2013-2014 AAA Top Teams

I have a hard time believing that many would come in a short amount of time before finding out if there was already a logjam at a position and if others were on the way playing point, for example. Not to mention what was rising from the normal feeder school/schools. That would take some conversations prior to the actual transferring.

Exactly.

listen grandadone, this has been going on for years but recently at riverdale. it used to go on at shelbyville for many years. now there is two ways of looking at this. these schools or even cities either have aau teams or put on these big aau tournys over the spring and summer. these coaches or a representative of these schools look for these star players. after the game they talk to them and their parents. they tell them they will get them jobs if they come play for them. they also tell them they will get a college scholarship if they come there. now i know for a fact this goes on. you can be a crybaby and call it recruiting which it is or you can look at it as your son or daughter will have the best chance at playing in college. i just wish we could get some recruits! lol

listen grandadone, this has been going on for years but recently at riverdale. it used to go on at shelbyville for many years. now there is two ways of looking at this. these schools or even cities either have aau teams or put on these big aau tournys over the spring and summer. these coaches or a representative of these schools look for these star players. after the game they talk to them and their parents. they tell them they will get them jobs if they come play for them. they also tell them they will get a college scholarship if they come there. now i know for a fact this goes on. you can be a crybaby and call it recruiting which it is or you can look at it as your son or daughter will have the best chance at playing in college. i just wish we could get some recruits! lol

Advocating for fairness is not being a crybaby. Most of the transfers to Riverdale are already on the radar screens of colleges due to them already being all-conference players at their former schools. Plus they also have exposure thru AAU. If I were a high school principal and my coach was out recruiting from other schools I would fire his butt.

I say what's meant to be will be if they feel good about having transfers join their team like my grandmother use to say if you like it I love it because they still have to do the work just like the other schools and I feel a little bad for them because they are definately more vulnerable than past seasons they had a garbage player in Olivia Jones she did all the dirty work as in defensively, steals, out rebounding kids 6 or 7 inches taller she was the unsung hero and heart of that team so who takes her place we shall see because Science Hill, Blackman, Oakland, Smyrna, Memphis Central, Bradley Central these teams are hungry so I expect some awesome games from all of them so lets not beat up on Riverdale when they are basically doing what is allowed and don't forget Brandy Alley's mom works for the TSSAA so I'm pretty sure they know the rules, I say let's get ready to watch some exciting basketball from some of the most talented players in the state and country, makes me proud to be a Tennessean. GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE GIRLS FROM A BASKETBALL FAN!

More vulnerable? Two players at Riverdale have already committed to D1 schools and 3 all-star transfers have arrived. Yes, some other teams will work harder to try and unseat Riverdale and if they do justice will have prevailed. If Riverdale wins the state again with a pocket full of transfers then most in Murfreesboro will celebrate again and most of the other schools will just shrug and say " Transfer City did it again" while a few schools will say, "Lets go get us some transfers".

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Riverdale itself can't recruit. TSSAA rules prevent that. But parents, other players, people who know people can recruit all they want. Once a player moves into the school zone, TSSAA just makes sure they are legal to play.

Team Pride AAU has girls all over the state playing for them. It's one of the top AAU programs in the U.S. Its home is right there in Murfreesboro. Top players across the state come to play for them and for the exposure they offer. Once there for the summer, it's not hard for people associated with Riverdale to get parents jobs, apartments, whatever they need, to get their kid to that high school. It's legit recruiting by TSSAA rules since it's done outside of school personnel. However, from others stand point, it's unethical. So I see grandadone's point about it being tainted victory since many see it as unethical. It's basically building an all star team at Riverdale.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Riverdale itself can't recruit. TSSAA rules prevent that. But parents, other players, people who know people can recruit all they want. Once a player moves into the school zone, TSSAA just makes sure they are legal to play.

Team Pride AAU has girls all over the state playing for them. It's one of the top AAU programs in the U.S. Its home is right there in Murfreesboro. Top players across the state come to play for them and for the exposure they offer. Once there for the summer, it's not hard for people associated with Riverdale to get parents jobs, apartments, whatever they need, to get their kid to that high school. It's legit recruiting by TSSAA rules since it's done outside of school personnel. However, from others stand point, it's unethical. So I see grandadone's point about it being tainted victory since many see it as unethical. It's basically building an all star team at Riverdale.

Good points. I know one athletic director at a high school who personally checks on transfers. He has been known to go to a listed residency and make sure the transfer student actually stayed there the previous night. Listing Grandma's house as their residence has become popular with some transfers. However, I assume that most directors don't get so involved in making sure everything is legit. But the season is starting and I do plan to enjoy watching lots of games.

Good points. I know one athletic director at a high school who personally checks on transfers. He has been known to go to a listed residency and make sure the transfer student actually stayed there the previous night. Listing Grandma's house as their residence has become popular with some transfers. However, I assume that most directors don't get so involved in making sure everything is legit. But the season is starting and I do plan to enjoy watching lots of games.

Moms and dads of the three Riverdale transfers all live in Murfreesboro in zone and players live with them.   Nothing done under the table.  

Edited by Brandon100

More vulnerable? Two players at Riverdale have already committed to D1 schools and 3 all-star transfers have arrived. Yes, some other teams will work harder to try and unseat Riverdale and if they do justice will have prevailed. If Riverdale wins the state again with a pocket full of transfers then most in Murfreesboro will celebrate again and most of the other schools will just shrug and say " Transfer City did it again" while a few schools will say, "Lets go get us some transfers". Blackman has at least 7 D1 players also.