Watertown JC hosing!

back_4_more

Ashame these young men lay it all out on the mine give their heart and soul for 3 referees to decide the game. Watertown is a very talented team but they were not the best team tonight! Nothing but proud of the blue devils. Sad for the seniors to have to go out like that. But I will have to say it was the best 5-8 game I've ever seen!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a bad call and had it been turned around a Watertown fan would have said the same thing. We were trying to foul. We fouled him 3 or 4 times before the intentional foul was called. It's like he waited until we did something drastic an then called it intentional. Then with 3 seconds to go in the game we foul again but no call and time ran out. This is why a team should not be allowed to host a game of this magnatude. The one ref was biased and it showed. He represented well. Watertown played hard they are a good team with a very good coach and I hope they go on to win it all. JC had their chances we had the ball down one with 25 seconds to go and turn it over so some of the blame falls on us but the one ref clearly decided the outcome and thats what hurts.

I can tell you what is interesting - what a difference a solid coach can accomplish. My sons played for Matt Bradshaw at FCS and have nothing but respect for him. He was raised to do the right thing and teach young men too do the same. WHS may not win the state, but look what Matt has done in such a short time. As a parent I appreciate what Matt did for my sons. George Bailey needs to be able to follow his child around college and any future job; the world may be a little unfair.

I can tell you what is interesting - what a difference a solid coach can accomplish. My sons played for Matt Bradshaw at FCS and have nothing but respect for him. He was raised to do the right thing and teach young men too do the same. WHS may not win the state, but look what Matt has done in such a short time. As a parent I appreciate what Matt did for my sons. George Bailey needs to be able to follow his child around college and any future job; the world may be a little unfair.

Agreed! This guy is 10 times the coach the private school has.

Let me say this Jackson county is a hard nosed good basketball team. Their players had some hart as hustled all night. They never quit and have nothing to be ashamed about.....however I don't feel the same way you do that the refs decided the game. I feel the kids on the court did. Watertown I feel earned the win. They made the free throws( at the end when you guy tried to foul us) and played good defense. I think there was suspect calls going both ways not just against JC. JC should hold up their heads high they are an excellent basketball team.