Top D1 wrestlers 2013

soddy74

I know its march but who are some of best that's back next year

Any of the returning state qualifiers. IF they put in the work, will be tough next year.

Proof of that??? 113 pounder Christian Lozano state qualifier last year and state finals this year. also 120 pounder Tristan Hackett non qualifier as freshman and state medalist this year. Yes I am a Beech Fan.

We may have a sleeper for 2013

Scottsboro's Brandon Womack claims fifth state championship

February 16th, 2013 3:48PM

HUNTSVILLE, Alabama – Perennial state champion Brandon Womack did it again today.

The Scottsboro junior won his fifth title by pinning Arab senior Tony Johnson in the Class 5A, 160-pound final at the Von Braun Center. He went 3-0 in the state tournament, with three pins, and finished the season 75-1.

“I lost to a kid from Tennessee," Womack said of his lone defeat. "I had mono at the beginning of the season and it took me awhile to get over it."

His previous titles were as a seventh-grader at 103 in 2009, an eighth-grader at 103 in 2010, a freshman at 112 in 2011 and a sophomore at 126 in 2012.

“I jumped up a lot of weight (this year) and made it a little more difficult,†said Womack, who is 345-8 in his career, with 319 pins.

Who's that TN kid?