Region 5 Dual Team

jcddmoon

Does anyone know who is coaching it or who is on it?

Are you looking for MS or elementary?

I believe e-mails have been sent out for both.

Coach Hamblin is heading up the elementary while Coach Baucke has the MS.

If you will post your e-mail again I will send both over to you.

Both actually. Already spoke with Coach Hamblin about Elementary. For the MS team it is my understanding that, 6th grade Juniors that are the same weight as the MS champion can't challenge. Is this correct?

I believe that the consensus was to leave it as the MS champion unless they are unable to compete. There was some concern about the potential age difference between a young Junior and an older MS wrestler if I remember correctly.

I sent out a mass email with the names of the kids chosen based on the regional results.

I may have missed a couple coaches. I need to know if your wrestler is, or is not planning on wrestling. Please email me at teamhamblinwrestling@yahoo.com if you did not receive that emal.

Some changes are already taking place and I want this process to be fair and non-political.

Hamblin

AAU Region 5 Coaches.

We are currently having trouble filling some of our upper weights for the Elementary State Duals.

We are missing the following; 116,125,135, and 190. I have emails out regarding 125 and 135 but have heard nothing back. If you have kids interested in competing contact me asap at teamhamblinwrestling@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Hamblin

The rules that I received from region 4 indicated that 6th grade juniors cannot wrestle in the elementary duals. I may be wrong and I appologize ahead of time. Is there not a set of rules presented by TNAAU for all regions? You guys seem knowledgable of the situation and that's why I ask. I was under the assumption that all regions obided by the same rules. Does each region get to determine the dual qualifications? Clarification is greatly appreciated. I would think that it would cause less confusion to have a identified set of rules presented by TNAAU and posted on the Team Tennessee website for all to see. This could possibly create less confusion and educate parents and coaches on the specific guidelines pertaining to the state duals. This is just my opinion and suggestion, most of you are far more involved than myself and maybe this has been discussed. I would just like more clarification and unity within the organization. By all means, if there is any way that I can help, I would be glad too. I appreciate all those that put his or her time and effort into making TNAAU a great program. I understand that this is a difficult task. It wasn't until the last few days that realized how much the organization actually entailed. There is far more to it than many people know. Once again, thanks for your time and effort. Lets continue to grow Wrestling in TN!

The rules that I received from region 4 indicated that 6th grade juniors cannot wrestle in the elementary duals. I may be wrong and I appologize ahead of time. Is there not a set of rules presented by TNAAU for all regions? You guys seem knowledgable of the situation and that's why I ask. I was under the assumption that all regions obided by the same rules. Does each region get to determine the dual qualifications? Clarification is greatly appreciated. I would think that it would cause less confusion to have a identified set of rules presented by TNAAU and posted on the Team Tennessee website for all to see. This could possibly create less confusion and educate parents and coaches on the specific guidelines pertaining to the state duals. This is just my opinion and suggestion, most of you are far more involved than myself and maybe this has been discussed. I would just like more clarification and unity within the organization. By all means, if there is any way that I can help, I would be glad too. I appreciate all those that put his or her time and effort into making TNAAU a great program. I understand that this is a difficult task. It wasn't until the last few days that realized how much the organization actually entailed. There is far more to it than many people know. Once again, thanks for your time and effort. Lets continue to grow Wrestling in TN!

The age division eligibility rules are set by TNAAU so that they align with the eligibility requirements for the national dual championship for which this event is meant to determine members. Thus, as stated above, 6th grade juniors may not be a part of any elementary teams. From TNAAU's perspective they are eligible for the MS dual team as they are technically middle schooler's.

That said, each region was allowed to determine how their dual team would be selected and the rules thereof. The region directors were the ones who set those rules to the best of my knowledge with each region, from what I can gather, being somewhat different. Personally, that seems like a reasonable approach as the region directors were the people selected to lead the region in making decisions for the group and representing them to TNAAU and vice versa. Each region is different geographically and many of the region tournaments were different (ex.Region 3's being split across two sites on two different days) so it would seem that the region directors were better equipped to make determinations for team selection within their region.