Seymour

wingman10

Its a great school system to get into, and this would be a good program to coach. I know of one excellent applicant that has applied, but I won't put his name out there cause I know how these threads end up going.

I am shocked Coach Jesse decided to hang it up. I always thought he did an excellent job with what he had to work with.

Its a great school system to get into, and this would be a good program to coach. I know of one excellent applicant that has applied, but I won't put his name out there cause I know how these threads end up going.

I am shocked Coach Jesse decided to hang it up. I always thought he did an excellent job with what he had to work with.

I agree with you on Coach Jessee. Good coach!

Jessie never really improved things at Seymour. Their record improved a little bit each year, but that was because he played an extremely easy schedule outside of his district, and they picked up a lot of wins over really weak competition. They never won a game in the district tournament, never made the region, and never finished any higher than 6th/7th in the IMAC.

There isn't much talent there, but there isn't a lot of talent as a whole in that district anyway, and I think it's a little disappointing they never made the region tournament and never got in the hunt for a top 2-3 finish in that league.

According to people in the central office, Jessie stepped down because he plans on going to Gatlinburg Pittman in the next year or so as an assistant coach. His old assistant is head coach there now and wants to get into administration. He's been promised the head coaching job when the current one leaves.

• Upvote 1