Top 23 Games for Week 0: Alcoa at Smith County

CoachT

Looking on TV SC was even in size if not slightly biggerand I looked at both teams. Try to watch it back without bias. Sure when you get beat that bad, you want to be able to say bigger, faster, stronger, etc. But I don't think that was the case, except the stronger part.

Their defense didn't fall for any of the misdirection and were in every hole, and their offense was executed to perfection.

I think u are the only one with that belief, everyone at the game just kept saying how much bigger AHS was then SC. As far a athletic ability, if u are on Alcoa's level then u should have more than 2 first downs(1 by way of offsides) and 20 yards on the starters. 1,2,11,18,23,42,57,91 for alcoa were unmatched by anyone on SC, 25 for SC looked the part but got hit on a kick return and that was all she wrote for him...

All in all good game for Alcoa to build upon, too many penalties and balls on the ground, will have to be 3 times as good to beat MHS next week..

SC will grow from this game and should compete to win their district. G/L rest of the way

I think u are the only one with that belief, everyone at the game just kept saying how much bigger AHS was then SC. As far a athletic ability,

if u are on Alcoa's level then u should have more than 2 first downs(1 by way of offsides) and 20 yards on the starters. 1,2,11,18,23,42,57,91 for alcoa were unmatched by anyone on SC, 25 for SC looked the part but got hit on a kick return and that was all she wrote for him...

All in all good game for Alcoa to build upon, too many penalties and balls on the ground, will have to be 3 times as good to beat MHS next week..

SC will grow from this game and should compete to win their district. G/L rest of the way

Nailed it!!!!!!

Guest Termite

It's been that bad for years, you just didn't get exposed that bad tiill last night.

Bad for Years?  I guess that means there were many ,many very bad defenses they played over the  years.

I would venture a guess the ONLY time you seen the SC line play was when Whineytown played SC. And with that.....Westy got whipped there too.  ( ask M. Baker)  With 3 1st year starters and 1 being a freshman....yea.....not great, but with the athletes Alcoa had on defense....they would/will make a lot  O-lines look bad.

Sounds like there was a good game with the bottom feeders of Sumner County last night.  :thumb:

Bad for Years?  I guess that means there were many ,many very bad defenses they played over the  years.

I would venture a guess the ONLY time you seen the SC line play was when Whineytown played SC. And with that.....Westy got whipped there too.  ( ask M. Baker)  With 3 1st year starters and 1 being a freshman....yea.....not great, but with the athletes Alcoa had on defense....they would/will make a lot  O-lines look bad.

Sounds like there was a good game with the bottom feeders of Sumner County last night.  :thumb:

Now that's the kind of material that keeps me coming back on here Tmite

I was actually trying to compliment you with that prior post if you'd read between the lines a little. Just think real hard what I might have meant by that. I'll make it easy for you, do you think SC has ever had a line that could block Alcoa or you reckon any of um over the past 80 years would have looked like they did last night against them. That type of sorry line play has satisfied yall this long so what's the big deal specifically last night.

Guest Termite

I was actually trying to compliment you with that prior post if you'd read between the lines a little. Just think real hard what I might have meant by that. I'll make it easy for you, do you think SC has ever had a line that could block Alcoa or you reckon any of um over the past 80 years would have looked like they did last night against them. That type of sorry line play has satisfied yall this long so what's the big deal specifically last night.

Had lines that played better than last night?.......yea.....many. Be able to play with Alcoa??  Don't know ....don't look like it.......haven't the 2 times we played them. But having a line  being able to play with MOST teams in the past ...yea.

Actually....I was trying to compliment you too........read between the lines. I didn't even mention that it looks like a good thing Merroll Hyde don't  field a team,