Let's Talk About The REAL Champs!

bob77

Can't wait for the season to hurry up and get over, so we can get down to business! Who is gonna win all the summer camp games! That is what really matters. Any picks?

Oh it's who wins summer camp, thanks for clearing that up. See I thought it was who had the "best" record or who was ranked #1 in the polls.

Great thread Bob!!

Bottom line to everyone.....you don't have to argue on message boards for respect!! All you have to do is be the last team standing in Murfreesboro in March!! Gold Balls aren't subjective, it's proven on the hardwood at Murphy Center! They're 16 great teams left in each classification but only can be called the best/champions!

Edited by SportsWatcher931

Can't wait for the season to hurry up and get over, so we can get down to business! Who is gonna win all the summer camp games! That is what really matters. Any picks?

Fail! Nice try. I predict that when summer camp does roll around, you will be one of the first on here talking about who Jackson County played and how they did. Better not see you on here discussing a single camp game this summer or I'm gonna remind you of this? Jackson County has tons of tradition and an awesome program. Don't lower yourself or the fans of your proud program by getting on here and trying to belittle or put down other teams. Some of these fans on here are simply just proud of their teams. If they mention a summer camp win, what's the harm in that. Everyone knows they don't count and that you can't read too much into them. But, they can give a little insight into matchups sometimes and can provide some temporary bragging rights. But, no one gets any trophies or championships for them. We all get that. If they are so trivial and no one is ever supposed to bring them up, then why are there countless threads started on them here every summer?

Just another point about summer games. I heard we played CPA this past summer and got DRILLED, I mean destroyed 30+. Fast forward a few months, we play CPA at the Hickman Co tournament and beat them by15. Just goes to show summer camps scores don't mean a whole lot.

Fail! Nice try. I predict that when summer camp does roll around, you will be one of the first on here talking about who Jackson County played and how they did. Better not see you on here discussing a single camp game this summer or I'm gonna remind you of this? Jackson County has tons of tradition and an awesome program. Don't lower yourself or the fans of your proud program by getting on here and trying to belittle or put down other teams. Some of these fans on here are simply just proud of their teams. If they mention a summer camp win, what's the harm in that. Everyone knows they don't count and that you can't read too much into them. But, they can give a little insight into matchups sometimes and can provide some temporary bragging rights. But, no one gets any trophies or championships for them. We all get that. If they are so trivial and no one is ever supposed to bring them up, then why are there countless threads started on them here every summer?

Summer Camp games are kind of like regular season games, you get bragging rights for awhile and your record looks really good but if you can't win the big games when it counts then it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. :popcorneater:

Just another point about summer games. I heard we played CPA this past summer and got DRILLED, I mean destroyed 30+. Fast forward a few months, we play CPA at the Hickman Co tournament and beat them by15. Just goes to show summer camps scores don't mean a whole lot.

And that's exactly what I said. I agree with you. Just didn't see the need for you to start the fray. But, if it was just all in good natured fun, then I can accept that. No harm, no foul.

Summer camp games are equal to MLB cactus league or grapefruit league games.

Bob, I thought the thread was going to be about the Winter Rec League 5-6 yr old championship.

Much continued success to JC and your last link... I have not seen anything on her but did she sign or commit yet?

Fanatic, continued success to you as well.

Edited by DougS

I hope Grainger makes it to state, I would like to see you guys play. I can't wait for the tourney, who knows maybe we will both win it all.

I saw Grainger play in White County in late December. You can't judge a team by seeing them both play once, but in my opinion Canon Co. and LA are better. Time will tell. Good luck to all.