Who ya got? 13 AA again. Dyersburg/Cov., Obion/Westview

pioneer42

This is the first time Covington will be in Murfreesboro.... don't expect your same Covington team to show up that's been running through this district. Nerves will be a huge factor and so you know, this Martin Westview team has the experience of playing in Murfreesboro. This won't be anything new to them.

And you do realize that Westview has beaten Covington this year too, right?

GCPioneer please tell me who on this Martin Westview team has played in a game in Murfreesboro. The last time Westview was in MBoro was in 2010 when all their current starters were freshman. I doubt they got any experience that year. Just saying. Yes, they are well coached, but they have no experience playing in the state tournament.

I also think Covington has a better chance at state because I feel that Covington plays a cleaner game than Westview. Westview plays to "dirty" for lack of other words.

Edited by Durrrin

It would be different if Covington had not already beaten Westview a couple of times this year, but to blame this loss on officials is idiotic.

How many baskeball games have you seen in your life where one team doen't have a foul for almost 3 quarters? I have been to basketball games for 40 years and I can't remember 1 in my life where 1 quarter has went by without both teams having fouls called much less almost 3. I think for anyone to think this is normal officiating is idiotic.

GCPioneer please tell me who on this Martin Westview team has played in a game in Murfreesboro. The last time Westview was in MBoro was in 2010 when all their current starters were freshman. I doubt they got any experience that year. Just saying. Yes, they are well coached, but they have no experience playing in the state tournament.

I also think Covington has a better chance at state because I feel that Covington plays a cleaner game than Westview. Westview plays to "dirty" for lack of other words.

Both Lahew girls seen action in two games in 2010. I don't know about Vincent, but being there once is better than none. And not only did they play in the Final Four in 2010, they played in the Final Four in 2009 as well. I will assure you Westview will not be intimidated in the Glass House. You say Westview plays to "dirty" and Covington plays clean. I find it just the opposite. Covington bumps and grinds and pushes and shoves all night. Covington shot the ball well last night, but we will see what they can do in the big house.

How many baskeball games have you seen in your life where one team doen't have a foul for almost 3 quarters? I have been to basketball games for 40 years and I can't remember 1 in my life where 1 quarter has went by without both teams having fouls called much less almost 3. I think for anyone to think this is normal officiating is idiotic.

I did not say this was normal or abnormal. I simply said that the officiating was not the primary reason why Westview lost to Covington for what the 3rd time this year? Its not like Westview has multiple wins against Covington, if I recall they only have 1 win against the Chargers.

Cleaner!?!?! Are you serious? Westview is much more fundamental. Both teams are extremely well-coached, but Covington is nothing more than organized street ball. Yea, they win alot of games, but if a team gets smart and packs down into a 2-3 zone with everyone in the paint and let Covington shoot, they can be beat. In the games I've seen, Covington has not shot the three ball well at all. They have quick athletic guards and big athletic post, but if they win state Ill be extremely surprised. A team similar to Westview with more depth can beat Covington. And Westviews players have been on the floor in the Murphy Center before... It may not seem like a big deal, but it is a big deal. I know when Gibson made it during Butlers sophomore year they were so shell shocked because they had never been there before.... The next year they went when they had that experience, we were the best team in Murfreesboro. Experience of being there is a huge factor....

Im pretty sure if Covington wasnt intimidated the first 4 times they met that they wont be intimidated if they meet again. Both of them have to make it to the boro first.

Both teams will make it... You don't need to worry about Westview as you guys will be in opposite sides of the bracket in Murfreesboro. You might want to watch out for McMinn, Macon, Livingston and teams like that.

Im pretty sure if Covington wasnt intimidated the first 4 times they met that they wont be intimidated if they meet again. Both of them have to make it to the boro first.

Your exactly right. Westview got beat last night and Westview and Covington have work to do to get to the Boro. Look, Covington is a great team and well coached. All I am saying is they don't need any help. I am not saying it was the ultimate reason for the Westview loss, but for the officials to go 2.5 quarters without calling a foul helped pave the way for Covington. Reechus alone got knocked to the floor 4 times in the first half and no call. Westview give the refs a standing ovation when they finally called a foul on Covington with 3 minutes in the 3rd.

Cleaner!?!?! Are you serious? Westview is much more fundamental. Both teams are extremely well-coached, but Covington is nothing more than organized street ball. Yea, they win alot of games, but if a team gets smart and packs down into a 2-3 zone with everyone in the paint and let Covington shoot, they can be beat. In the games I've seen, Covington has not shot the three ball well at all. They have quick athletic guards and big athletic post, but if they win state Ill be extremely surprised. A team similar to Westview with more depth can beat Covington. And Westviews players have been on the floor in the Murphy Center before... It may not seem like a big deal, but it is a big deal. I know when Gibson made it during Butlers sophomore year they were so shell shocked because they had never been there before.... The next year they went when they had that experience, we were the best team in Murfreesboro. Experience of being there is a huge factor....

Yes. Cleaner. When OC played Westview the last two times. Westview's Vincent was literally holding Brandi Goodman's arms down. She was hooking her the entire game and pushing her in the back the whole game. This will definitely not fly at the Boro. That is why OC did so well at the Boro last year because they play clean ball. This is exactly why I think Covington will be better at the Boro because there is a difference between playing physical and playing dirty. Westview crosses this line, Covington doesn't. But that's just my opinion.

neither team plays dirty. westview has to be more physical to make up for lack of size. the person who stated something about organized street ball i hate to tell you this but that is the game today i am sorry that the 1970s are gone. both teams have a chance in the boro to meet just a contrast in styles. the officials were fine the other night better team won that night just give credit to covington but next wednesday nothing else matters.

Yes. Cleaner. When OC played Westview the last two times. Westview's Vincent was literally holding Brandi Goodman's arms down. She was hooking her the entire game and pushing her in the back the whole game. This will definitely not fly at the Boro. That is why OC did so well at the Boro last year because they play clean ball. This is exactly why I think Covington will be better at the Boro because there is a difference between playing physical and playing dirty. Westview crosses this line, Covington doesn't. But that's just my opinion.

LOL, Gibson Co. is as big of rivals with Westview as Obion Co. is... I've never seen Westview play dirty. Yes, they play hard and may knock someone down, but it's basketball people! Usually, the more physical teams win.... Gibson Co.'s best teams have always been extremely physical teams. Go watch a college game and see how physical it is.

And as for today's game being organized street ball...you're EXTREMELY wrong! Maybe on the guys side, but not on the womens side. Yes, organized street ball is fun to watch, but I'd take a fundamental, hard nosed, willing to lay it all on the line type of team 7 days a week if I had planned on winning a championship. Maybe organized street ball is the norm for some teams, but I've been going to the state tournaments for several years now and very rarely do organized street ball teams win it all. I'm talking on the womens side of basketball.... mens may be different.