Congratulations Riverdale

Lost Old Dad

this was a great season and a lot of fun. while we had a lot of talent the best part was their hard work and unselfishness.

I agree with a previous poster about Coach Barrett...and I told him if you win state good job if you dont whats your problem...hard situation to come into in a way lol....this team obviously was very good and talented but they all had a goal and they worked together to achieve that goal played anybody and everybody to help prepare them to win a state title WAY TO GO LADY WARRIORS

The same ole' recruiting talk begins. "The new Insell"...Do you really think Cory Barrett has to do any recruiting? He is coaching a program the has won 3 out of the last 4 and 4 out of the last 8. The program's success is the recruiter. Parents and players are the ones seeking out successful programs for their Daughters to play for.

Is he supposed to turn players away? He took a team whose only successful outcome is a gold ball and went undefeated. Were they more talented than everyone? Absolutely, but I get so tired of the implications of recruiting that any successful program gets.

It is a prime example of "The rich get richer and the poor get poorer" It is how it's always been and how it will always be.

• Upvote 1