A Disgrace To The Game

Nodoginthwhunt

Also, you have to take into consideration that these Districts were put together for ALL sports, not just basketball.. Out of 15 schools, District 16A will only field 8 football teams. And probably the same amount of teams, or even LESS in baseball, softball, tennis, volleyball, ect...

It doesn't seem fair for the TSSAA to have to redesign the whole state and have schools in other parts of the state have to drive farther for football, baseball, softball, ect. just because there are a bunch of basketball only charter schools in Memphis.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually agree with some of the things that are being addressed, However I feel it is TSSAA's job to redesign becasue they do. Also they take the same $500 for those charter schools as they do every other school in Tennessee. So if you going to allow these schools into your association then you should make sure they have the same oppurtunities as every other school.

Why should Memphis have to do the job every school in Tennessee is paying TSSAA to do? Every three years TSSAA realigns the districts. What trips should you make 15aa and 16aa have always been in Memphis so now with more teams you take one district away. But I have found you guys will justify anything to fit your needs. It is amazing how grown folks don't think all kids deserve a fair chance. As long as your kids have a chance dam the rest, especially the kids in Memphis. What Memphis should do is put more into their own city tournament and pull out of TSSAA.

Any chance that you could get Memphis to become its own state? That would be great for all Tennesseans!

Why should Memphis have to do the job every school in Tennessee is paying TSSAA to do? Every three years TSSAA realigns the districts. What trips should you make 15aa and 16aa have always been in Memphis so now with more teams you take one district away. But I have found you guys will justify anything to fit your needs. It is amazing how grown folks don't think all kids deserve a fair chance. As long as your kids have a chance dam the rest, especially the kids in Memphis. What Memphis should do is put more into their own city tournament and pull out of TSSAA.

Sounds like y'all are playing with 23 year olds over there no wonder you're winning! By al means separate from those of us that abide by the guidelines of TSSAA

I think there are only 4 football playing schools in that district currently and the districts are divided the same for football and basketball. That should change though I understand the reasoning, building and maintaining rivalries across sports. If you gave them two Class A basketball districts not only would other districts be affected, the number of regular season football districts would have to be reduced by one.

I think there are only 4 football playing schools in that district currently and the districts are divided the same for football and basketball. That should change though I understand the reasoning, building and maintaining rivalries across sports. If you gave them two Class A basketball districts not only would other districts be affected, the number of regular season football districts would have to be reduced by one.

And that's why our current class system isn't good. We have decisions being made for basketball based on what's good for football.

Sounds like y'all are playing with 23 year olds over there no wonder you're winning! By al means separate from those of us that abide by the guidelines of TSSAA

The holie and hi and mity Fanatic has spoken....

I Love You and will continue to pray for you.