Watertown JC hosing!

back_4_more

Thanks Bob. Continued success to JC. Looking forward to hearing about the UC / JC matchup.

No different down this way. The two schools from Jackson had come to Memphis this year and all the teams from Memphis had to drive to Jackson last year for our regionals. It was great (sarcastic) when the boys played on one night and the girls played on another. And school the next day for the players.

Players will adapt and play. Every court is the same dimensions. I believe it is the fans that have a problem with the gym location and express this to the players and then the players develop the problem.

If people are waiting on fair in sports or fair from TSSAA, don't hold your breath.

Hated your girls didn't make it to state Doug, was gonna come if they did. Hope you can make it to MTSU, if so see ya there.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how does anyone propose the neutral sight be decided? What do you consider a neutral sight, a gym that is not the home of anyone in the region? Or wait until the regional teams are determined and then pick a gym to host? That is unheard of and irrational.

Was Watertown a favorite to get to regionals? Was it 100% that Watertown would get to regionals? Schools submit to have the regionals at their facility at least one year in advance maybe more and it is usually alternated from one district to the other.

No hard times, but when they shove the kid completely out of bounds the way that kid did there is no other call that can be made, grabbing, bumping, smacking an arm, whatever is fine. But that was an intentional foul plain and simple. I posted this to laugh at the fact that he was admitting it was intentional and was obviously at the game and to call it anything other than intentional is hilarious to me.

Normally i dont answer ignorant posts like this but I will do it this one time. Do you understand the game of basketball? If you're down towards the end of the game a team will foul to put the other team on the line to stop the clock and hope the other team misses so they have a chance to win. The problem I have with this call was the one biased ref would not call a foul. We fouled him going for the ball 4 times but there was no whistle. Fans are screaming for this ref to blow the whistle but he didnt so the player shoved the other player trying to get the clock stopped. The biased ref then called it intentional. One foul shot was made JC is down 2 with 3 seconds to go Watertown inbounds the ball we foul but no whistle they just ran off the court and then Watertowns finest took the floor facing ONLY the Jackson County side. I wonder why?

I do understand. And I agree that a foul should have been called earlier, but the correct call was made on the intentional. I do not know what you mean by the "Watertowns finest" i missed something. I posted that because it appeared in the post that the original poster couldnt believe that it was called intentional when it clearly was. I do not think it was the best called game but I though it was consitently called bad for both sides at times. Again I was impressed with the Heart the JC boys showed in fighting back.

A lot of High Schools host Region ball games. Its not always due to just the size of the gym, but also the amount of fire exits.

I think when they said Watertown"s finest was facing the Jackson County side most likely because one of the students in the JC student section trough something on the Court. Also the fans where screaming at the referees (which I agree it wasnt the best called game...they made bad calls for both sides) so if you were in law enforcement and you saw one side sceaming at the refs after a game and throwing things from the stands what side would you face. Also I know the driving stinks for you guys however we are in the same boat as you when 7a host at LA.

I think when they said Watertown"s finest was facing the Jackson County side most likely because one of the students in the JC student section trough something on the Court. Also the fans where screaming at the referees (which I agree it wasnt the best called game...they made bad calls for both sides) so if you were in law enforcement and you saw one side sceaming at the refs after a game and throwing things from the stands what side would you face. Also I know the driving stinks for you guys however we are in the same boat as you when 7a host at LA.

The problem is this. I don't care who it is NO team should be able to play a championship game on there home floor. If a hosting school makes the final it should be moved to a netrual court. Besides one or two people on here most are not complaining about h2o playing in this game but more of the fact that the gym and parking is just too small to fit everybody. As for having to travel to LA when its 7-A's year to host its actually better than trying to get to one of those schools every night, and for sure a lot closer for y'all. Plus there is no hc advantage for anyone and parking and seating is great.

The higher ups in both districts have to agree on what site they use. and I also know that it easier said than done to go to another place. Lots of places that you think would be a good place to have it don't want to fool with it. It is a big undertaking to host something like this. I know some other sites that want to charge alot of money to host a tourney. I am a life long resident of Watertown and have had 2 kids played 3 sports at Watertown. Believe me I understand no one wants to travel a long distance 2 or 3 nights in a week. I know this fustration is not directed at Watertown because this is not the schools doing. There is alot of people who makes this decision from alot of places. GO PURPLE TIGERS

Players will adapt and play. Every court is the same dimensions. I believe it is the fans that have a problem with the gym location and express this to the players and then the players develop the problem.

If people are waiting on fair in sports or fair from TSSAA, don't hold your breath.

Actually every court does not have same dimensions. Even if your court is the same dimensions it is still better to be playing on your home court. Home court is where most teams practice every day and that is where a team will most always shoot the better percentage. I have to talked to several people who I consider to know the game the last few days and most agree that home court is probably worth in the area of 10 points. I know some will debate this but no doubt its worth a few points.

As far as JC vs Watertown game goes, I believe JC wins that game if played anywhere but Watertown. I believe homecourt to be worth well more than the two points Watertown won the game by.

Mr.B the blue Devils a very talented team however they never had the lead the fought like heck to tie the game and keep it within 2 points I think and this is my opionion that the better team won. The ball just didnt boumce their way that night....however even if they played somewhere else i still feel like the same results would have happened....IS JC capable of beating watertown absolutely both teams were focused and played hard and played good D...dont be one of those people that find an excuse for an L. No matter what anyone says on here you, me, or anyone says its not going to change things. Talk with the school AD and coaches and ask them to fight for a different site. Then the matter might be resolved to everyone liking

If clarkrange beats watertown tonight all you home court advantage people can take your pampers and baby wipes and return for your money back. Because you want be here complaning after that..........some teams play better on the road some kids love pressure of a packed house some fold under that same pressure........ its a game its kids, sit back and enjoy the game . H20 has a chance to do something they have never done and range has a chance to pull the upset . Good luck to both teams

If clarkrange beats watertown tonight all you home court advantage people can take your pampers and baby wipes and return for your money back. Because you want be here complaning after that..........some teams play better on the road some kids love pressure of a packed house some fold under that same pressure........ its a game its kids, sit back and enjoy the game . H20 has a chance to do something they have never done and range has a chance to pull the upset . Good luck to both teams

there is a bunch of crybabies on here watertown deserves this chance just hope they play good an don't fold win or lose just give it all they got an i will be happy

This looks like it will be a first either way. Congrads to Watertown making it this far with a chance to win it. Crange has not won this region championship either. If they did it was way back in 80's or whenever they were relevant. We forget crange used to be the bottom feeders of 7a for long time and here lately they have stepped up. This makes the third time in 5 years we have played in this championship game. Both teams seem to deserve this game and this win and the rights to host a sectional game. Can't wait to watch this game. When its all said and dobe at least this is not the last game us crange and Watertown fans get to watch. We're at least guaranteed one more. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way, not necessarily tonight. No offense or anything lol.

Edited by TheRange