Stone Memorial

Jet Pride

Stone Memorial Fired Baseball Coach James White in 3 season his record was 30-65

BB - Stone Memorial High School (Crossville, TN) is currently accepting applications for a Head Baseball Coach with proven track record and the following endorsements: PE, Social Studies (Econ/Government), and Criminal Justice. Interested applicants should contact Lance Kennedy at lance.kennedy@k12tn.net

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any thoughts on who will want it

My thoughts exactly. The guy that takes this job better be careful. Fired a great guy 3 years ago. Not sure about the most recent coach, but talent pool is thin, and they are moving to AAA next year. Good luck getting a guy with proven success to stick his neck out for that.

The great guy who was fired 3 years ago would have won easily with the group there now. Stone returns all but two starters. A coach with a proven track record and real coaching ability could surprise the new district with this group. The last guy is a nice guy. He is not a baseball coach.

I think it's a great job, there was off the field issues the reason they ran the coach off 3 years ago.

You have a outstanding field, and I think there in a better district because your getting away from Alcoa, CAK & Loudon. I understand your going into Cookeville district but I can see Stone fighting for 2nd place with Rhea County, Warren County & Cumberland County

I think it's a great job, there was off the field issues the reason they ran the coach off 3 years ago.

You have a outstanding field, and I think there in a better district because your getting away from Alcoa, CAK & Loudon. I understand your going into Cookeville district but I can see Stone fighting for 2nd place with Rhea County, Warren County & Cumberland County

I have not seen the field in a few years, but I have heard it is nice

With the present administration, who were willing to settle for last or next to last place three years in a row, fighting for second place seems a lofty goal. Last years talent pool at Stone could have won the District had they had any mentoring. Nothing in Cumberland County High School baseball will change until parents get tired of just settling. Somehow a fire has to be lit under the BOE and High School Principals that as far as baseball the system has failed miserably. I do hope a little more forethought is put into hiring the next coach for the sake of the young men involved. They deserve much better than has thus far been afforded them. I also think Coaches, at least head Coaches need to be certified teachers. It's not that way in Cumberland County, you work in the school system you can Head Coach. There's just something wrong with that picture.

I agree that the Cumberland Co BOE has not stepped up and provided any of our '2nd Tier' teams a chance. No support at all. The fields on both high schools are nice, but that's it. When they decided to split the schools they diluted the sports teams talent pools and both schools have struggled to recover. The majority of the population is retirement age and most don't give a hoot about our sports teams. Being said, CCHS baseball has had some stability by having a head coach stick around and work hard at building his teams with what he has. KUDOS to him. I hope Stone can get it solved, but it will be strange of having both the teams in the same district.