Elizabethton vs South Greene/Happy Valley vs Grainger

grassroots176

No arguments with anything you said, except for the part about your coach. He is a jerk. I know, I know he's your jerk and he wins and you love him. He's had great success, but he's also benefitted from having great players always come through his system. Funny how last year when the going was a little rough for the girls, the saintly man that he is, abandoned the girls and walked away from them mid season to take over the boys team that he felt would give him a better chance to win. Then when the greatest coach to ever live, got upset in the first round of the district boys tourney by a team that had no business beating them, he decided he would go back and coach the girls again. There's a right way to win and a wrong way. He typically chooses the latter. But you guys are the only one in the area that will defend him. No one may come forward publicly, but I know that the majority of schools, fans, and other coaches in the area feel exactly the same way about him as we do. It is what is, you won't change my mind or anyone elses for that matter. He's done too much over the years to go back now.

It would pay you to get your facts straight before you speak. Coach Dugger did NOT willingly go to the boys team (not at mid-season, but after only a few games). He was removed as girls coach by the superintendant because he felt the boys needed stability and the girls would be fine with the AD, who was a former coach. This was done against Dugger's will and he was told at the time that at the end of the season he would be allowed to return to the girls if he desired, which he did. This is fact and documented in the Elizabethton Star if you wish to read the archives online. If you want to bash anyone over this move, then that would be Superindentant of Schools, Ed Alexander, not Dugger. We were surprised because he actually gave Dugger the choice after the season, but he did and the girls got Dugger back and the boys got a very good choice in their new head coach.

Your an idiot! Anyone that would resort to calling high school girls names or making fun of their size need not talk about anyone elses language or conduct. I have consistantly praised your girls and your team for their play and their conduct. My only problem with your school is your fans like you and your coach And you did say that our coach did not shake hands. I said that he was a bigger man than me for being able to do it, because I could not have. Get your story straight.

AWW poor things, you people can call our coach everything in the book and your student section can act like a foul mouth bunch of punks, (it was worst in the Happy Valley game because they did not have anything to cheer about against Elizabethton), but say one word about your tubby little players and everyone gets their panties in a wadd...Good.

Edited by CyclonePrider

It would pay you to get your facts straight before you speak. Coach Dugger did NOT willingly go to the boys team (not at mid-season, but after only a few games). He was removed as girls coach by the superintendant because he felt the boys needed stability and the girls would be fine with the AD, who was a former coach. This was done against Dugger's will and he was told at the time that at the end of the season he would be allowed to return to the girls if he desired, which he did. This is fact and documented in the Elizabethton Star if you wish to read the archives online. If you want to bash anyone over this move, then that would be Superindentant of Schools, Ed Alexander, not Dugger. We were surprised because he actually gave Dugger the choice after the season, but he did and the girls got Dugger back and the boys got a very good choice in their new head coach.

I'm sorry if I choose not to believe that story. I take that for what it is, a big line of BS. That's a fabricated PR story to cover his backside and save face with the public. Someone who has been in it as long as Dugger isn't forced to do anything against his will. I'm sure they drug him kicking and screaming all the way to the boys locker room and threw him inside and said you must coach the boys or you will be terminated. If he hadn't wanted to do it, he could've said no. What were they going to do? Fire him because he didn't want to abandon his team in the middle of the season to take over another? I'm sure that one would've really held up in court if he had wanted to sue them for wrongful termination. Give me a break, they made him! Lol. That's hilarious! They can't make him do anything. He can write his own ticket he's been there so long. He jumped around to save himself from getting some beatings stuck back to him that he delivered the year before with his all-star squad, Period! His ego couldn't handle a down year that most high school coaches have to endure from time to time. You should feel silly for even believing anything differently. Lol. That's a good one though. Lol.

AWW poor things, you people can call our coach everything in the book and your student section can act like a foul mouth bunch of punks, (it was worst in the Happy Valley game because they did not have anything to cheer about against Elizabethton), but say one word about your tubby little players and everyone gets their panties in a wadd...Good.

It's a little different talking about a grown man's lack of class and conduct vs. talking about a group of teenage girls body size. Dugger is a jerk, he's a grown man, he should know better. You're a jerk, you should know better. Talk about me, call me names, talk about our fans and call them names, I don't care about any of that. I'm entitled to my opinion about the actions of your coach as you're entitled to your opinion about me or our fans. But, leave the players and their body types out of it. That's just sleezy, low class, gutter garbage. If you want to call grown folks names, be my guest. If you want to call me names, get in line and take a number, you won't be the first or the last to do so. But leave kids out of it. That's all. Surely, that's something that you and your IQ can comprehend. lol.

I've got this little puff of wind figured out. We need to stop arguing with him. He's "special". After a little digging, I've discovered that he was pretty much born on the short bus and is a little behind. It's not acceptable to argue with people like him since they can't think as quickly and as educated as the rest of us. My apologies for stepping over the line. Hope his parents aren't upset. Evidently the teachers in the "special class" at EHS are doing the best they can with this one. Post on you "special little wind". You are making some of your fans look worse and worse.

It's a little different talking about a grown man's lack of class and conduct vs. talking about a group of teenage girls body size. Dugger is a jerk, he's a grown man, he should know better. You're a jerk, you should know better. Talk about me, call me names, talk about our fans and call them names, I don't care about any of that. I'm entitled to my opinion about the actions of your coach as you're entitled to your opinion about me or our fans. But, leave the players and their body types out of it. That's just sleezy, low class, gutter garbage. If you want to call grown folks names, be my guest. If you want to call me names, get in line and take a number, you won't be the first or the last to do so. But leave kids out of it. That's all. Surely, that's something that you and your IQ can comprehend. lol.

Good post hoopster!

I'm sorry if I choose not to believe that story. I take that for what it is, a big line of BS. That's a fabricated PR story to cover his backside and save face with the public. Someone who has been in it as long as Dugger isn't forced to do anything against his will. I'm sure they drug him kicking and screaming all the way to the boys locker room and threw him inside and said you must coach the boys or you will be terminated. If he hadn't wanted to do it, he could've said no. What were they going to do? Fire him because he didn't want to abandon his team in the middle of the season to take over another? I'm sure that one would've really held up in court if he had wanted to sue them for wrongful termination. Give me a break, they made him! Lol. That's hilarious! They can't make him do anything. He can write his own ticket he's been there so long. He jumped around to save himself from getting some beatings stuck back to him that he delivered the year before with his all-star squad, Period! His ego couldn't handle a down year that most high school coaches have to endure from time to time. You should feel silly for even believing anything differently. Lol. That's a good one though. Lol.

NOT middle of season, they only played 4 games.

Update: Gordon out, Dugger in as Elizabethton boys basketball coach

Updated December 9, 2011 12:15 AM

By Douglas Fritz - Press Sports Writer

email.pngfacebook.pngtwitter.png

TonyGordon120811.jpg

ELIZABETHTON — Four coaching changes occurred Thursday morning at Elizabethton High School.

Just four games into the season, Tony Gordon resigned as head boys’ basketball coach. The school then chose to remove Len Dugger from the girls’ program and fill the vacancy created by Gordon’s departure.

That left an opening for the girls team, and Cyclones’ athletic director Mike Wilson stepped into that position on an interim basis for the remainder of the season.

Gordon left the program after just one full season. Last year the Cyclones went 12-14 and lost in the first round of the District 1-AA tournament.

After a strong summer, expectations were high for the Cyclones this season. But Gordon departed after a 1-3 start that included losses to Science Hill, Knox Bearden and Unicoi County.

Gordon, whose team lost its Three Rivers Conference season opener to the Blue Devils on Tuesday night, did not return phone messages.

Elizabethton Director of Schools Ed Alexander said the early season changes are not an ideal thing.

“The timing is beyond troubling, for the sake of the kids, the parents and the program,†said Alexander. “We’re trying to heal up, fix up and focus on stability for both programs. Both coaches have over 20 years of experience.â€

Wilson would not comment on Gordon’s reason for resigning, but said Gordon will remain as a teacher in the system.

“I appreciate his effort and hard work that he put in,†said Wilson. “I’m sorry things didn’t work out better for him.â€

Gordon previously coached at Morristown West, and before that led University High to a Class A state semifinal appearance in 2003.

Both Dugger and Wilson assumed their new roles at Thursday’s practices.

Dugger’s move to the boys’ program is something that has been rumored for a couple of years. He was offered the boys’ job prior to last season, but opted to stick with the girls and led them to the Class AA state tournament.

Wilson is a longtime girls coach, who guided the Lady Cyclones to multiple sectional appearances and a berth in the 2005 state tournament, where they lost to eventual champion Chester County. Wilson took over the boys’ program the following season and coached for a couple of years before becoming the school’s athletic director.

“Things will be a little awkward at first, probably more so for Coach Dugger,†said Wilson. “He is probably less familiar with the things Coach Gordon has done, his schemes and so forth. But I’ve been around Coach Dugger for 27 years, and I’m much more familiar with what he does.â€

Wilson said he expects to make a fairly smooth transition back into coaching, but realizes it will take some time.

“We understand the situation we’re in, and we don’t think things will change overnight,†said Wilson. “You’re always going to be a little apprehensive. Being in the middle of the year it’s a little awkward.â€

Wilson said he expects a mixed reaction from the public about the overall situation.

“With Coach Gordon’s resignation, we feel Coach Dugger is the guy who needs to coach our boys,†said Wilson. “We feel like Coach Dugger will do the job better than anyone else in Elizabethton. It’s his familiarity, the ties in the community, and the respect people have for him as a coach. Obviously he’s the right person.â€

Read more: http://www.johnsonci...1#ixzz2MIy5mAm2

http://www.johnsonci...le.php?id=96521

Edited by CyclonePrider

Hahahaha! Cool story Bro! Got some land I'll sell you. Why not just put the AD with the Boys team. The stability would have been just the same if your giving Dugger the option to return to the girls. Good one though!! Edited by boxn1

TonyGordon120811.jpg

ELIZABETHTON — Four coaching changes occurred Thursday morning at Elizabethton High School.

Just four games into the season, Tony Gordon resigned as head boys’ basketball coach. The school then chose to remove Len Dugger from the girls’ program and fill the vacancy created by Gordon’s departure.

That left an opening for the girls team, and Cyclones’ athletic director Mike Wilson stepped into that position on an interim basis for the remainder of the season.

Gordon left the program after just one full season. Last year the Cyclones went 12-14 and lost in the first round of the District 1-AA tournament.

After a strong summer, expectations were high for the Cyclones this season. But Gordon departed after a 1-3 start that included losses to Science Hill, Knox Bearden and Unicoi County.

Gordon, whose team lost its Three Rivers Conference season opener to the Blue Devils on Tuesday night, did not return phone messages.

Elizabethton Director of Schools Ed Alexander said the early season changes are not an ideal thing.

“The timing is beyond troubling, for the sake of the kids, the parents and the program,†said Alexander. “We’re trying to heal up, fix up and focus on stability for both programs. Both coaches have over 20 years of experience.â€

Wilson would not comment on Gordon’s reason for resigning, but said Gordon will remain as a teacher in the system.

“I appreciate his effort and hard work that he put in,†said Wilson. “I’m sorry things didn’t work out better for him.â€

Gordon previously coached at Morristown West, and before that led University High to a Class A state semifinal appearance in 2003.

Dugger’s move to the boys’ program is something that has been rumored for a couple of years. He was offered the boys’ job prior to last season, but opted to stick with the girls and led them to the Class AA state tournament.

Wilson is a longtime girls coach, who guided the Lady Cyclones to multiple sectional appearances and a berth in the 2005 state tournament, where they lost to eventual champion Chester County. Wilson took over the boys’ program the following season and coached for a couple of years before becoming the school’s athletic director.

“Things will be a little awkward at first, probably more so for Coach Dugger,†said Wilson. “He is probably less familiar with the things Coach Gordon has done, his schemes and so forth. But I’ve been around Coach Dugger for 27 years, and I’m much more familiar with what he does.â€

Wilson said he expects to make a fairly smooth transition back into coaching, but realizes it will take some time.

“We understand the situation we’re in, and we don’t think things will change overnight,†said Wilson. “You’re always going to be a little apprehensive. Being in the middle of the year it’s a little awkward.â€

Wilson said he expects a mixed reaction from the public about the overall situation.

“With Coach Gordon’s resignation, we feel Coach Dugger is the guy who needs to coach our boys,†said Wilson. “We feel like Coach Dugger will do the job better than anyone else in Elizabethton. It’s his familiarity, the ties in the community, and the respect people have for him as a coach. Obviously he’s the right person.â€

Obviously everyone is saying the right things. Just PR and propaganda!

TonyGordon120811.jpg

Hilarious! 4 games vs. the middle of the season. Now we are into semantics. Whatever. 4 games was all it took for him to realize that he was going to receive some beatings unlike what he had been used to the year before. Ego couldn't handle it. He jumped ship. Nice try though. Lol. Let me go ahead and give you your next line of defense. Next you are going to say, Well he didn't really have to take the boys, but he did it for the greater good of the school and for the kids. Cause we all know, he's all about the kids. Just like he was all about those girls when he walked away from them last year cause they couldn't live up to his ego. He knew they couldn't beat Unicoi girls in the district last year, and he couldn't handle it. Period.

Obviously everyone is saying the right things. Just PR and propaganda!

I have known coach Dugger for a long time. He is a fine man. Our Schools Director made the call. Coach Wilson had never coached the boy’s team and had done a fine job in the past with the girls. Coach Dugger had coached the Elizabethton Boys Team. The Director made the call. Hard to find a new coach once the season had started. You see what happened after the season, Coach Dugger went back to the girls and we searched for a new boys coach. Coach Wilson went back to the AD. It was the Director of Schools call and you can read about how things are run in this system by him. He does a great job and we have a great system and great kids. It is reflected in academics and sports. Our Football team has won the Three River Conference Championship and made it to the State Final Four, 3 out of the last 4 years, and had over 30 players with a 4.0. Girls soccer made it to state, golf team won regionals, both basketball teams made it to sectionals, Our Girl wrestler won State 3 years in a row, and we sent several boys to state, our swim team sent swimmers to state. Our Band has won the state championship 2 out of the last 3 years. Best ACT scores in years and better average then any school in the county. We have a great school system and none of these things just happen on their own. There are good people and good kids behind them. Your team was just outplayed, a bad call can cost a game sometimes but not many ref’s make a 15 point mistake. So congratulations on a great regular season, that is a very good accomplishment for any team and good luck in the sectionals, and the name calling on both sides should stop.

Edited by cyclonemusicman