefully has a great game.Also remember besides the Greenfield and McKenzie wins,they also beat Middleton at Middleton and a Liberty team that just beat Jackson Southside for the Double a district title.If that Lake co team shows up,can be a very tough opponent.And with the season on the line,i expect a great effort..

Bigster u couldn't had been more rght man..I saw saw The Lc and Liberty game and LC looked really good!.Nobody in single a woulda beat them that night..Zay played flawless, but haven't seen it since..If Union City plays the way they did Monday night the Tornadoes season will end because I thought Hunnington was not tha good at all..They almost got snake bit!!..But the refs were also pitifull letting Hunnington walk all over the floor all night..UC played good D but its hard to defend when the refs allow 3 or 4 steps in the paint and changing piviot foots and ect..I heard the lead offical lived n Humboldt..Imagine that!..but on a good note UC was able ta beat 8 and play on another day against Falcon nation..Good luck to UC, they will need it the way they played Monday night!

Bigster u couldn't had been more rght man..I saw saw The Lc and Liberty game and LC looked really good!.Nobody in single a woulda beat them that night..Zay played flawless, but haven't seen it since..If Union City plays the way they did Monday night the Tornadoes season will end because I thought Hunnington was not tha good at all..They almost got snake bit!!..But the refs were also pitifull letting Hunnington walk all over the floor all night..UC played good D but its hard to defend when the refs allow 3 or 4 steps in the paint and changing piviot foots and ect..I heard the lead offical lived n Humboldt..Imagine that!..but on a good note UC was able ta beat 8 and play on another day against Falcon nation..Good luck to UC, they will need it the way they played Monday night!

Sometimes teams have those kind of games for some reason.just have to find a way to win and UC did that.Bet the Huntingdon were thinking furing the Uc game that if UC won the district and is the number 2 seed then I pity poor Lake Co and Greenfield playing higher seeded teams in their district.lol..UC has the best shooting team in the district so hopefully they wont be on fire.at the same time,not as big as Humboldt so for Lake Co to win,have to keep zay and Devon out of foul trouble and try to pound the ball down low to Devon when they can and when not,have Zay do his magic,Lake Co has to lay it all on the line and really get after it and not take a play off and lose the loose ball battle.Same for both teams or the season is over.Doesnt matter what the teams have done before.If a close game and comes to fouls,as soon as Lewis touches the ball,have to foul him.He may hit them but seems to be the weakest and on a neutral court.I think it's going to be a great game.Hopefully Zay and Devon doesnt reach or at least the first half maybe use their heads on defense and also Zay has to realize when he drives,UC is going to step in and going to give him a layup and take a charge.He has to slide around and take the layup or pull up and pass to devon down low.I think, that is going to be a key.Union City is probably going to give Zay the layups unless in a zone and tell their players to take a charge..Coach B maybe needs to talk to the officials before the game to make sure they are set and not get over at the last second..lol..Sometimes maybe can put something in an officials mind before the game.I really think a lot of coaches did that when T.T, was playing for the girls team and had a lot of bogus charge calls,Think a lot of times,she has a foul as soon as she got off the bus and before the game started.Can just about guarantee,Coach Cisco is going to tell the officials before the game that Zay is going to drive and look for a charge.Would think coach B will do the same and ask them to watch for the step in and still moving.

Edited by mrbigster

If Lake Co can keep Devon Jones and Zay out of foul trouble,going with LC by 4 points.Just think Devon can have his way down dow on rebounds and under the basket if he really makes up his mind to come ready and not let UC get the rebounds.Just hope Kimble stays home on defense and doesnt let the qucker UC player beat him for an easy basket.He needs to use his weight and keep them out or LC may have to go with a smaller quicker players UC isn't as big or physical as Humboldt.Just have better shooters.

Edited by mrbigster

Humboldt needs to continue to play team defense because that's the key to them winning. Also, need to pound the ball down low & stop taking all those three's, utilize there size & length and play with emotions!

The Vikings are playing well.Think Humboldt has the size and talent while UC has the shooters.The humboldt defense plays a zone against Lake co and their size is hard to go against but also the guard,believe turner has hurt Lake co.against Uc he couldnt hit anything.against LC he coulnt miss.. UC has the shooters that can take Humboldt out of the zone.Lake co doesnt have to worry about the size of UC but just play good defense and hope UC isnt lighting it up.I'm thinking if Lake co plays hard,and keep Devon out of foul trouble,he should be able to take advantage of UC down low.And Zay coleman against Simpson,Hyde etc will be a good matchup..

The Vikings are playing well.Think Humboldt has the size and talent while UC has the shooters.The humboldt defense plays a zone against Lake co and their size is hard to go against but also the guard,believe turner has hurt Lake co.against Uc he couldnt hit anything.against LC he coulnt miss.. UC has the shooters that can take Humboldt out of the zone.Lake co doesnt have to worry about the size of UC but just play good defense and hope UC isnt lighting it up.I'm thinking if Lake co plays hard,and keep Devon out of foul trouble,he should be able to take advantage of UC down low.And Zay coleman against Simpson,Hyde etc will be a good matchup..

I wished Humboldt was discipline to play man defense because they have size & quickness and they wouldn't give up all those there's in that zone. Zone is good sometimes but it can hurt you with a good passing/shooting team! I rather you get beat on a layup playing man then give a lot of threes playing a zone. Humboldt is starting all juniors & needs to play team defense & offense because teams are keying on Bradford but if they play like they are capable they will be hard to beat! Bradford has been playing great since the start of the tournaments & hopefully can continue because he will see a lot of double teams & will have to make good decisions!!!