And Giles New Coach Is.........

No need to ask around for me. And I'm not in the dark. Just think that you sir are drinking some funny kool aide if you have the opinions that you do. By the way, when you were spending all these hours discussing discipline, morals, etc you might should have asked about coaching football too. How long did you personally spend on that? Did you ask him if he was in it for the long haul or if GC is a stepping stone. Did you ask him how he could improve upon the success that GC has had. Etc etc etc. enlighten me as to why this man is the perfect fit. Who all did you ask about him that has rings? Fact is the the two you said to give a call are well respected in the high school and college ranks. Smith may be respected but not nearly the same. I'm going to quit now but can't wait to be enlightened. Good luck to coach smith and to GC.

First of all it was you who threw out names. Coach Quarles as I said would be considered the top imho. Now I told you to tell the Rankin man to give us a call. Not that we would be interested in a coach who takes jobs at schools loaded with players and support. Be he coulda called anyway.

Coach Smith answered all the questions with heart and conviction. His reputation is impeccable. His commitment is without question. And since it was Giles who was asking the questions your dog wasn't in the sniffing contest... :mrgreen:

One last thing old man, you make it seem as if you had something to do with this hiring. If you were then what struck you as the one thing that separated smith from the others? How many wanted smith and who were some of the out of state guys? Just curios.

Fair question. I'm just a supporter. He wanted to be at Giles. He was honest. His peers call him trustworthy. Hes our man.. :ph34r:

No need to ask around for me. And I'm not in the dark. Just think that you sir are drinking some funny kool aide if you have the opinions that you do. By the way, when you were spending all these hours discussing discipline, morals, etc you might should have asked about coaching football too. How long did you personally spend on that? Did you ask him if he was in it for the long haul or if GC is a stepping stone. Did you ask him how he could improve upon the success that GC has had. Etc etc etc. enlighten me as to why this man is the perfect fit. Who all did you ask about him that has rings? Fact is the the two you said to give a call are well respected in the high school and college ranks. Smith may be respected but not nearly the same. I'm going to quit now but can't wait to be enlightened. Good luck to coach smith and to GC.

Well I have yet to meet the man, but my son has and at first glance he likes him. As for a stepping stone, well unless he is successful that stone will be a pebble. Time will tell. Now I want to see who comes with him. GO CATS!!! Edited by dadtimesfive

Does sound like Coach Smith will fit right in at GCHS. Looks like he has been consistently successful as a head coach. I believe Coach Smith wants to make this a permanent home. Always great to get a quality Coach that really wants to be a Bobcat. Good luck to our new coach and can't wait to meet the rest of his incoming staff. Lets get the next era started GO BOBCATS!!!!!!

Where was he before Mt. Pleasant? I ask, because it doesn't take a genius to know that Mt. Pleasant should ALWAYS have success with the caliber of athletes they have on the 2A level. Not saying he can't coach, just saying success there should be had by anyone with a pulse.