AA State Tourney

dctiger

I assume that if the refs called it on their own then the would have called it before the game started. Why call it at the start of second quarter?

I have absolutely no idea - just know the three of them walked to the center and had a conversation (no one from elizabethton's bench had any type of conversation with them at any point prior to that moment and I'm sure of this since it would've been rather lengthy expalining it to and trying to convince someone who didn't know about the rule). After the refs talked between themselves one walked over to Dugger and asked him to come over and got CPA's coach and the ref told her they were calling a technical to which she replied "Are you serious?" and he said yes. Then Coach Dugger walked over and told his assistant what was going on and they chose Whitney Roberts to shoot the shots.

Why did Macon change their offense in 4th quarter? Cost them the game.

CPA extended their defense to more man in the 4th Quarter. They really turned it up. I do agree they were not running as much motion, but CPA just completely turned it up and I thought their were two questionable foul calls the last couple minutes that went CPA's way that could have definitely went Macon's way. But the bottom line it was easier for CPA to get quality shots with their two great post players. Congratulations. CPA is a very fine ball club and they earned it. Played through a tough bracket. Edited by pioneer42

Now I may be completely wrong and our coach's did bring up the swoosh but it did not appear they were any more aware of what was going on that CPA's coach when the refs came over after meeting in the middle of the court at the end of the 1st quarter buzzer and apparently discucssing it. Maybe one of the refs for that game was aware of the rule but had not called one of CPA's games before last night - I have no idea. But if it was Elizabethton's coaches who knew about the rule how would the end of the 1st quarter be the moment it gave them the biggest advantage to do so?

After the game, I heard the ref that called the TF explaining to a fellow official that he hated to call it, but he had to when he noticed the swoosh. Apparently, no one brought it to his attention. IMO it's a silly rule that, if enforced, should only be done so before the start of the game. What would have happened if he didn't notice the issue until the last minute of a tie game? Regardless, I wish the refs had paid a little more attention to some of the uncalled fouls that were committed than the swoosh on the uniform...

After the game, I heard the ref that called the TF explaining to a fellow official that he hated to call it, but he had to when he noticed the swoosh. Apparently, no one brought it to his attention. IMO it's a silly rule that, if enforced, should only be done so before the start of the game. What would have happened if he didn't notice the issue until the last minute of a tie game? Regardless, I wish the refs had paid a little more attention to some of the uncalled fouls that were committed than the swoosh on the uniform...

Boo hoo hoo

Why is everyone focused on this technical when it is irrelevant at this point. CPA and Macon County played an amazing championship game with both sides pouring their hearts out into the game. Congratulations to both teams and especially proud of the CPA girls who overachieved this year with a great run through the tournament. State Champs again.

Why is everyone focused on this technical when it is irrelevant at this point. CPA and Macon County played an amazing championship game with both sides pouring their hearts out into the game. Congratulations to both teams and especially proud of the CPA girls who overachieved this year with a great run through the tournament. State Champs again.

My intent was not to focus on the TF but rather to state an opinion about the rule and provide an explanation based on what I heard the ref say after the game. You likely would have a different point of view if CPA had lost that game by 1 or 2 points. Regardless, both CPA and Macon are to be congratulated for outstanding seasons and an awesome championship game.

While Franco's shot was dramatic and timely and deserves all the attention that it is getting, the play by Thompson in the fourth quarter was truly amazing and deserves to be recognized as well. She had one drive to the basket that made her look like a point guard out there.

A match up with the CAK twin towers would have been very interesting indeed.

Moron...shouldn't you be trolling the softball or baseball threads by now? Especially since your bball team has been done for quite a while now.

Sorry just got back from watching my team in state tournament.Unfortunately they lost in the first round. Now to keep an eye out on all the sports complex tourneys. You never can tell when there might be some recruiting going on at them.Myself I can't wait till the school system goes with one county wide high school. Only bad thing about it is we will be in AAA but the good thing is Eliz. High School will also be.You all need a good dose of the Science Hills and Riverdales.

Sorry just got back from watching my team in state tournament.Unfortunately they lost in the first round. Now to keep an eye out on all the sports complex tourneys. You never can tell when there might be some recruiting going on at them.Myself I can't wait till the school system goes with one county wide high school. Only bad thing about it is we will be in AAA but the good thing is Eliz. High School will also be.You all need a good dose of the Science Hills and Riverdales.

It will never happen and if it did we ain't scared of anyone and sounds like your the one that needs the tissue paper to cry on.LOL Edited by lawnman

At least 4 more years of this until tssaa votes on separating public and private schools. Maybe they will listen to opinions from member schools next time and place privates in their own class. CAK has the next two state titles imo

I still don't get all the complaints about the public vs private deal. I will alway say that it's tougher on the private school if they are being legit. My examples are these they have the 20 mile rule, have to pay in some cases a lot of money, and the multiplier to boot. I'll use CAK as an example since I know them. It cost close to $9,000 a year to go with no church affiliation so the church can't help. The enrollment is just over 400 students and most of the key girls are life long CAK kids. Anna Hammaker has had 3 sisters go through CAK and she has been going there her whole life. Kaycee Heitzman has been going to CAK since Kindergarten. Kelsey Naler and Amy Cross the same as the other two. Cheyenne Hooper came to CAK in the 6th grade and Brianna Bryant as a freshman and her father is a pastor. I do agree some private schools may bend the rules but so do many public schools. I believe the schools with open enrollment are far more at an advantage than private schools. Look at Memphis City schools, AE and Fulton in Knoxville, Alcoa, and Maryville. Pretty successful programs that can reach a lot wider base than a private. They have no multiplier, usually only cost a couple hundred dollars to enroll and they're not punished by the 20 mile rule. To me thats the bigger issue. Of course I'm basing it on CAK an yes they've been successful but the football teams best players and the girls basketball team have been made up mainly of life long CAK kids.