Southwind VS Oak Ridge......Who Wins and why

nebuntyn

Nah, not at all..I can talk trash with the best of 'em..You can ask anyone on here that talks to me regularly..I love to cut up and have fun on here, but you just come over to me as a really arrogant person, and i dislike that.

Lol. Me too. Didn't mean to call this guy a jerk, I meant ahole. Lol.

Here's some facts: Oak ridges schedule ranks 18th out of 112. South wind is 112 out of 112.

SW lost to a .500 Germantown team. Lost to ridgeway twice. Played the worst schedule in the state and are probably not even the best team in their district. And don't come back with all these out of state teams they played, heck they had to, their schedule in Memphis area sucks!!!

Oak Ridge played in one of if not the toughest AAA district in the state. They didn't lose a game to a team that didn't win less than 21 games, lost to melrose without three players at the game. Scheduled the toughest teams in east tn to get ready for this tourney. You tell me who plays in a district like ours, then goes out an schedules, science hill, Fulton, maryville, dobbins Bennett, melrose, West and Catholic. Not including the two out of state teams they beat in the Arby's classic that are still playing in their respective state tourneys!!!!!

Believe me OR has a name and reputation that they could have played any teams in the country and traveled to the Bahamas or Puerto Rico, but they scheduled the best TENNESSEE teams they could to get where they are right now!!! So I don't think this south wind team is scaring OR!! Get over your Memphis bias and respect the 8 teams still playing basketball at this time of year. Whew, go Cats Go!!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey is just a cage rattler. If you guys win, he will suck up to you... :mrgreen:

Nah, not at all..I can talk trash with the best of 'em..You can ask anyone on here that talks to me regularly..I love to cut up and have fun on here, but you just come over to me as a really arrogant person, and i dislike that.

I've been called arrogant before and I will probably be called arrogant again.....But I don't wear my feelings on my shoulders, and I will never give anyone that much control over my emotions. There are few people on CoachT that know me, i'm a good guy. But at the end of the day, if you judge me by my posts on CoachT, that's your problem. I'm not trying to win a popularity contest. and I didn't get on CoachT to make new friends. I don't care if you like me. Edited by nebuntyn

Lol. Me too. Didn't mean to call this guy a jerk, I meant ahole. Lol.

Here's some facts: Oak ridges schedule ranks 18th out of 112. South wind is 112 out of 112.

SW lost to a .500 Germantown team. Lost to ridgeway twice. Played the worst schedule in the state and are probably not even the best team in their district. And don't come back with all these out of state teams they played, heck they had to, their schedule in Memphis area sucks!!!

Oak Ridge played in one of if not the toughest AAA district in the state. They didn't lose a game to a team that didn't win less than 21 games, lost to melrose without three players at the game. Scheduled the toughest teams in east tn to get ready for this tourney. You tell me who plays in a district like ours, then goes out an schedules, science hill, Fulton, maryville, dobbins Bennett, melrose, West and Catholic. Not including the two out of state teams they beat in the Arby's classic that are still playing in their respective state tourneys!!!!!

Believe me OR has a name and reputation that they could have played any teams in the country and traveled to the Bahamas or Puerto Rico, but they scheduled the best TENNESSEE teams they could to get where they are right now!!! So I don't think this south wind team is scaring OR!! Get over your Memphis bias and respect the 8 teams still playing basketball at this time of year. Whew, go Cats Go!!

So you are sold on CoachT strength of schedule rankings......that's a joke. And they did not lose to Germantown. Get your facts straight. They lost 6 games.....Oak Hiil Academy, Simeon by 1pt two other out of state teams and Ridgeway twice. Oak Ridge will not last a quarter. Southwind played their toughest competition already. Southwind by 35+ plus book it. By the way, I love the name that you gave me, thank you!

So you are sold on CoachT strength of schedule rankings......that's a joke. And they did not lose to Germantown. Get your facts straight. They lost 6 games.....Oak Hiil Academy, Simeon by 1pt two other out of state teams and Ridgeway twice. Oak Ridge will not last a quarter. Southwind played their toughest competition already. Southwind by 35+ plus book it. By the way, I love the name that you gave me, thank you!

You need to get your facts straight, u lost by 2 to Simeon. Lol. Who cares, one point or two hundred, its a loss!! Toughest competition already?? I'll bet you, IF you beat Oak ridge, you lose by 20 to Blackman! Wanna bet? As far as the name I so called gave you? Don't thank me, you really earned it. Lol

You need to get your facts straight, u lost by 2 to Simeon. Lol. Who cares, one point or two hundred, its a loss!! Toughest competition already?? I'll bet you, IF you beat Oak ridge, you lose by 20 to Blackman! Wanna bet? As far as the name I so called gave you? Don't thank me, you really earned it. Lol

You are already calling on Blackman to help you.......lmao! I don't have any doubts.

Sad. Once again, Southwind smoked Germantown about 3 or 4 times this season alone. All teams that beat them were nationally ranked. That Melrose team OR lost too? S'wind smoked by 30. Using CoachT for Strength of Schedule is lazy, I don't even believe they account for Out of State teams in determining strength. Also weakest district in the state? You must have 15-AAA confused with 14-AAA or some of the crappy districts out there. Ridgeway is/was nationally ranked, Houston beat Dyer County earlier in the season, Germantown beat White Station etc.

Smh. Those trips you went to are nice, but the City of Palms classic, Rumble on the Ridge, Penny Hardeway Classic all trump those! No doubt OR will hopefully be ready, but lets stop with the poor attempts to say OR had a tougher or as tough schedule as Southwind. As for the person who said they believe OR guards will play better, have you actually seen Southwind play?! Jajuan Johnson (Marquette) and Peyton Husley (Lipscomb) are elite high school level guards. Its unlikely they are both off. Who knows.

I wouldn't mind a close game, but hopefully Southwind gets a double digit win.

Sad. Once again, Southwind smoked Germantown about 3 or 4 times this season alone. All teams that beat them were nationally ranked. That Melrose team OR lost too? S'wind smoked by 30. Using CoachT for Strength of Schedule is lazy, I don't even believe they account for Out of State teams in determining strength. Also weakest district in the state? You must have 15-AAA confused with 14-AAA or some of the crappy districts out there. Ridgeway is/was nationally ranked, Houston beat Dyer County earlier in the season, Germantown beat White Station etc.

Smh. Those trips you went to are nice, but the City of Palms classic, Rumble on the Ridge, Penny Hardeway Classic all trump those! No doubt OR will hopefully be ready, but lets stop with the poor attempts to say OR had a tougher or as tough schedule as Southwind. As for the person who said they believe OR guards will play better, have you actually seen Southwind play?! Jajuan Johnson (Marquette) and Peyton Husley (Lipscomb) are elite high school level guards. Its unlikely they are both off. Who knows.

I wouldn't mind a close game, but hopefully Southwind gets a double digit win.

Not saying coacht SOS is the RPI, but it has been an indicator to who advances to the final in years past. It's really all we have to go by. The point I was trying to make is OR will play anyone, anytime, and not back down. I think both Knoxville area schools got really bad matchup draws for the first game, and they'll have to play their very best to win. It's just your guys arrogance that pisses everyone off. We're smart enough to acknowledge we're a little outmanned, but you don't have to rub it in our faces before the games are even played. And please don't even mention ridgeway on this thread anymore, we know we can't beat college aged kids. Lol.

I guess if Blackmon or dyer county win this thing they will be considered Memphis area schools, heck u guys claim every team west of cookville anyway. Lol. I just hope all four games are competitive, and the best two make it there.

Unfortunate situation at Ridgeway, kid wasn't even a starter, but back on Subject. DC will be the only team we "claim" since they are West TN, but Blackman seems to be that one team East and Middle TN always put their hopes ala Bearden a few years ago.

Best of Luck to OR.

I've been called arrogant before and I will probably be called arrogant........Can I be a little arrogant? Probably! But I don't wear my feelings on my shoulders, and I will never give anyone that much control over my emotions. There are few people on CoachT that know me, i'm a good guy. But at the end of the day, if you judge me by my posts on CoachT, that's your problem. I'm not trying to win a popularity contest. and I didn't get on CoachT to make new friends. I'm not someone that's "politically" correct. I don't care if you like me.

You're not trying to win an English contest either........

Edited by 3wiggle

I wish Oak Ridge the best of luck in this game, but Oak Ridge's toughest opponent this year was a loss to Melrose. Southwind beat them by 30. Southwind's strength of schedule is lower due to the fact that they played multiple out of state powerhouses. Coacht has spoke on the fact that his rankings do not factor in teams that play tough out of state opponents. Oak Hill, Simeon, three teams from Ark., couple from Miss., Florida, Texas, Utah. Not just teams but top teams from those states. City of Palms! Oak Ridge is a great team from East TN, but I am trying think of a D-1 signed from anywhere in the East this year. Southwind has four senior D-1 players and size that keeps coming. I really hope Oak Ridge steps up and shows up in this one. Good luck Cats!

Edited by chill

I've been called arrogant before and I will probably be called arrogant again.....But I don't wear my feelings on my shoulders, and I will never give anyone that much control over my emotions. There are few people on CoachT that know me, i'm a good guy. But at the end of the day, if you judge me by my posts on CoachT, that's your problem. I'm not trying to win a popularity contest. and I didn't get on CoachT to make new friends. I don't care if you like me.

I guess i am just "old school" i believe in giving the opponent you are playing the respect they deserve, no matter who they are. Especially if they have made it all the way to the state tournament..Everyone of these teams had to win a lot of games against a lot of teams to make it to this point, no matter who they played. I am a biased Oak Ridge fan of course, but i think we deserve just a little smidget of respect from other teams, at least. I'm sure you are a good guy, Nebuntyn, you just come over as a classless guy. Especially since you know nothing of Oak Ridge..We may lose by 35+, but if we were playing a 1A school i wouldn't be talking as much junk as you have..It has nothing to do with wearing my emotions on my sleeve, it's just a simple life principle of respecting your opponent..Nobody or no team is unbeatable..And if we do happen to win and a miracle happens you will really look like a fool. I am prepared to lose this game. I knew when the pairings came out it may end up being a long night for us, but like i said i guess i am just old school in how i show respect to an opponent, whether they deserve it or not. And i think we deserve a little bit for making it this far..Best wishes to southwind.