District 5-AAA sweeps 6-AAA--what happened?

baconbreath

Congratulations to the boys district teams from 5-AAA in their sweep of 6-AAA. Walker Valley and Bradley Central take care of business at home and Cleveland and Ooltewah pull off wins on the road. It should be a heck of a finish for Region 3-AAA at Cleveland. Better get their early on Tuesday for the boy's games before the fire marshall stops entry to the dome due to capacity overload.

Good luck to all our teams!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we've been discussing this district on a white co. / Cumberland co. Thread. What happened is this is the worst AAA district in the state. They only have six teams in it and making regions isn't the same as making regions in another district. Try coming out of districts3AAA or 4AAA with some regularity. Then your doing something. Those teams in that district would finish 7-12 in district 3AAA. Even after stone joins the district next year, it'll still be the worst, but they'll have a perineal region team that can beat those Chattanooga teams and advance to sub-state with some consitancy. I know it hurts to hear this but it's true.

Well, we've been discussing this district on a white co. / Cumberland co. Thread. What happened is this is the worst AAA district in the state. They only have six teams in it and making regions isn't the same as making regions in another district. Try coming out of districts3AAA or 4AAA with some regularity. Then your doing something. Those teams in that district would finish 7-12 in district 3AAA. Even after stone joins the district next year, it'll still be the worst, but they'll have a perineal region team that can beat those Chattanooga teams and advance to sub-state with some consitancy. I know it hurts to hear this but it's true.

You are right. Stone wont make our district any stronger. White County and Cookeville are every bit as good as Stone. That's coming from a White County fan that dislikes Cookeville very much. ha

I noticed as well that Stones District is rather weak(3 teams with losing records) as well and if you sent Stone to a District out West(lets say Bolivars Dist.) Stone would be a bout a 5th place team in that District.

Edited by 85warrior

White County did lead most of their game. Even led 31-15 at one point. However, we went cold at the end of the game when it counted and Ooltewah got hot. Shame that the two #1 teams in the regular season had to play in the first round.

Refs. did ok for the most part, but did anyone see the intentional foul call against us that led to the technical foul on our coach? That was the worst intentional foul call i've ever seen. And i've seen lots. Were those refs. father and son? I think they had the same last name.

You are right. Stone wont make our district any stronger. White County and Cookeville are every bit as good as Stone. That's coming from a White County fan that dislikes Cookeville very much. ha

I noticed as well that Stones District is rather weak(3 teams with losing records) as well and if you sent Stone to a District out West(lets say Bolivars Dist.) Stone would be a bout a 5th place team in that District.

Maybe we should move to Chattanooga's district. Nope, that wouldn't work because we beat McCallie, Tyner, Brainerd, and Bradley Central this year. That wouldn't make that area stronger. And by the way, we have played Bolivar twice in 2 years. Lost both but one was at their place and the other was in the State Tournament. Sounds like 6AAA is not going to welcome Stone with open arms.

If you will go to the thread...."6AAA White County vs Cumberland Co." you will see that "carolinacrazy" was the one that started all this by saying Stone was going to come in and dominate this District starting next season. I'm just saying that won't happen. Go read the other thread for yourself and you will see where i'm coming from.

Other schools in this area have a little basketball tradition too. "smirks"

If you will go to the thread...."6AAA White County vs Cumberland Co." you will see that "carolinacrazy" was the one that started all this by saying Stone was going to come in and dominate this District starting next season. I'm just saying that won't happen. Go read the other thread for yourself and you will see where i'm coming from.

Other schools in this area have a little basketball tradition too. "smirks"

Heck, I'll say it right here on this thread. Stone will win this division next year and probably the next one too. They are head and shoulders above these other teams in terms of talent, coaching, development, scheduling, etc... I may have started it, but a lot of people agree with me on it too! This district is just plain awful, I said it last year, if you wanna go look, and I said it earlier this year. I said it before your tourney games and ill say it again, AWFUL! I also said with the addition of Stone, it'll still be the worst AAA district in the state, but at least now it'll have one team that can advance on a regular basis. Face it, making region out of this district isn't an overwhelming achievement. It kinda like being the worlds tallest midget. Lol

Carolina, I don't think that anyone has argued the fact that 6-aaa is and will continue to be an awful district. Its the same in football and every other sport. We dont have the Jimmy's or the Joe's to play at the highest level. Its harsh but its reality. Now, if stone wins the district when they come in, good for them. I have friends on that staff and have known many of their players since they were little boys. I think the issue most are having is that you just think its going to be a walk in the park. Your own district isn't much in its own right, and Kudos to MB and NC for scheduling teams to get you prepared to play come tourney time. But dont act like Scott, Kingston, Loudon, Alcoa or CAK are basketball powerhouses. 6AAA's top two would both be in the top three of your district.

But remember two things: one, though you won the district title this year, you have only won it outright once before, and two, regardless of how far you go this year, it will be your last trip to state for a while. AA and AAA except for the upper cumberland area where regardless of school size the same kids are virutally identical at every school, are a completely different ball of wax.

Our region gets the pleasure of running into the Blackman/Siegel train for the forseeable future and that is not going to be pretty for virtually any team in the state.

Good luck against Fulton tomorrow night.

Carolina, I don't think that anyone has argued the fact that 6-aaa is and will continue to be an awful district. Its the same in football and every other sport. We dont have the Jimmy's or the Joe's to play at the highest level. Its harsh but its reality. Now, if stone wins the district when they come in, good for them. I have friends on that staff and have known many of their players since they were little boys. I think the issue most are having is that you just think its going to be a walk in the park. Your own district isn't much in its own right, and Kudos to MB and NC for scheduling teams to get you prepared to play come tourney time. But dont act like Scott, Kingston, Loudon, Alcoa or CAK are basketball powerhouses. 6AAA's top two would both be in the top three of your district.

But remember two things: one, though you won the district title this year, you have only won it outright once before, and two, regardless of how far you go this year, it will be your last trip to state for a while. AA and AAA except for the upper cumberland area where regardless of school size the same kids are virutally identical at every school, are a completely different ball of wax.

Our region gets the pleasure of running into the Blackman/Siegel train for the forseeable future and that is not going to be pretty for virtually any team in the state.

Good luck against Fulton tomorrow night.

Hmmm, maybe I haven't made myself clear enough on this thread. I don't know who MB and NC is, and I'm not from Stone. Just a ball fan, that follows 3AAA and 4AAA avidly. I'm a district 3AAA fan for sure, and I'm a huge Stone fan from a distance. They are one of the best run, best coached and classiest kids I've seen in a long time. Not just this season but for a few years now. It shows you can do things the right way and still be successful.

Ok, maybe I was a little over the top on Stones presence in that league. You guys know more than me what these other teams have coming back and they may be competitive vs Stone. All I meant was, I'm sure Stone would rather face your district than the one their currently in. Even for AA schools their better than the AAA district your in. And I'm sure that stone would rather face any of those Chattanooga teams than the GPs, Fultons, and AE's of the world to advance to sub- states. I mean I would if I were them. If I made it sound like Stone was going to dominate, I may be over stating it a bit, but if they finish outside the top 2 in the next 4 years I'd be surprised. AAA ball won't intimidate them, heck they go out and play anyone, anywhere, and anytime. Just a big fan of their team right now, that's all.