Gomab's Top 100 Sophomores

CoachT

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Logan Johnson @ South Doyle. Good chance at being KIL Sophomore of the Year. Will start this year. He also has grown about 3 inches thsi summer and still growing. He is about 6'4 now.

I'm only familiar with your #13 rated sophomore, Ryan Puckett of McEwen. He has a lot of talent and is a very good player, but is only the 4th best sophomore in Humphreys County. Ricco Ralston is an unknown because he doesn't play AAU, but should definitely be in the top 15 sophomores. He will be the starting point guard for Waverly this season and has the potential to be one of the best and most exciting players to ever play at Waverly. Two other sophomores, Curtis Reid and Ryan Hollis are also players with great potential to keep an eye on.

Gomab,

I think you did a great job. Just naming 100 high school players across the country would be hard...much less figuring who is the best from one state by using basically yourself as the only guru.

For those who are mad about how he is doing this...I invite you to take a look at your hometeam and rank every player from first to worst...and then go to your rivals school and do that...and then all the schools in the district...and then the region...and then the class...and then the state.

Give the man some credit, beggars cant be choosers.

Gomab I think your doing a out-standing job, but Its really hard to say who the best players are across the State, hey where did you rank your Brother, then why is he a walk-on, I know you ranked him high, its all about the people and teams that your familiar with. I say continue to pick your players, but pick some that are getting full scholarships. How many Seniors did you pick last year that play D1, I know a few. Some you didn't pick made it to D1, But people who are reading thats the way the ball bounces, Its doesn't mean you player can't play, he just has not been recognized yet....Thanks GOMAB & COACHT

Crossup..... you must be joking, right???? Name one player player D-1 ball this year on scholarship that I don't have in my 2002 Rankings..... I don't have one D-1 scholarhip kid outside of my Top 42. My next lowest D-1 is #33..... My brother can play, and is ranked #50, which is a ranking outside of D-1 scholarship players at the moment. In fact, he had been offered "prefferred Walk-on" status at Vandy, but turned it down. But he is not the subject.... I put my rankings out to try to be as accurate as possible. Only 2 of my Top 12 players aren't playing D-1 this year (one was Mr Basketball, had no grades and is JUCO; and the other is a Major League Baseball draft pick)--that's not too bad for a Top 12, one that has not changed much in a year and a half (before all the kids signed)..... And no, I don't rank who "I am familiar with", though obviously if I haven't seen a kid, it is harder to rank him as high. So, crossup--just prove something on the court, rather than worrying about the legitimacy of my rankings....................

I think Gomab has done a very good job. On ranking his players.For the ones that haven't made it. Then this should give thme something to shoot for. I know I did and I finally made it. It wasn't on the freshman list last year, but I improved my game and made honorable mention(85th). I happy, but not satisfied. So i plan on working my butt of here at Antioch. So I can move up and keep getting better. That's what these players need to do that didn't make. So stop your whinning crossover and play your game. You will make it if your worth it. That's what i was told. The showcase in riverdale really helped me. Go to those. That's my best advice for players. That want to make the list. Good luck to all. Good job Gomab keep up the good job. When are you going to have another showcase. I loved the one in riverdale. Watch out for Antioch! :(

Gomab your reading me wrong, Man I think you did a outstanding job ranking these players, Man You have skills, I was only asking the questions. I think your dedications show in your work...I want people to know you work hard and you are honest in what you know. There a few players out there that might have been missed.

My hats off to you. I seen some these Sophomores play, and your right on most..

So Bro please keep up the good-work--keep this State informed. Man I know your brother can play!!!! Don't get me wrong I just wanted to know his ranking!!!!!

People who are reading my comments don't read into them this man has skills & dedication......

Hey keep striving for excellence...

Hey don't get Crossed-Up

Keep the names and comments coming. This is one way in which I can find out a player that has previously escaped my radar screen, and then go watch him. I have made notes of all of the names on these posts of players that I was not aware of, and I am going to look into them this winter....

I greatly enjoy any responses to my Rankings, whether positive or negative.....The Feedback makes me enjoy even more the work I put in to make the most accurate set of Rankings I can........

Also, when making a post about a kid that I have overlooked, any and all information you could post on him would be greatly appreciated, whether basic, like Height Position, High School, AAU Team, etc...or detailed, like stats, or certain breakout performances against another kid ranked........These help me figure out which kids are the ones I definitely need to check out early this winter......