Elizabethton vs South Greene/Happy Valley vs Grainger

grassroots176

I have known coach Dugger for a long time. He is a fine man. Our Schools Director made the call. Coach Wilson had never coached the boy’s team and had done a fine job in the past with the girls. Coach Dugger had coached the Elizabethton Boys Team. The Director made the call. Hard to find a new coach once the season had started. You see what happened after the season, Coach Dugger went back to the girls and we searched for a new boys coach. Coach Wilson went back to the AD. It was the Director of Schools call and you can read about how things are run in this system by him. He does a great job and we have a great system and great kids. It is reflected in academics and sports. Our Football team has won the Three River Conference Championship and made it to the State Final Four, 3 out of the last 4 years, and had over 30 players with a 4.0. Girls soccer made it to state, golf team won regionals, both basketball teams made it to sectionals, Our Girl wrestler won State 3 years in a row, and we sent several boys to state, our swim team sent swimmers to state. Our Band has won the state championship 2 out of the last 3 years. Best ACT scores in years and better average then any school in the county. We have a great school system and none of these things just happen on their own. There are good people and good kids behind them. Your team was just outplayed, a bad call can cost a game sometimes but not many ref’s make a 15 point mistake. So congratulations on a great regular season, that is a very good accomplishment for any team and good luck in the sectionals, and the name calling on both sides should stop.

Whoa. Didn't take long for someone to pull out the tradition card. Quit beating a dead horse, we've said many times that your team outplayed ours and that your girls deserve all the credit for that. I've never once blamed the refs. The refs were bad, but it was bad both ways. The refs did not create the outcome. But I don't see what Band, swimming and ACT scores have to do with a discussion about your coach. Like I said you can defend him all you want, spin it however you want, but you aren't going to make the rest of the world believe it. Outside of your little Elizabethton bubble, the rest of the world sees Dugger for what he really is. Dugger has been there way too long for anyone to call him in and tell him that he has to do anything. Lol. I don't care who your superintendent is or how much power he has or what the local newspaper says. Truth is Dugger went to the super when the boys job opened and said let me do it because he knew that he couldn't win with the girls last year. The poor AD was the one who had to fall on the sword for him. End of story. End of discussion. lol.

Whoa. Didn't take long for someone to pull out the tradition card. Quit beating a dead horse, we've said many times that your team outplayed ours and that your girls deserve all the credit for that. I've never once blamed the refs. The refs were bad, but it was bad both ways. The refs did not create the outcome. But I don't see what Band, swimming and ACT scores have to do with a discussion about your coach. Like I said you can defend him all you want, spin it however you want, but you aren't going to make the rest of the world believe it. Outside of your little Elizabethton bubble, the rest of the world sees Dugger for what he really is. Dugger has been there way too long for anyone to call him in and tell him that he has to do anything. Lol. I don't care who your superintendent is or how much power he has or what the local newspaper says. Truth is Dugger went to the super when the boys job opened and said let me do it because he knew that he couldn't win with the girls last year. The poor AD was the one who had to fall on the sword for him. End of story. End of discussion. lol.

Well put hoopster, well put! It's time for this discussion to end. Way too many off the wall posts. Time to focus on Saturday night for both teams. It would be fantastic for the Lady Cyclones and the Lady Grizzlies to meet Saturday week in Murphy Center for the final game! Good luck to the Lady Cyclones, but Lady Grizzlies....take it all the way!

well now..Looks like this boxn1 poster has pretty much called it like it is. We all know you can take what you read in the paper to the bank!

Sometimes, maybe if it was an Elizabethton Paper. But that paper was from Johnson City and you know how they would lie to help Elizabethton. They knew this game was going to be played and you would lose so they made that stuff up just for you. Ha Ha Ha you guys are funny. Playing like I saw, my prediction you won't get past CAK.

Sometimes, maybe if it was an Elizabethton Paper. But that paper was from Johnson City and you know how they would lie to help Elizabethton. They knew this game was going to be played and you would lose so they made that stuff up just for you. Ha Ha Ha you guys are funny. Playing like I saw, my prediction you won't get past CAK.

Not saying the paper lied. They just reported the information that was given to them. You sre the funny one if you buy the story. Again, Cool Story!

Guys can we please move on because we are all human and we all make mistakes and last time I checked coach Dugger was a human being and I think we all understand how you feel about him after about six pages of threads.Good luck to Grainger Saturday night and who knows we may meet again.

I'm sorry if I choose not to believe that story. I take that for what it is, a big line of BS. That's a fabricated PR story to cover his backside and save face with the public. Someone who has been in it as long as Dugger isn't forced to do anything against his will. I'm sure they drug him kicking and screaming all the way to the boys locker room and threw him inside and said you must coach the boys or you will be terminated. If he hadn't wanted to do it, he could've said no. What were they going to do? Fire him because he didn't want to abandon his team in the middle of the season to take over another? I'm sure that one would've really held up in court if he had wanted to sue them for wrongful termination. Give me a break, they made him! Lol. That's hilarious! They can't make him do anything. He can write his own ticket he's been there so long. He jumped around to save himself from getting some beatings stuck back to him that he delivered the year before with his all-star squad, Period! His ego couldn't handle a down year that most high school coaches have to endure from time to time. You should feel silly for even believing anything differently. Lol. That's a good one though. Lol.

You don't know very much about Elizabethton if you think what you spout is true! Dugger was asked to go to the boys. He refused, the super told him to think about it over night. The next morning he was delivered a letter saying he was terminated as the girls coach and was named as boys coach. He asked what if he refused and he was told he would have no job. This is the truth but it matters little whether someone from Grainger who thinks he knows everything about Elizabethton believes it or not!

You should also know (since you know so much) that Dugger has actually been coaching again at Elizabethton for only 6 years. He did not coach for many years until 2007 when he took over the girls program.

You must really like him since you like to talk about him so much...lol.

My speculation is that you couldn't beat CAK either, especially on their home floor. It will literally be a tall order for Grainger to beat them. I think CAK is probably the favorite with it being at their place and all the size that they put on the floor. Would be an upset for Grainger, if they pull it off. But, the great thing about it is that my predictions and your predictions don't mean a whole lot. Grainger will show up and give it their all, that I can assure you. We will see what happens. Best of luck to your PLAYERS the rest of the way. I hope they win in spite of their coach and some of their fans.

You don't know very much about Elizabethton if you think what you spout is true! Dugger was asked to go to the boys. He refused, the super told him to think about it over night. The next morning he was delivered a letter saying he was terminated as the girls coach and was named as boys coach. He asked what if he refused and he was told he would have no job. This is the truth but it matters little whether someone from Grainger who thinks he knows everything about Elizabethton believes it or not!

You should also know (since you know so much) that Dugger has actually been coaching again at Elizabethton for only 6 years. He did not coach for many years until 2007 when he took over the girls program.

You must be his boyfriend if you think that I buy that crap story. HaHa. The saintly Dugger takes one for the team. Yeah right.

I'm gonna guess that any good lawyer in America would've taken his case had he wanted to sue them for wrongful termination because he refused to leave the team he started with to take another. Give me a break! Nice try though. HaHa

Hate to burst your bubble but the girls had a very good team last year and would have done even better with Dugger. Won over 20 games and some of the losses were because of the upheaval caused by our esteemed superintendant!

Hate to burst your bubble but the girls had a very good team last year and would have done even better with Dugger. Won over 20 games and some of the losses were because of the upheaval caused by our esteemed superintendant!

Right, and I hate to burst yours, because you didn't win over 20, you won exactly 20 last year. And you did finish 2nd to Unicoi in both the regular season and district tourney and you lost in the first round of the Region on your home floor to District 2's 3rd place team. That is a down year by the standards that you guys have laid out on here. That is a down year for a program with the proud tradition and esteem that you guys said you have. That is a year that Dugger's ego just couldn't handle and he left after 4 games. Amazing that you can blame that on the superintendent. Wow.

Also, what was your record after those first four games last season. Oh yeah that's right 1-3! Hmmm. Wonder why he left after 4 games to go coach those boys? Oh yeah I know, the superintendent made him.