New Knoxville Catholic hire!

IrishBBall

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If those Fury girls are anything like the 7th grade Fury girls you don't have anything to worry about!

Don't forget Delaney Lowery returns as well. You just named a bunch of TN Fury girls Allie McLaughlin, Britany Scott, Hannah Hopson, Hope Hopson, Susan Kenny and Delaney. GO FURY girls. GO LADY IRISH. It would be nice if Hanna Mac returned and the twins return.

• 1 month later...

Some girls just lose interest at the high school level in basketball for some reason or take on other sports. Sometimes its just that girl socializing as well. Replacing 4 year starters/lettermen is tough. My daughter plays in the same AAU organization with a lot of the Catholic girls and I hear a few former Irish players will be returning to try out. Love seeing girls be successful in basketball and rise to the next level of signing with a college. I hate seeing talented players not utilize their skills.

Unless I am wrong I cannot remember any Catholic high schools in Tennessee that have the 7th & 8th grade on the high school campus. It would help both academics and athletics if they moved those two grades to the high school campuses. The coaching staffs could start working with the kids at a young age and keep them involved. The top tier academic kids would have the opportunity to take and receive credit for taking a more strenuous academic curriculum.

Unless I am wrong I cannot remember any Catholic high schools in Tennessee that have the 7th & 8th grade on the high school campus. It would help both academics and athletics if they moved those two grades to the high school campuses. The coaching staffs could start working with the kids at a young age and keep them involved. The top tier academic kids would have the opportunity to take and receive credit for taking a more strenuous academic curriculum.

Knoxville Catholic is already at max capacity from a student perspective. The best alternative at this point is to have the middle school and high school coaches try to mirror programs. In the past, the younger teams had basically installed the high school football offenses. Very few 8th graders are ready to participate and be successful on the high school level.

Knoxville Catholic is already at max capacity from a student perspective. The best alternative at this point is to have the middle school and high school coaches try to mirror programs. In the past, the younger teams had basically installed the high school football offenses. Very few 8th graders are ready to participate and be successful on the high school level.

Agreed - very few 8th graders as well as freshman can compete at the high school level. You do have girls that can but not many and those are usually the girls who play summer ball competitively and up a grade. You may have girls that excel in JV but put them competing at the Varsity level you see girls who turn the ball over and can't handle pressure.

Disagree - Middle school girls should never mix on a high school campus their athletic, academic, social skills and maturity level are not compatible.

Agreed - very few 8th graders as well as freshman can compete at the high school level. You do have girls that can but not many and those are usually the girls who play summer ball competitively and up a grade. You may have girls that excel in JV but put them competing at the Varsity level you see girls who turn the ball over and can't handle pressure.

Disagree - Middle school girls should never mix on a high school campus their athletic, academic, social skills and maturity level are not compatible.

CAK and Webb may disagree. They've had pretty good success with some 8th graders. LOL

Talent is talent, I saw Catholic's incoming freshman boys go 3-3 at Karns team camp and 4 of their games were against varsity teams. They blew out two varsity teams by 30 (Oliver Springs and Oakdale) they defeated two JV teams Gibbs by 58 and Campbell County by 25) They lost to Gatlinburg-Pittmam and Lenior City's varsity teams by 4 and 5. I agree with irish bball middle school feeder programs and high school coaches need to work together.

Edited by QSouth89

• 2 weeks later...

The injury bug has struck again. I was told that Hanna Hopson tore her ACL and Hope Hopson tore muscle in her shoulder. Another long year for the Lady Irish. At least the new floor looks good.

Sorry to hear that; I don't wish that on any team, pray a speedy recovery's - maybe return at the end of the season anyway