GRACE AT ONEIDA / OAKDALE AT ROCKWOOD

baseball100

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baseball 100- Don't think the Rockwood win was much of a surprise last night! I've thought Rockwood had the best team in the district all year. From top to to bottom of the order they can hit! Congrats to Oakdale on a great feat, but I see this being a pretty commanding Rockwood win! As for Oneida and Grace, that should be a win for Grace! BUT if the long drive gets to them, or if they come out with sloppy defense like they have a couple times this year then Oneida is capable of putting Grace out.

I agree with both of you. Oneida has a legitimate ball team that can play with Grace and Rockwood. The key position for the Indians will be who they put on the hill. If they can minimize the sticks of Grace and keep balls inside the fence they have some nice defensive pieces. Oakdale has come along nicely too, but they may have loads of trouble with the Tigers in their home park. It would surprise many if they can beat Rockwood. Oneida is clearly better than a year ago...maybe they can get it done at home. I would think it will be interesting to watch.

Kaz

Edited by kazam37

Not sure how close Oakdale got to Rockwood, but the Indians gave the Rams all they wanted. In the bottom of the seventh the umpire made a tag out call at 3rd that was tight. He could have called that one either way....in fact, I think he beat it. If that happens, the Indians would have had runners on third and second with only ONE out.....it made a huge difference because the next player chopped one in the infield that the shortstop barely got the play at first for the third out, but remember if the runner was on third he probably would have scored. It was a fantastic game to watch though...! Hats off to both of those clubs.

Kaz

Not sure how close Oakdale got to Rockwood, but the Indians gave the Rams all they wanted. In the bottom of the seventh the umpire made a tag out call at 3rd that was tight. He could have called that one either way....in fact, I think he beat it. If that happens, the Indians would have had runners on third and second with only ONE out.....it made a huge difference because the next player chopped one in the infield that the shortstop barely got the play at first for the third out, but remember if the runner was on third he probably would have scored. It was a fantastic game to watch though...! Hats off to both of those clubs.

Kaz

Kaz- Rockwood won pretty handidly 13-5. As for your game, it sickens me anytime Grace advances in anything! I was hoping your club would advance to come to Rockwood for the Region Title, but hats off to a great season. I believe Grace will be finished with an away sub-state game!

WHATS NORTH GREEN AND UNAKA LIKE I HEARD NORTH GREEN HAD A STUD THEY COULD PUT ON THE MOUND BUT CAN EITHER ONE OF THEM HIT WITH ROCKWOOD AND GRACE. CAUSE THEY BOTH CAN PUT UP 14 OR 15 IN A HURRY

I don't know much about either team other than Harriman, the team that Rockwood beat 3 times this year, beat North Green at North Greene mid way through the season. NG might have a stud on the bump, but Rockwood has hit every pitcher they've faced, and i believe they'll continue to do so on their way to state. Grace is the same way, I don't want Grace to make it but if they play like they're capable of then i'd say both will be in the Boro.

I don't know much about either team other than Harriman, the team that Rockwood beat 3 times this year, beat North Green at North Greene mid way through the season. NG might have a stud on the bump, but Rockwood has hit every pitcher they've faced, and i believe they'll continue to do so on their way to state. Grace is the same way, I don't want Grace to make it but if they play like they're capable of then i'd say both will be in the Boro.

Not every pitcher:} Ill go out on a limb, sarcasm:}, and say today's game between Rockwood and Grace will be the highest scoring game of the day!!