10/10 @ University School of Jackson Bruins

10/19 vs. Crockett Co. Cavaliers

10/25 @ Jackson Northside Indians

11/1 vs. Dyersburg Trojans**

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very tough schedule, and will answer the question of SGC being a "one-time season" or a new threat. It features 2 teams whom had a 10-0 season last year, 1 with a 9-1, 2 with 8-2, and 1 with 7-3. Also has 8 teams that played in the postseason last year. 1 in a state championship, 1 in a state semi-final, and 1 in a state quarter-final. Now all that is left is to see if a team who lost 20+ seniors will dare to be uncommon.

A very tough schedule, and will answer the question of SGC being a "one-time season" or a new threat. It features 2 teams whom had a 10-0 season last year, 1 with a 9-1, 2 with 8-2, and 1 with 7-3. Also has 8 teams that played in the postseason last year. 1 in a state championship, 1 in a state semi-final, and 1 in a state quarter-final. Now all that is left is to see if a team who lost 20+ seniors will dare to be uncommon.

I have a good friend who is a retired coach, that is doing some substitute teaching at S.Gibson occasionally. He said you guys had alot of kids out for spring practice. Thats good. When you lose so many seniors, its nice to have alot of kids to start from scratch with. However, I don't know if numbers will help you guys with this schedule. Truth be told though.... if you can win 4-5 games and sneak into the playoffs..... you will definitely be ready!! Good luck!!!

Going to be interesting when they play obion. The offense coordinator at obion has already guaranteed this game a "W" to his players. Per what the players are saying.

Maybe I am completely wrong... but that's an awfully bold statement coming from a guy (the offensive coordinator) whose team stunk it up last year!!!

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

Going to be interesting when they play obion. The offense coordinator at obion has already guaranteed this game a "W" to his players. Per what the players are saying.

You gotta love when someone is going to bash a coach or make them appear in the wrong, and its always ended with "what they hear the players saying". I guess this is like saying "bless their heart" after putting them down just to make it right. Maybe under the old regime would this guarantee have been made, but we all know they are gone now.

BigPurple: The OC last year was same one for the last 5 years. Not sure what guarantees he'll make since he and the rest of the staff are gone concerning playing S. Gibson or any other 13AA teams.

You gotta love when someone is going to bash a coach or make them appear in the wrong, and its always ended with "what they hear the players saying". I guess this is like saying "bless their heart" after putting them down just to make it right. Maybe under the old regime would this guarantee have been made, but we all know they are gone now.

BigPurple: The OC last year was same one for the last 5 years. Not sure what guarantees he'll make since he and the rest of the staff are gone concerning playing S. Gibson or any other 13AA teams.

Joe.... I hope my comments did not come across the wrong way when I made the comment about his team "stinking it up". I wasn't trying to rub salt in a wound or say anything negative about kids, I just though it was silly for a coach to guarantee a win over a team that went 10-0 last year when your team only won 2-3 games themselves. I hope this was just talk on the part of the players and not that of a coach.

BigPurple: no insult taken. The issue I have is with Gatekeeper, whose comments to date seem to be someone who was in love with the old regime. For he/she to say that the current OC would guarantee a win is idiotic and the fact that he/she ended it by using the old tired method of saying "that's what the kids are saying" means its probably not true. Just someone trying to stir the pot for a program that is rebuilding under Coach Goltra.