my honest assessment of lake co/humbolt

topper06

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear you are really one of the coaches we have played. I know who I would put my money on that you really are. Sounds just like something he would say! Where is Greenfieldfan when I need him to say what I'm thinking?lol Anyway you have no respect on these boards with your stupid comments, so change your username and make some more dumb statements .

Hey Wardawg your my hero man!! You said it right when u said all UC is good for is a region semi game because Sisco has choked time and time again during the region semis even when he was in 13aa the same result..He wo. 2 state titles during his coaching career at UC and he is a verrry good coach..BUT..His aragance is his downfall and he rather go with what he thinks is right, knowing its wrong..UC was clearly the best team in 14a this year and Siscos young squad didn't get it done..But with that said the fact is Barger ain't as great as u say either...Facts first..She won a state title on what Whiby built..2..LC got to the state the next year with the same team she had the last yr and choked..all. but one player...3..Lc only made the final 4 last yr on a 85 footer..she didn't coach that..4..Lc made it this year because single a was very down this yr and it was really anyones ball game because of the youth across the state in single a and lady luck was on her side..SO..Let's see how she does against a high powered UC , Humboldt, and Memphis Mitchell and South FUlton..She will have to recruit to get pass the region semis..Unless she gets lucky again and get UC ..lol...Congrats to LC and Boldt doing 14a justice..Peace

Hey copenooc,give the woman some credit, she can flat out coach. I see some of your facts are merely options. Winning with a Whitby team? Whitby didn't even win with his teams. Had she had the teams he had she'd have at least 5 gold balls right now. And that "75" foot shot made by Swift last year was indeed pure luck but you left out the part where Lc dominated in OT and that shot was the last one they practiced after EVERY practice. Lol I'm just saying she's a heck of a coach!

Where to start, 1st Topper06, thanks for proving my point by saying if you were coaching Humboldt they would have won by 20. Everyone with 2 eyes could see that Humboldt had better overall players this year than LC. The falcons had a chance to win because a. Their kids played with tremendous heart and effort and 2. They are well coached. The kids play hard because they respect and love their coach which is a big part of being a great coach. The coaching boys is not an ego thing, that is the most reidiculous thing I have ever heard. She has coached middle school boys, high school girls and now high school boys and said she prefers to coach on the boys side. What about the men that coach women's basketball, guess they not real coaches since they only coach girls!! Get over yourself. As far as coaching circles around Coach B you are living in your dream world. Since you are such a great coach put your record and accomplishments out there for us PLEASE!! This lady played college basketball and has been a student of the game as far as I can remember. So unless you know such your mouth. As far as copenoc, Whitby built?? Really?? How many state tournaments did he reach in over 10 years at Lake Co.? None. With more talent than has been on the last 3 teams combined. I was there and witnessed the Tony Tyler, Jay Warlick, Channing Geanes, Brandon Springer, Carlos Young, Kevin Copelin, Sep Valentine, Jackie Johnson and Andrew Wallace team not get out of the sub-state or Region semis. in back to back years. They were 9-10 deep, tall and long. He NEVER hosted a sub-state game and made 2 in his career at LC. This lady has been to 3 state tournaments in 3 years with much less talent. Heck you take Cannon Whitby off the OC team and the coach you speak of doesn't win his 1 title. How many did he get after that? Gold or silver basketballs? Hate talkng about him because I think he was a good coach BUT so tired of hearing from the OC folks that she is living off Whitby players, heck none of these kids that brought the silver ball back to LC played for him on the varsity level, they were freshmen.

How did I know Copenoc would show up on this post? Maybe because he started it to begin with? This is exactly what you expect from certain people. Copenoc you called me Lake County garbage last week...so we know how you feel about LC. Coach Whitby was a good man but built NOTHING at LC. Coach Barger deserves the credit and I wouldn't be surprised if some of the folks in UC aren't already scheming to get rid of Mr Personality and replace him with Coach B. That would be par for course.

Take the name off the program and gender off the coach...then tell me if anyone with an IQ bigger than their shoe size would consider to criticize a third year head coach with her accomplishments.Most remarkable thing of all is someone giving Whitby credit for this years team,three years removed!Name any other coach at any other program who you'd like to compare with her,or just give it a rest!