What happens at Antioch? Who is next HC?

cubs1

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have three guys on staff with experience but don't know if any are interested. On staff are Peden and Gregory. Bush is still teaching but doubt he has any interest at all. Other than those I'd say PC assistant, Thompson, Moreno, and maybe McPhail.

Everyone of these guys is a big step down from Coach Woodard.

I personally think Peden is right there with Woodward in most ways except for head coaching experience. Peden has learned a lot from some good coaches including his dad.

He is not close in any way. His Dad is not even close. So you agree that the others even some with head coaching experience is a step down.

I think while he was still coaching Bush would have been much like Peden. The others, yes a step down. I think you are wrong about Peden. I've been around the program enough to know more than most. I could even see Peden going with Woodward if there is a spot.

It will be interesting to see who does apply,it will be sad if this is the applicants.

I think while he was still coaching Bush would have been much like Peden. The others, yes a step down. I think you are wrong about Peden. I've been around the program enough to know more than most. I could even see Peden going with Woodward if there is a spot.

I would say that there are only two people who don't work at Antioch, and post on this board, who know those guys well enough to comment with reasonable knowledge on their coaching ability and both have now posted on this thread. The fact is that to achieve consistency, which is the toughest thing to do (and most important for the kids) at a metro school they should go with Peden. He is a really good football coach who knows the kids at Antioch and how to handle them better than anybody they could hire outside.

They should move Chris Robinson up to Varsity full time in Peden's spot and get themselves a new Freshman Coach, or fill Peden's spot with somebody who knows their system (or how to coach in it). The only other reasonable option at this late time would be to bring in Bush as HC and keep everything else the same. Anything else and you are flirting with losing kids in the program, or having BA recruit them away. They need to make this happen asap.