Region 7A tournament

chipper_jones_4mvp

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Union City, you are playing well and everyone has stepped up their game. I never thought you would be this good without Amber. We are proud of our Greenfield teams, its been fun to watch you this year.

I agree.UC is going to be tough to beat no matter who they play because of their size.Looked to me like Greenfirld went in last night with a plan to hold the ball and pass it around and not take a shot unless maybe a layup.and to minimize the Union city touches.Fell behind about 9-2 and then hit a couple three's and were back in the game.From then on was all UC.Greenfield looked like they really wasnt wanting to shoot sometimes,but shot when maybe they thought they had to.Several times had some shots but passed up on the shot.Congrats to UC on the win and Greenfield on a great year with a young team.Unfortunately like the young Falcons and Greenfield,Union city is going to be a lot better next year,

Edited by mrbigster

I thought Lake Co would beat South Fulton as long as they stopped number 2 and Cross.Thought wiggins did a good job with Cross the first half,made her work for the points she scored.Thought Lake Co got some terrible calls during the game with the bald headed and the woman official.The bald guy has always seem to call against Lake Co in the region.hopefully we get the three that did the Union City game for our boys game and in the girls championship.Thought Lake Co had the game in hand when they were up by about 10 points but we let Cross score about 6 points in a row,knowing she was going to get the ball,Cant believe we couldnt front her and keep her from getting the ball or at least when they screened for her to get the ball,pick her up with another player and double team her.Also number 2 hit a long three ball when they were down by 5 or 6 with a couple minutes left and looked like she just threw tha ball toward the goal and went in.Was a big shot at the time.But LC goes up by 5 with just over a minute left and had the ball on a break and shamon goes in and makes the shot to supposedly go up by 7 but is called for a charge.I thought it was a bad call but still with a 5 point lead and the ball,knowing SF was going to have to foul,maybe best to pull the ball out.Even if the team can't hear Coach could have called a timeout himself to one of the officials.

Edited by mrbigster

Now for UC.Going to be a tough game but I did see a kink in their armour last night.Noticed last night that Raven Fair missed just about every shot from outside last night and a couple times over shot the rim completely.Seems like when Lake Co has played UC,she has hit everything.So maybe pack it in with a 3-2 zone and lay off her somewhat to see what she does.Also maybe make #11 shoot outside and hope she misses.Pick your poison.Either hope they are missing or let UC tear LC up under the basket.Number 33 looked to be a good shooter off the bench but not as quick as Fair.LC has to make good passes.Fair intercepted several passes with her long arms guarding her man at the guerd spot..also notice one other thing that if I were a coach,would be talking to before the game.Use to see the UC talk to the officials before the game when T.T, played for LC.About Hudson and Reddy charging.Especially Reedy.When reedy makes her mind to go the basket,she looks like a football player sometimes and goes dares someone to step in front of her.LC has to take that charge...If they are afraid or moves,she is going to make a layup.Also have to stay in front of Hudson and make her take that short jumper.Thought Reedy got away with a couple last night.and also tell the official when Reedy is guarded tightly,to watch her pushing off her with other hand..She's a bigger player than most girls guarding her and maybe our little girls need to really fall back and it looks like Reedy gets away with some things..

Edited by mrbigster

You know, anything is possible but I just don't see LC winning at Union City....And BTW....As far as this league being down,it is somewhat, but Union City has played a real tough schedule and is really tough team...Beating Westview twice..Playing a 25-5 3A Munford bunch to a 1 pt game and then losing to #1 ranked Ensworth by 4pts...Who beat the almighty Jackson County and Clarkrange by 49 pts (JC by 29 and CR by 20) combined....Come on G'fieldfan, give it up to UC and quit prefacing your posts by "the league is down this year."........

Good thing the league is down....Couldn't be that UC has a real good team....46-16 ?...Really ?...

The league is down but UC does have a very good team.Just think what they could be with Fair.Still have a chance to win it all in my opinion because if they do get in foul trouble,can still put in 33 to help at the gueard spot and have about 3 more big girls they can play under the basket.

You know, anything is possible but I just don't see LC winning at Union City....And BTW....As far as this league being down,it is somewhat, but Union City has played a real tough schedule and is really tough team...Beating Westview twice..Playing a 25-5 3A Munford bunch to a 1 pt game and then losing to #1 ranked Ensworth by 4pts...Who beat the almighty Jackson County and Clarkrange by 49 pts (JC by 29 and CR by 20) combined....Come on G'fieldfan, give it up to UC and quit prefacing your posts by "the league is down this year."........

No doubt UC will be hard to beat but they still dont have that great guard.Have some good young guards that so far are playing well enough to not lose