2013-14 Darkhorses

Cashville135

Watch out for some serious studs coming out of AAA region 1. Austin Frye, Corbin Hurley, Max Vaughn, Palmer Begley, Jose Blanco, Griffen Broyles, and Austin Bagley(in no particular order). They're going to be tough to beat next season and the best part is some of them will be competing against each other!

Edited by newcoach215

Where are these guys wrestling in the offseason? I've been to Pigeon Forge, Cleveland and Murfreesboro tournaments and the only wrestlers I've seen from Region 1 is Spangler from Tennessee High and a couple of Volunteer kids

Really? There have been several that I know have been wrestling everyday and have competed in a few tournaments. Obviously you have your Science Hill kids who wrestle in tournaments but you also have guys that I know have already been putting alot of time this off season like Storm Williams(ME), Virgil English(JCHS), Griffen Broyles(MW), and Jose Blanco(JCHS).

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't really worry about anyone from Region I competing on the state level this year. These guys are not putting in any extra work, seems all they want to do is vacation. I know some of them are being forced to go to off season workouts but they just goof off when they go. Their out of state travels to tournaments are really just to trade singlets and to get t-shirts. I really wouldn't worry about the Region I guys. No dark horses there. Spangler, Williams, Blanco, Broyles, English--they're all just buds but their parents won't let them hang out together at home so the only reason you may see them at in state tournaments is for the social gathering. Don't expect anything from East TN this year. The coaches in Region 1 are all mostly focusing on track, baseball, football, soccer, etc. Wrestling season is very far off. They will get back on it and start lifting weights and stuff around November. They all just hope that everyone has a good time, cause in the end, its just about having fun--everyone is a winner.

I wouldn't really worry about anyone from Region I competing on the state level this year. These guys are not putting in any extra work, seems all they want to do is vacation. I know some of them are being forced to go to off season workouts but they just goof off when they go. Their out of state travels to tournaments are really just to trade singlets and to get t-shirts. I really wouldn't worry about the Region I guys. No dark horses there. Spangler, Williams, Blanco, Broyles, English--they're all just buds but their parents won't let them hang out together at home so the only reason you may see them at in state tournaments is for the social gathering. Don't expect anything from East TN this year. The coaches in Region 1 are all mostly focusing on track, baseball, football, soccer, etc. Wrestling season is very far off. They will get back on it and start lifting weights and stuff around November. They all just hope that everyone has a good time, cause in the end, its just about having fun--everyone is a winner.

Yep dont give a second thought to anyone from Region 1 - all a bunch of slackers all just in it for the fun and goofing with their buddies ;)

what do you mean marsh?

Basically some from our region including some not on your list have woke up and are working extremely hard since the end of last season to get where they need to be including tourneys out of state such as Alabama, Ohio tournament of Champions and more... With more to come this summer... They may or may not win it all but those who I speak of are putting in the time and effort to realistically have a shot and wont have to look back and say what if...

Edited by marshiebaby