AA Basketball: Who Comes Back Strong?

bballer1

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CPA may be back quicker than you think. In 2011, we had just lost Reedy, Butler and Griffin and we were a shot away from going to sub-state. I never dreamed our young talent would have matured that quick. Lot of people from GC thinks if Russell would have stayed, they would have made a run in the Boro that year. We were tied and missed a layup at the buzzer to win the Region-Semis with a coach that got fired the next year. CPA runs a high low offense to perfection. Their young talent looks good and may be better than you think. But anyway, congratulations on back to back. Your girls showed a lot of heart and a lot of want to especially being down in the last two games.

Thanks. I never thought that they would make it back to the Boro much less win the whole thing. But they played well when they had to. I think the experience of the three senior stars was much more significant. Additionally it looks like the district and region were much tougher then people were given it credit.

All eight players from last years team will now be gone as well 85% of the production from this years team. I think next year will be a classic rebuilding year for CPA. But I've been wrong before ......

Doesn't make a whole lot of cense how CAK and CPA can compete in a public school tourney. These are private schools. I'm sorry.... If you have to pay tuition to go to that school the schools are not on the same playing field.

The best programs in the state all have transfers. I'm not saying they're recruiting I'm just saying no matter the sport the great schools year in and year out are getting kids come in. I guess success breads that culture. So... with that being said I don't think the private schools should be your concern but the open zone public schools should. Research it they have the biggest advantage going. Look at Maryville and Alcoa football and the Memphis and city schools in Knoxville for basketball. I've said it before almost every CAK girl minus two have been a lifer. One came in 6th grade the other came in 9th.

To be honest the best two teams at state didn't win and that was Macon County and Elizabethton. I don't think CPA winning had anything to do with them being private school. They didn't have the most talent there.

Doesn't make a whole lot of cense how CAK and CPA can compete in a public school tourney. These are private schools. I'm sorry.... If you have to pay tuition to go to that school the schools are not on the same playing field.

What do you do with the kids who pay tuition to go to Maryville, Alcoa, Oak Ridge, etc. ?????

This will be a challenge for MC with Joe Young stepping aside to persue a college coaching career. But I believe Johnny Morgan will find a suitable replacement and the Chargerettes will be just fine. Too much returning talent to not make some noise. Add that to the return of Myers, who missed the entire year due to shoulder surgery, plus a ton of incoming freshman, and I think the Chargerettes will make another run at the " Boro."

Has Myers recovered from surgery? The best incoming freshman (from Monroe County) for Central won't play any next year. One of the other incoming freshman you are counting on seems to have changed her mind since Joe Young won't be there.

The best programs in the state all have transfers. I'm not saying they're recruiting I'm just saying no matter the sport the great schools year in and year out are getting kids come in. I guess success breads that culture. So... with that being said I don't think the private schools should be your concern but the open zone public schools should. Research it they have the biggest advantage going. Look at Maryville and Alcoa football and the Memphis and city schools in Knoxville for basketball. I've said it before almost every CAK girl minus two have been a lifer. One came in 6th grade the other came in 9th.

To be honest the best two teams at state didn't win and that was Macon County and Elizabethton. I don't think CPA winning had anything to do with them being private school. They didn't have the most talent there.

I agree, Elizabethton should have won their game, after the freshman scored 30 the game before, the refs called a foul on her when she bumped fist with the CPA player during the player introductions. How do you have a 10-2 foul lead n the second half?

I agree, Elizabethton should have won their game, after the freshman scored 30 the game before, the refs called a foul on her when she bumped fist with the CPA player during the player introductions. How do you have a 10-2 foul lead n the second half?

It took 6 days, but here come the excuses...

Has Myers recovered from surgery? The best incoming freshman (from Monroe County) for Central won't play any next year. One of the other incoming freshman you are counting on seems to have changed her mind since Joe Young won't be there.

Central will probably start out next season a little slow but way too much talent already there and so much coming in after Christmas they will be a team to contend with, no doubts they will be right back at home in the Sectional game with just a win away from State!

To all the people crying about CAK and CPA. If you are scared of them drop out of AA and play someone else.

They're private schools in the sense that you have to pay to go there. Most parents send their children to private schools for the quality of education, and in CAK's case, for a Christian education. I'm sure there are some who choose a private school for sports, but there's nothing wrong with that since they're paying tuition.